66 replies to this topic

#21 camelracer

camelracer

• Members
  • 960 posts
  • LocationGoleta, Ca

Posted 13 October 2009 - 02:33 AM

Jay,

I checked the calendar and Easter is Apr 4th next year. I'm not sure about San Ignacio but the Mulege area and northern Baja are not places to be anytime around Easter. We usually try to be out of there at least a week before Easter. 2 years ago we were there a couple of weeks after Easter and the beaches were trashed. I'm thinking I'll be heading down early March next year.

Dick
2002 Fiat 2500 CTD 4x4, FWC Grandby 1951 Willys CJ3A

#22 LAWNMOWERMAN

LAWNMOWERMAN

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 03:11 AM

Jay-I am interested in a Baja trip.I have never been there and the group thing sounds good.The 1st week in March works for me ,but I am flexable.

2017 Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad / 2014 ATC Bobcat / Tucson,Az

#23 chnlisle

chnlisle

Post Master

• Members
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationThe Old Pueblo

Posted 13 October 2009 - 02:14 PM

Jay,

I checked the calendar and Easter is Apr 4th next year. I'm not sure about San Ignacio but the Mulege area and northern Baja are not places to be anytime around Easter. We usually try to be out of there at least a week before Easter. 2 years ago we were there a couple of weeks after Easter and the beaches were trashed. I'm thinking I'll be heading down early March next year.

Dick

Dick, Not to mention the 3 hours getting through the drunks in San Felipe. I agree with you but Easter week varies from college to college. Since Easter is April 4th it should be easy to plan around it.

Special Engel Pricing For WTW Members

Click here to see my ATC Cougar
JayAronowSales.com
(520)579-9610
jayaronow@gmail.com

#24 chnlisle

chnlisle

Post Master

• Members
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationThe Old Pueblo

Posted 13 October 2009 - 02:16 PM

LM
It looks like sometime in March works for folks. Now you see why I'm planing this for ahead.

JayAronowSales.com
(520)579-9610
jayaronow@gmail.com

#25 ScottBailey

ScottBailey

• Members
  • 649 posts
  • LocationMesa, AZ

Posted 13 October 2009 - 04:44 PM

Now you see why I'm planing this for ahead.

Speaking of planning ahead, I really want to go. BUT it can't happen, ALL of my 2010 vacation time is committed.

BUT count me in as a definite maybe for 2011. Especially if the pics are good! (Take lots of pics!!!!)

Scott Bailey -- W7SEB
2007 F350 XLT Diesel CC SRW SB 4x4
Cheap tent and a Partner Steel stove. 
Future? Really like the Hiatus, but I'm broke AF, so dreaming about a DIY.
SOLD: 2008 ATC Panther:dinette, 5th wheel

#26 chnlisle

chnlisle

Post Master

• Members
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationThe Old Pueblo

Posted 13 October 2009 - 08:54 PM

Noted!

JayAronowSales.com
(520)579-9610
jayaronow@gmail.com

#27 camelracer

camelracer

• Members
  • 960 posts
  • LocationGoleta, Ca

Posted 15 October 2009 - 04:20 AM

Dick, Not to mention the 3 hours getting through the drunks in San Felipe. I agree with you but Easter week varies from college to college. Since Easter is April 4th it should be easy to plan around it.

Jay,

It's not the college kids - it's the locals. They send the navy to the Bahia Concepcion beaches to control the crowds.

Dick
2002 Fiat 2500 CTD 4x4, FWC Grandby 1951 Willys CJ3A

#28 Tomas Tierra

Tomas Tierra

• Members
  • 1,071 posts
  • LocationHollywood Beach, Alta California

Posted 15 October 2009 - 02:50 PM

Any Mexican worth a kilo of tortillas heads for the coast for Semana Santa. Not a good time to be around unless you are going seriously boondocking..Prolly the only area in all of Baja not affected is the seven sisters area..Pta Canoas to Pta Sta Maria, Pac side. Wish I was there right now!

Attached Thumbnails

• 3-15.jpg

Was, 1988 Toyota custom cab 4by with 1984 fwc Fleet
Then,1995 Toyota T-100 4by with 1984 fwc Fleet
Then,1993 Toyota T-100 longbed 4by with 2002 fwc Ranger
Then, 2002 Toyota Tundra AC 4by with 2002 fwc Ranger
NOW, 2005 TOYOTA TUNDRA DOUBLE CAB 4x4 WITH 2001 FWC HAWK EXT

#29 chnlisle

chnlisle

Post Master

• Members
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationThe Old Pueblo

Posted 17 November 2009 - 05:43 PM

Okey Dokey,
I have a lot of I wishes and maybes and plenty of suggestions and I am thankful for all of your input......But....The three commitments I have are all for the first week in April. The plan is to meet in Calexico around 8 or 8:30 Saturday April 3,2010 and get going as soon as everyone is ready. This is not yet cast in bronze but the lost wax process is finished so if you have another suggestion the time is now.

JayAronowSales.com
(520)579-9610
jayaronow@gmail.com

#30 Desert Dweller

Desert Dweller

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationCoachella Valley

Posted 18 November 2009 - 06:01 PM

Okey Dokey,
I have a lot of I wishes and maybes and plenty of suggestions and I am thankful for all of your input......But....The three commitments I have are all for the first week in April. The plan is to meet in Calexico around 8 or 8:30 Saturday April 3,2010 and get going as soon as everyone is ready. This is not yet cast in bronze but the lost wax process is finished so if you have another suggestion the time is now.

I am also interested in joining the group and can go whenever the dates are set, let me know. I've been wanting to travel south of the border to see the whales, but I'am always concerned with safety first. I am not familiar with all the necessary paperwork so please let me know what I'd need to do ahead of time and if we would be boondocking so I could prepare. I am coming from the Coachella Valley so Iam only 1 hr 30 min from Calexico.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users