• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 smcburnett

smcburnett

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 May 2023 - 09:07 PM

I have a 2021 Hawk with front dinette and I’m trying to replace a cracked plumbing manifold. I have the part and am trying to remove the front cabinet panel to gain access to the manifold. I have removed all of the fasteners I can see and the forward section and upper rear of the panel is loose. However, the rear bottom of the panel seems firmly attached to the floor. Have I missed a hidden fastener? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

#2 Jon R

Jon R

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 06 May 2023 - 12:05 AM

The battery compartment is sealed, so there is silicone sealant adhering the front of the cabinet to the battery compartment walls. Feel around the joint in the battery compartment and you will feel the sealant. I suspect that is what is holding the front on after the fasteners are all removed.

Jon R

2021 Grandby Slide-in Front Dinette

2021 GMC 3500HD CC LB SRW Gas

1993 Chevrolet K2500 Ext Cab LB

#3 Jon R

Jon R

• Members
  • 925 posts

Posted 06 May 2023 - 12:15 AM

I have a 2021 Hawk with front dinette and I’m trying to replace a cracked plumbing manifold. I have the part and am trying to remove the front cabinet panel to gain access to the manifold. I have removed all of the fasteners I can see and the forward section and upper rear of the panel is loose. However, the rear bottom of the panel seems firmly attached to the floor. Have I missed a hidden fastener? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I always forget to quote on these types of questions so you get a notification.

Also, if it is the sealant holding it, I’d recommended some careful work with a razor blade instead of just trying to tear it free.

Jon R

#4 smcburnett

smcburnett

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 May 2023 - 12:49 AM

I was able to get the forward end of the the front panel free but unable to get the rear end free. FWC was queried but their response was not useful, so I implmented what my wife called the "nuclear option". I cut the cabinet panel in half vertically (see image 1). The forward half of the panel can be swung out and allows immediate access to almost all of the plumbing. When the panel section is replaced the cut is visible but I will cover it with a nice piece of trim.

Attached Thumbnails

• Manifold Repair 1 copy.jpg
  • Manifold Repair 3 copy.jpg
  • Manifold Repair 4 copy.jpg

#5 Jon R

Jon R

• Members
  • 925 posts

Posted 10 May 2023 - 01:02 AM

What was the FWC response?

Jon R

#6 smcburnett

smcburnett

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 May 2023 - 03:58 PM

If you see black trim piece that would have staples.

Brenda Cary

Service | Four Wheel Campers

P: 530.419.2426

E:  brenda@fourwh.com

#7 BigRanchInSky

BigRanchInSky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 24 May 2023 - 08:37 PM

I was able to get the forward end of the the front panel free but unable to get the rear end free. FWC was queried but their response was not useful, so I implmented what my wife called the "nuclear option". I cut the cabinet panel in half vertically (see image 1). The forward half of the panel can be swung out and allows immediate access to almost all of the plumbing. When the panel section is replaced the cut is visible but I will cover it with a nice piece of trim.

Ouch, I hate cutting into things, but it looks like your best solution was to slice it.

What did you use to cut the cabinet?

#8 goinoregon

goinoregon

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • LocationPDX

Posted 24 May 2023 - 09:29 PM

your nuclear option looks pretty good to me.  its surprising, with that many widgets behind that panel, you would think there would be a way to get in there and fix, replace, etc.

thx for posting.

go

Oregon

#9 smcburnett

smcburnett

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 May 2023 - 10:07 PM

Ouch, I hate cutting into things, but it looks like your best solution was to slice it.

What did you use to cut the cabinet?

Jig saw with a laminate blade (20 tpi - very smooth cut) and a straght edge clamped to the panel to guide the saw.

#10 Wallowa

Wallowa

Double Ought

• Members
  • 2,173 posts
  • LocationNE Oregon

Posted 24 May 2023 - 11:18 PM

Why did the plumbing crack?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users