17 replies to this topic

#1 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,257 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 31 December 2022 - 04:49 PM

Curiosity has got the best of me. How will you "Ring in the New Year"? Do any of us still party hardy?

In the old days I was a musician so I've done way more than a fair share of New Year's Eve parties. Probably have seen way more than I've ever needed to. :)

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#2 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,536 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 31 December 2022 - 04:56 PM

Here at Fort Sagebrush, it’s going to be bedtime by 10 PM, the party hardy days are long gone.

I am haunted by waters

#3 pvstoy

pvstoy

• Members
  • 2,760 posts
  • LocationCarson City, NV

Posted 31 December 2022 - 05:44 PM

Here at Fort Sagebrush, it’s going to be bedtime by 10 PM, the party hardy days are long gone.

Yea, that is the way it's been for years now for us.

Patrick

2015 FWC Hawk Flatbed

#4 pvstoy

pvstoy

• Members
  • 2,760 posts
  • LocationCarson City, NV

Posted 31 December 2022 - 05:57 PM

Don't know what to expect when the 2023 door opens.... 

2023 door-stick.JPG

Patrick

2015 FWC Hawk Flatbed

#5 Cpt Davenport

Cpt Davenport

• Members
  • 639 posts
  • LocationDavenport CA

Posted 31 December 2022 - 07:52 PM

If I make it till midnight so be it. If I fall asleep, then no worries either. Days of waking up late and hungover are behind me. Much nicer spending the first day of a new year refreshed and full of vigor. Hope it is a great new year for you all. I appreciate you and all the wisdom you share.

Sean

#6 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,269 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 31 December 2022 - 08:07 PM

Pretty much the same around the Casa,casa.

For NYE dinner I'll make a  Ligurian shrimp that is a main stay for a nice celebration.

Although there have been a few times while visiting

our daughter in Spain that we have been awake to see

the new year in,but that was due to just sitting around and enjoying

the company and some great wine and cheeses.

Funny how the new year gets here even if we don't see it in.

Every one have a great new year.

Frank and Sharon

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#7 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,257 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 31 December 2022 - 11:17 PM

Julie saw this and said, "Whoa, that's late!" Julie is a person who does not know there are two nine o'clocks in a day.

My little buddy Barking Spider says the last time he saw midnight was one night when he had to get up to pee.

Since the weather is rough today, maybe there won't be any shots fired at midnight around here. That will be nice not to be awakened from a sound sleep by gunfire.

Julie and I will celebrate quietly around here and be in bed before nine. :)

Happy New Year everyone!

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#8 PaulT

PaulT

Need gumbo

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
  • LocationHillsboro, Oregon

Posted 31 December 2022 - 11:57 PM

I'm plan to make it to midnight. I just don't know if I'll be awake or snuggled under the comforter at that time. Either is fine by me.

Paul

I thought getting old would take longer.

#9 Lighthawk

Lighthawk

Weekend warrior

• Members
  • 3,319 posts
  • LocationNevada City, CA

Posted 01 January 2023 - 03:36 AM

We have been back from a week in Death Valley to return for four days of playing catch up in our jobs.    It's been raining every day with 3.25" rainfall today.   The rivers are rising. The South Yuba is at 5k, after peaking at 10k CFS.   I've photographed it at 15k.  With these low snow levels, we might see flooding.

We followed our normal Saturday schedule this morning and went to the gym at 730am.   It's good to have an outlet when hiking/biking isn't available.  I spent the day organizing photos on LR and looking at flatbed camper specs.

We're night owls, so will watch a movie and see if we can make it to midnight.

Here's a shot from my driveway last night.

DSC06283-X3.jpg

HAPPY NEW YEAR to the WTW crew!

2021 RAM 3500 Crew 4x4, 6.4 hemi/8 speed trans with 4.10 gears, Timber Grove bags, Falken Wildpeak 35" tires.

OEV Aluma 6.75 flatbed, Bundutec Odyssey camper on order for 2024

For this year we're still using our 2008 FWC Hawk with victron DC-DC charger, 130w solar, MPPT controler

with 2000w inverter and external 120v output and 12v solar input with 100w portable solar.   http://lighthawkphoto.com

#10 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,002 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 01 January 2023 - 07:02 AM

highway 16 was closed due to flooding. I was concerned the road might wash out before I could turn around. It is quieter than normal. I'm sure that won't stop all of them. Looks like the storm has stopped for now. Until the next round. Happy New Year.

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users