13 replies to this topic

#1 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,584 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 05 March 2023 - 01:43 PM

The Anza Borrego Natural History Association sent a link with a wildflower update.

I am haunted by waters

#2 AWG_Pics

AWG_Pics

Into the Great Empty

• Members
  • 1,196 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 05 March 2023 - 03:55 PM

Looks like a good year for flowers in the southwest. My sister just north of Tucson had snow a few days back. Drought Monitor puts most of Arizona with no drought at all.

lived for several years each in Montana, Utah, Idaho, Texas, Washington, Oregon.

2019 Tundra, Hawk.

https://www.flickr.c...hotos/awg_pics/

#3 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,332 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 05 March 2023 - 06:17 PM

Looks like a good year for flowers in the southwest. My sister just north of Tucson had snow a few days back. Drought Monitor puts most of Arizona with no drought at all.

My cousin in Oracle, AZ (NE of Tucson) reports two significant snow storms this season, enough to prompt the purchase of a snow shovel.

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#4 AWG_Pics

AWG_Pics

Into the Great Empty

• Members
  • 1,196 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 05 March 2023 - 07:13 PM

My cousin in Oracle, AZ (NE of Tucson) reports two significant snow storms this season, enough to prompt the purchase of a snow shovel.

I wonder if she had to go to Show Low or Flagstaff to find a shovel? It is a cool spring this year.

Edited by AWG_Pics, 05 March 2023 - 08:12 PM.

lived for several years each in Montana, Utah, Idaho, Texas, Washington, Oregon.

2019 Tundra, Hawk.

https://www.flickr.c...hotos/awg_pics/

#5 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,332 posts

Posted 05 March 2023 - 07:37 PM

I wonder if he had to go to Show Low or Flagstaff to find a shovel? It is a cool spring this year.

It is possible she asked one of her daughters in Wisconsin to export one into Arizona. :)

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#6 buckland

buckland

• Members
  • 3,079 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 06 March 2023 - 12:22 AM

I was just there a couple days ago and flowers are not yet started for the most part. We have seen large local blooms in the AZ desert today. My sister (retired as head of dept Botany in Riverside CA) ... responded to me forwarding the link ...as she thought I meant they were in full bloom now...sent a curt "Fake News"!! email to me. HA! What do I know?!  Sure wish we could have struck around for a week but our psyche says roll on! We have a lot of ground to cover yet and we keep getting sidetracked!

2016 Duramax 2.8 Diesel long bed Colorado 4WD with 2011 Eagle

Lordwoodcraft  instagram        Rob
The only people who ever get anyplace interesting are the people who get lost.
Henry David Thoreau
"Work to achieve not to acquire"

#7 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,332 posts

Posted 06 March 2023 - 01:02 AM

I was just there a couple days ago and flowers are not yet started for the most part. We have seen large local blooms in the AZ desert today. My sister (retired as head of dept Botany in Riverside CA) ... responded to me forwarding the link ...as she thought I meant they were in full bloom now...sent a curt "Fake News"!! email to me. HA! What do I know?!  Sure wish we could have struck around for a week but our psyche says roll on! We have a lot of ground to cover yet and we keep getting sidetracked!

One of the best parts of travel adventures!

#8 DavidGraves

DavidGraves

• Members
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 06 March 2023 - 01:45 AM

Hey Buckland

Have you gotten down to Organ Pipe Cactus National Monument south of Phoenix ?

David Graves

#9 buckland

buckland

• Members
  • 3,079 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 07 March 2023 - 03:58 AM

Yes we have been there and loved it. Pre Covid we did a trip out to Tucson and rented a car to visit. Remarkable.

2016 Duramax 2.8 Diesel long bed Colorado 4WD with 2011 Eagle

Lordwoodcraft  instagram        Rob
The only people who ever get anyplace interesting are the people who get lost.
Henry David Thoreau
"Work to achieve not to acquire"

#10 kmacafee

kmacafee

• Members
  • 296 posts
  • LocationSt. Paul, MN

Posted 12 March 2023 - 04:00 PM

We've been here in BS for the past two months.  Not a super bloom but tons of flowers none the less.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users