27 replies to this topic

#1 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,251 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 11 January 2023 - 06:32 PM

I found this video to be very well done and the presenter does a excellent job. I appreciated the pros and cons at the end. There are many things I like about the camper. One fault is no comfortable seating with people's backs up against the vertical camper walls. There are easy work arounds, though. What do do think?

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#2 CraggyMan

CraggyMan

• Members
  • 333 posts
  • LocationBend OR

Posted 11 January 2023 - 07:30 PM

My across the street neighbors are picking one up next week. Long lead time but they had no issues. Looking forward to finally having a good look at this design.

Definitely out of our price range and feel no need for the upgrade but looks well thought out and they had some mad money so why not?

2016 Four Wheel - Fleet, 2009 Toyota Tacoma TRD - https://www.flickr.c...sertdustimages/

#3 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,267 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 11 January 2023 - 07:34 PM

A lot of companies are trying to build a better "mouse trap".

I like some of the features but I also like a simple camper.

The issue of the no power and depending on power to lower the top

could be an issue.

Keep it simple is my idea.

Did I miss a cost? It has to be very expensive.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#4 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,251 posts

Posted 11 January 2023 - 07:35 PM

My across the street neighbors are picking one up next week. Long lead time but they had no issues. Looking forward to finally having a good look at this design.

Definitely out of our price range and feel no need for the upgrade but looks well thought out and they had some mad money so why not?

Thanks for the reply and please share your thoughts when you see your neighbor's new camper. We're not at all interested in spending money. The design is interesting and it is fun to watch the pop up camper evolve. There is much I would change with the inside layout and amenities for Julie's & my use.

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#5 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,251 posts

Posted 11 January 2023 - 07:38 PM

A lot of companies are trying to build a better "mouse trap".

I like some of the features but I also like a simple camper.

The issue of the no power and depending it power to lower the top

could be an issue.

Keep it simple is my idea.

Did I miss a cost? It has to be very expensive.

Frank

Frank, the first thing Julie noted was needing an alternate way to raise or lower the top if power was out.

From what I saw on the website, regarding price, around $60,000.

#6 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,267 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 11 January 2023 - 07:48 PM

Frank, the first thing Julie noted was needing an alternate way to raise or lower the top if power was out.

From what I saw on the website, regarding price, around $60,000.

$60K no problem.We just need to win the MEGA millions.

Headed out to the store now to get my winning ticket.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#7 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,532 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 11 January 2023 - 10:58 PM

<snip>

One fault is no comfortable seating with people's backs up against the vertical camper walls. There are easy work arounds, though.

<snip>

With the exception of an Alaskan CO, that has been an issue for every camper I’ve owned or been in.

I am haunted by waters

#8 fish more

fish more

• Members
  • 791 posts
  • LocationSierra Foothills

Posted 11 January 2023 - 11:18 PM

Even thought the camper had alot of storage under the bed, it lacks drawers and cabinets for storage, their cabinets looked to be small and lacked space. Again, keep it simple. The camper looked to be well made, fit and finish is nice.

#9 goinoregon

goinoregon

• Members
  • 506 posts
  • LocationPDX

Posted 12 January 2023 - 01:11 AM

I found this video to be very well done and the presenter does a excellent job. I appreciated the pros and cons at the end. There are many things I like about the camper. One fault is no comfortable seating with people's backs up against the vertical camper walls. There are easy work arounds, though. What do do think?

monte, how did you layout the seating for your camper?  i cant remember. i have not finished my rear seating yet, and plan on tackling it this spring.. i have the table support situated.

Oregon

#10 rubberlegs

rubberlegs

curmudgeon

• Members
  • 560 posts
  • LocationEverett, WA

Posted 12 January 2023 - 02:08 AM

There is much I would change with the inside layout and amenities for Julie's & my use.

I'm curious -- what changes would you make?

I've had some wonderful quality time in our camper, in our garage lately trying to set it up for a  lithium battery. A half hour ago I managed to touch two wires together and... SPARKS! Yikes.

Tacoma/Fleet 2018.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users