• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Cpt Davenport

Cpt Davenport

• Members
  • 647 posts
  • LocationDavenport CA

Posted 09 January 2023 - 10:54 PM

I have yet to get stuck in my new rig and really wanting to try out the Go Treads. Alas! My neighbor came over just now and was stuck in his driveway with his VW GTI. He asked if I would pull him out with my K5. He had tried sticking everything but the kitchen sink under his wheels to get out. I brought over the traction boards and placed them behind the front tires. He put it in reverse and effortlessly back up and out the driveway. Super impressive performance yielded by Go Treads! Didn't even need to uncover the Blazer. He rinsed them off and left them on my porch with $10 in between them :)

I love how these traction boards fold up and stow away so nice inside the camper. 

https://gotreads.com/

#2 goinoregon

goinoregon

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • LocationPDX

Posted 10 January 2023 - 04:09 AM

thx !

Oregon

#3 JWL

JWL

• Members
  • 295 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 10 January 2023 - 02:17 PM

I’ve been wondering about those. I’ve also seen that you can use them for leveling. Have you tried that?

Thanks

2007 Tundra 5.7L Dbl cab

2020 Hawk Shell

#4 Cpt Davenport

Cpt Davenport

• Members
  • 647 posts
  • LocationDavenport CA

Posted 10 January 2023 - 03:15 PM

I’ve been wondering about those. I’ve also seen that you can use them for leveling. Have you tried that?

Thanks

Yes, I use them for leveling all of the time as this has been their primary use for me. It was very impressive seeing how well they worked on a 2 wheel drive vehicle sunk in the mud with absolutely bald tires. Now I have a bit more confidence that they may get me out of a bind in 4 low with my Toyo AT3's and limited slip rear diff. As mentioned, they stow away nicely with my other leveling blocks.

Curious if anyone else has any trail experience with them to share?

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_1611.jpg

Edited by Cpt Davenport, 10 January 2023 - 03:20 PM.

#5 PJorgen

PJorgen

• Members
  • 178 posts
  • LocationNorthern Nevada

Posted 11 January 2023 - 07:43 PM

Do you have the regular or XL set?

2014 Hawk, Silver Spur exterior on a 2012 GMC 2500HD 4x4.

#6 Cpt Davenport

Cpt Davenport

• Members
  • 647 posts
  • LocationDavenport CA

Posted 11 January 2023 - 11:51 PM

I got the regular 3 foot set (always trying to save weight and space). We shall see how they hold up and perform over time. 

#7 slash2

slash2

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area

Posted 12 January 2023 - 07:11 PM

Dang! I didn't know about these. I ordered a set of ActionTrax recovery boards a couple of days ago after momentarily getting stuck in the mud in a turnout on Coalinga Rd last week during the hard rain. Had I been aware of the Gotreads, and that you could use them for leveling too, I would have gone with them. I need to level my rig way more often than I need to get it unstuck, fortunately!

/2

#8 Taku

Taku

Buffalo Rockface

• Members
  • 757 posts

Posted 13 January 2023 - 06:36 PM

Thanks for the review. We just got our GoTreads and since the are to do double duty as traction devices and leveling blocks I am appreciative of your note that the work well for traction.

2005 Tundra  2013 Ocelot    "Ridiculously comfortable"

2021 Tundra 2022 Cougar Shell Built Out  "Even more ridiculously comfortable"

#9 Lighthawk

Lighthawk

Weekend warrior

• Members
  • 3,319 posts
  • LocationNevada City, CA

Posted 23 January 2023 - 12:16 AM

We were gifted a set of ActionTrax boards from KP Pawley.  I think they left them in our new flatbed rack.

Two days later, my wife asked me if we should bring the boards with us on a ski trip, using our old 2006 Tunda.

I thought, "Sure, why not?  They are just sitting in the garage.  Maybe it will be for someone else."

We got to our local park spot, half an hour up the road and there was already a low slung sedan stuck in the road.

The men were both in city clothes, and had a scissor jack under the car.  They had their floor mat ready to put under the tire.

I showed them my spanking new traction boards, and after the jack was removed I slid the pads into place on both sides.

The other side of the car was about two inches off the ice.  The tires were extreme low profile sidewalls. 

The front wheel drive engaged, and pulled a the ActionTrax under the tire, then the driver slowly drove right back and away.

I think I may be a convert.

2021 RAM 3500 Crew 4x4, 6.4 hemi/8 speed trans with 4.10 gears, Timber Grove bags, Falken Wildpeak 35" tires.

OEV Aluma 6.75 flatbed, Bundutec Odyssey camper on order for 2024

For this year we're still using our 2008 FWC Hawk with victron DC-DC charger, 130w solar, MPPT controler

with 2000w inverter and external 120v output and 12v solar input with 100w portable solar.   http://lighthawkphoto.com

#10 AWG_Pics

AWG_Pics

Into the Great Empty

• Members
  • 1,195 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 23 January 2023 - 02:10 AM

We ordered a couple based on CD's suggestion. They are now tucked under the two front seats of our Tundra. Thanks CD!

lived for several years each in Montana, Utah, Idaho, Texas, Washington, Oregon.

2019 Tundra, Hawk.

https://www.flickr.c...hotos/awg_pics/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users