• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DarinH

DarinH

• Registered (Tapatalk)
  • 118 posts
  • Locationwestern Colorado

Posted 24 May 2023 - 04:35 AM

Just as an FYI for anyone curious about the loaded and wet weight of a Hallmark Guanella, here's some info that might be of value to you:

I have a '23 Guanella with the "work boxes" in the back, and a a/c unit, 200 watt solar panel, Yakima rack and fly rod vault on the roof. With water and propane tanks full, 4 days worth of food and beverage in the fridge, and clothes, kitchen necessities, 2 LiFePO4 batteries, and gear/tools, I weighed in on a certified CAT scale at 3,175 lbs (after subtracting out truck and passengers weight). A few extra items added to the back exterior wall of the camper include a full, 5 gallon Jerry can, and a full 1.5 gallon auxiliary propane tank. Other features my unit has are the cassette toilet, Furion cooktop (but no oven), rear wall ladder, and side and rear awnings.

I haul it in a '21 F250 Tremor with 7.3 l gas engine. So far, I only use Firestone air bags to supplement the suspension. I will be adding a rear Hellwig sway bar soon, as I do have some sway on turns and bumps, even with the air bags. With the above load, I am a few hundred pounds over the recommended payload, but I have never felt over-loaded or unsafe. Even with an additional 250 pounds worth of hitch-mounted bike rack and 2 e-bikes in back, I still feel safe and have good braking.

#2 DarinH

DarinH

• Registered (Tapatalk)
  • 118 posts
  • Locationwestern Colorado

Posted 28 September 2023 - 02:36 AM

Hellwig rear sway bar was added a few months ago and it is money well spent. The truck is so much more stable on turns and going down the road.

#3 Vic Harder

Vic Harder

Doctor Electric

• Site Team
  • 4,972 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted 28 September 2023 - 02:33 PM

Good info!

#4 Bigfoot

Bigfoot

• Members
  • 223 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 24 February 2024 - 12:18 AM

Another data point: Our 2014 Guanella with N-S bed and solar and one AGM battery, one 20# propane tank, no a/c, no boxes or awning, weighs 1900 lbs dry and 3050 wet with supplies. 

2014 Ram 2500 Laramie 4x4 CTD, Crew Cab, 8' box, Hallmark Guanella 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users