Loaded up and "wet" Guanella at 3,175 lbs

DarinH

Just as an FYI for anyone curious about the loaded and wet weight of a Hallmark Guanella, here's some info that might be of value to you:

I have a '23 Guanella with the "work boxes" in the back, and a a/c unit, 200 watt solar panel, Yakima rack and fly rod vault on the roof. With water and propane tanks full, 4 days worth of food and beverage in the fridge, and clothes, kitchen necessities, 2 LiFePO4 batteries, and gear/tools, I weighed in on a certified CAT scale at 3,175 lbs (after subtracting out truck and passengers weight). A few extra items added to the back exterior wall of the camper include a full, 5 gallon Jerry can, and a full 1.5 gallon auxiliary propane tank. Other features my unit has are the cassette toilet, Furion cooktop (but no oven), rear wall ladder, and side and rear awnings.

I haul it in a '21 F250 Tremor with 7.3 l gas engine. So far, I only use Firestone air bags to supplement the suspension. I will be adding a rear Hellwig sway bar soon, as I do have some sway on turns and bumps, even with the air bags. With the above load, I am a few hundred pounds over the recommended payload, but I have never felt over-loaded or unsafe. Even with an additional 250 pounds worth of hitch-mounted bike rack and 2 e-bikes in back, I still feel safe and have good braking.

Hellwig rear sway bar was added a few months ago and it is money well spent. The truck is so much more stable on turns and going down the road.

Another data point: Our 2014 Guanella with N-S bed and solar and one AGM battery, one 20# propane tank, no a/c, no boxes or awning, weighs 1900 lbs dry and 3050 wet with supplies.

Back
Top Bottom