19 replies to this topic

#1 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,315 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 12 March 2023 - 07:48 PM

This is not a usual trip story, but it was quite an adventure nevertheless. Get your shovels, warm clothes on, and join us. Here's the story -

Winter Storms at Home - February & March 2023

We hope you enjoy the adventure. :)

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#2 PaulT

PaulT

Need gumbo

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  • LocationHillsboro, Oregon

Posted 12 March 2023 - 08:59 PM

In your search for Noah, keep an eye peeled for Gideon's Bible. Rumor has it that Rocky Racoon is loose in your neighborhood. Also, some large exercise equipment company has filed patents on the use of scrabble pieces for exercise videos.

In addition, the EPA is looking into large fines for Californians moving the stored solid phase natural resource from where the gummit has placed it in their redistribution activities. :rolleyes:

Boy, you guys will be in top physical condition for the light duty physical activity later in the year in red rock country.

Paul

I thought getting old would take longer.

#3 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,282 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 12 March 2023 - 09:00 PM

Nice storm story. I am waiting for Amazon to deliver our Ark DIY kit.

Not many problems here at Escarlata Casa. But the Pajaro River levee broke

on the Monterey County side and flooded the town of Pajaro.

Not an easy fix,I think if the predicted heavy rains come in a few days,the town

of Pajaro will be in very serious trouble.

Stay safe and dry.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#4 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,565 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 12 March 2023 - 09:23 PM

It’s interesting to so see all of the efforts compiled into a single thread.  That is a LOT of work!

Well done and well written!

I am haunted by waters

#5 AWG_Pics

AWG_Pics

Into the Great Empty

• Members
  • 1,192 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 12 March 2023 - 10:50 PM

Quite a Herculean, if not Sisyphian, task! I am in awe.

No offence to Ski or the Lady, but it looks like the script for some horror movie! The Shining II maybe. But then I am just averse to the white stuff after 30 years on the business end of a shovel. We had no snowblowers, but my dad insisted I help clear the sidewalks and driveways for our neighbors all through junior high and high school. After leaving home I carried on the tradition until suddenly, about 25 years ago, deciding enough was enough.

I hope nature is less generous with more snowpack for you this season.

lived for several years each in Montana, Utah, Idaho, Texas, Washington, Oregon.

2019 Tundra, Hawk.

https://www.flickr.c...hotos/awg_pics/

#6 Ted

Ted

Magellan

• Site Team
  • 2,781 posts
  • LocationEast of Sacramento

Posted 13 March 2023 - 01:18 AM

Whoever came up with the saying "A job well done need never be done again" apparently did not live in snow country. It will be interesting to see a photo later this week after four days straight of heavy rain.

"Not all who wander are lost. Except Ted, he's usually lost."  Dirty Dog

#7 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,565 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 13 March 2023 - 01:21 AM

Whoever came up with the saying "A job well done need never be done again" apparently did not live in snow country. It will be interesting to see a photo later this week after four days straight of heavy rain.

Ted, I’m stealing your first sentence, but remember…  plagiarism is a sincere form of flattery!

I am haunted by waters

#8 Wango

Wango

• Members
  • 311 posts
  • LocationOregon,Montana

Posted 13 March 2023 - 01:31 PM

i have been doing roof top snow-removal in a ski-town since 1994, currently running a crew of 13 now. I can tell you firsthand, how hard this is, and we have only had one(1) winter approaching what the folks in the Sierras  are dealing with. The guys have been talking about it alot, and we are all very glad that we are "only" slightly above normal for this time of year. To date we are about 25% above last year, i would not want to be in that situation.

... just average for a hill-billy...
2016 F350 cc, ATC Custom Flatbed

2022 AEV/Jeep JTRD

#9 goinoregon

goinoregon

• Members
  • 517 posts
  • LocationPDX

Posted 13 March 2023 - 07:58 PM

are we going to schedule a work party to beef up the garage/shed roof this summer?

Oregon

#10 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,315 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 13 March 2023 - 09:55 PM

are we going to schedule a work party to beef up the garage/shed roof this summer?

Good one! Yes, the fix for the shed roof is already planned.

The garage is only five years old and was engineered and built to current snow load requirements. I am confident we would have not had any problems with that roof. But if Julie has a dream and is concerned about the garage roof, we shovel it. Life is so much simpler and easier that way and it's only shoveling.

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users