• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 Kodachrome

Kodachrome

• Members
  • 369 posts
  • LocationColorado Rockies

Posted 23 September 2009 - 07:07 PM

It's done, fits nice, a little adjustment room. I used hose on the lower that sits in the moulding, put a curl in the straps for storage of light items. The cuts for the latches don't really affect the noise thus far but I made really nice cuts with shears and kept the inners just in case cross or tail winds cause the latch access to sing.

I just need to dull it down so I don't blind people at certain times of the day..

Attached Thumbnails

• Wing-1.jpg
  • Wing-6.jpg

Instagram

407 HP Supercharged 2005 Tacoma / 550W Solarcharged 2009 ATC Bobcat.

#22 Kodachrome

Kodachrome

• Members
  • 369 posts
  • LocationColorado Rockies

Posted 23 September 2009 - 07:12 PM

It's got a nice angle for front flex of the bed / cabover. A gnarly head wind at highway speeds would push the top of the fairing about a 1/2 inch closer making the spill angle great in all cases. I have my windows squeegee in the storage spot right now. I just hit the panel with a brillo wheel, not so blinding now...

Overall, I am really happy with the way it turned out, it was fun to make...

Attached Thumbnails

• Wing-2.jpg
  • Wing-4.jpg

Instagram

407 HP Supercharged 2005 Tacoma / 550W Solarcharged 2009 ATC Bobcat.

#23 BillM

BillM

• Members
  • 293 posts
  • LocationReno

Posted 20 June 2010 - 07:49 PM

The handy shower curtain rod on the rack, 30 wide by 35 extended. Now for the turnbuckle leashes, front fairing, All Pro jerry can holder, 115 volt plug relocation, etc...

I don't know, if you need a curtain you should find a more remote camp. I will admit though, on a cooler windy day it must be nice.

Billm

2008 Frontier with a 2010 Eagle shell

#24 ETAV8R

ETAV8R

• Members
  • 906 posts
  • LocationRepublik of Kalifornia

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:36 AM

I know this thread is kinda old but as a new FWC Finch owner (as of yesterday) I found the buffeting from the wind in the Banning Pass, near Palm Springs, quite alarming. I was only going 65 at first then the wind kicked up and I brought it down to 50 and it still made me nervous.

How is your airdam working for you? It looks very doable.

Founder of D.E.R.P. Desert Exploration & Research Project. A camp proper is a nomads biding place. He may occupy it for a season or only for a single night, according as the site and its surroundings please or do not please the wanderers whim- Horace Kephart.

2009 4x4 Tacoma Access Cab-The Gini

2013 Silver Spur Finch Shell- The Oxcart/Gini's Burden-

http://www.wanderthe...ory/#entry83606

#25 billharr

billharr

• Members
  • 2,824 posts
  • LocationStockton CA

Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:03 PM

I know this thread is kinda old but as a new FWC Finch owner (as of yesterday) I found the buffeting from the wind in the Banning Pass, near Palm Springs, quite alarming. I was only going 65 at first then the wind kicked up and I brought it down to 50 and it still made me nervous.

How is your airdam working for you? It looks very doable.

I have a airdam on my Hawk because of the buffeting. I stops the noise. As a side note if the noise stops when you crack a window try this. Change the indoor / outdoor air setting on your heater. I find this allows a higher speed without the buffeting. I only use the wing on long trips, not around town.

Bill

#26 Cerdahl

Cerdahl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 12:00 AM

It's got a nice angle for front flex of the bed / cabover. A gnarly head wind at highway speeds would push the top of the fairing about a 1/2 inch closer making the spill angle great in all cases. I have my windows squeegee in the storage spot right now. I just hit the panel with a brillo wheel, not so blinding now...

Overall, I am really happy with the way it turned out, it was fun to make...

#27 Cerdahl

Cerdahl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 12:02 AM

Wow, that's a great deflector. Your other mods are nice as well. I'm thinking of your aluminum idea or 6mm Sheeted PVC. More research to do......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users