Lawson's Landing

CPT Davenport

Picked off a quick night at the Landing on Friday. We saw a rare window of sun, very little wind, and not that bad of a crowd (although watching the crowd there is part of the fun). Lots of fish'n crab'n and clam'n going on. We scored a spot on the sea wall and were blessed with some king high and low tides. Pretty cool to camp at the waters edge and enjoy a morning egg scramble with some Chanterelles we picked along the way. Super nostalgic place and only 3 hours away. And of course we had to indulge in some Hog Island oysters!

Attachments

• IMG_2254.jpg
    IMG_2254.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_2255.jpg
    IMG_2255.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_2251.jpg
    IMG_2251.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_2259.jpg
    IMG_2259.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_2260.jpg
    IMG_2260.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 109
Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
Hog Island oysters ,oh I can just taste them,yummy.
Thanks for the photos.
Hwy 1 must be open.Last I saw it was closed from Olema to Pt Reys Station.
Frank
We came in through Nicasio along the reservoir into Point Reyes. We went home through PR to Stinson. Seems all cleaned up now from what we saw. Already having oyster withdraws, yummy indeed. My wife is a self proclaimed "chowder snob". She met her match on the way home in Marshall at Tony's with a light broth, perfect seasoning and some Manila clams in the shell giving it a cioppino chowder vibe.

Those boots have passed the test of time! I have been running that brand for many many years with excellent results. I add an insert for arch support and also some woolies when it's cold. I go daily from the boat, to the beach and have been know to continue on to dinner with them (wife hates that part).

Cpt Davenport said:
We came in through Nicasio along the reservoir into Point Reyes. We went home through PR to Stinson. Seems all cleaned up now from what we saw. Already having oyster withdraws, yummy indeed. My wife is a self proclaimed "chowder snob". She met her match on the way home in Marshall at Tony's with a light broth, perfect seasoning and some Manila clams in the shell giving it a cioppino chowder vibe.
Stop,my mouth is watering.We have eaten at Marshall's several times.
It's one of the food places we try to go to when camping SPT SP.

Did you ever eat at the now closed (feds shut them down) oyster farm I think it was on Estero rd?

They had some great oysters.
Frank

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
Stop,my mouth is watering.We have eaten at Marshall's several times.
It's one of the food places we try to go to when camping SPT SP.

Did you ever eat at the now closed (feds shut them down) oyster farm I think it was on Estero rd?

They had some great oysters.
Frank
That was Drakes Bay Oyster Co. Great oysters and a major supplier in CA for many years. The closure of that farm is still a sore subject with some locals. They even wrote a book about it, "The Oyster War".

Its a pretty tame spot now. Much smaller and assigned spot but back in the day it was quite a party spot. One large group even put on a concert. Definitely was not a quiet place then.

craig333 said:
Its a pretty tame spot now. Much smaller and assigned spot but back in the day it was quite a party spot. One large group even put on a concert. Definitely was not a quiet place then.
I think it is like anywhere. Best time to score is in the off season. Summers and holidays are a mess at most campgrounds and I avoid the landing during those times. This is why we have these amazing rigs to get us away from the masses. All that said I think a concert there sounds awesome! (depending on the music of course).

Back
Top Bottom