No replies to this topic

#1 Stringer

Stringer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 24 January 2023 - 04:12 AM

Hello, I'm listing for sale my 2022 Four Wheel Camper Hawk shell model along with my 2015 Chevy Silverado 2500 4WD LT pick-up truck.

I am the original and sole owner of the camper. I ordered it customized straight from the factory, waited approximately 1 year for it to be built and ready, and then picked it up and had it installed by the FWC team in Bozeman, Montana. I picked it up in late May of 2022. Since then it has lived entirely on the truck, in southern Missouri.

It is a Hawk shell model that I customized with various factory add-ons.

These include:

• Forced air propane furnace with thermostat and dual propane tanks
  • 2 Powered roof vent fans - these are the deluxe Maxxair fans that are remote controlled and have rain sensors. Also, something I don't see very often but consider to be a crucial piece of gear - I added a rain cover/hood to the fan that sits over the cabover bed area. This way, it can be howling rain outside and you can have the vent completely open and the fan running. You keep great ventilation and thermal regulation no matter what's going on outside.
  • 160 W solar panel with MPPT controller
  • 2 Deep cycle 12V house batteries
  • Thermal pack
  • King bed slide-out
  • Rollover couch/bed

The camper has never been smoked in or cooked in. I do not have any pets or children.
The camper's house batteries are charged by both the roof-mounted solar panel and the truck's alternator. It has the Deer Valley fabric and the Silver Spur exterior siding.

The truck is a 2015 3/4 ton Chevy Silverado 2500 LT DBL Cab with 4WD and the Z71 off-road package.
It has the 6.5' bed, with the Vortec 6.0L V8 engine and six speed HD auto transmission. 4.10 rear axle. GVW Rating of 9,500 pounds. Towing capacity 13,000 pounds.

I am the second owner. I purchased it from the GM dealership in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma. It currently has 132,000 miles on it. My time with the truck has been trouble free. It's been my first 3/4 ton and I've really loved the experience. I recently added new running boards/nerf bars to it, as the previous set had some rust on them. The truck has a Ranch Hand brush guard on the front.

I have always closely followed the maintenance schedule.

I placed 2 protective mats in the bed of the truck before having the camper installed. The first one is a DeeZee bed mat custom ordered for the truck. I then used this mat as a template to make a second mat out of horse stall mats I bought from Tractor Supply. This helps to cushion the camper, to provide a small bit of insulation, and to protect both the bottom of the camper as well as the surface of the truck bed.

There are only 2 things I can think of that register as being "wrong" with the truck:
-for whatever reason, the tire pressure gauge seems to be reading low. This results in the truck frequently telling me that the right rear tire is low on psi. I have checked the pressure on many occasions to make sure it's not actually low, and every time the pressure has been perfect. So, the pressure gauge is misreading it. I imagine this is a straightforward fix, but I have not pursued it.
-there is a small chip on the very upper part of the windshield, I assume from a rock strike. I am not sure how long it has been there. I noticed it a few months ago. It has not expanded or increased in size since I've been aware of it. It is so high up on the windshield that you cannot actually see it from inside the cab.

The tailgate was removed to make way for the camper. Of course the tailgate would be included in the sale of the rig.
I also removed the rear seats, thinking I would like to have more space for storage back there. I originally intended to build some type of shelving that would more conveniently hold plastic totes, but I've ended up not really wanting for any storage space - so I ended up not building anything or keeping much of anything back there. At any rate, the rear seats of course will be part of the sale, even though they are not included in these photos. If you'd like the seats reinstalled, I certainly can do that. Or, if you'd like to keep them uninstalled to maintain a large backseat storage area, I can keep them out.

I had the truck detailed a few days ago.

The truck and camper have seen almost exclusively paved roads. Some occasional dirt or grassy campgrounds, but nothing that couldn't have been handled by a far less capable vehicle. I am fastidious about everything I own, and have taken great care of the camper. I'm sad to say I really haven't used it much. When I originally ordered it, I was planning on doing various work gigs across the country, and thought I would use this camper for short term living while I was away for work. In the time it took to have the camper built, my work plans changed, and I no longer needed a vehicle to live out of. This is why I'm selling it. In spite of my affection for both the truck and the camper, I just don't need this much rig at this time.

I am asking $51,000 for the truck and camper. Or $24,000 for the camper by itself.

I am located in Joplin, Missouri. If you have any questions about the rig, or if I can provide any extra photos or information, please don't hesitate to ask.

Have a great day, and thanks for looking!

*I am having a hard time posting photos here, so I will attach a link to the listing I made at Expedition Portal. There are photos there. If you'd like any additional ones, please let me know. Thank you*

https://www.expediti...do-2500.237151/

Edited by Stringer, 31 January 2023 - 02:31 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users