• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 The Saints

The Saints

• Members
  • 239 posts
  • LocationSanta Cruz, CA

Posted 03 October 2009 - 03:53 PM

Well yesterday I made the long travel from Santa Cruz to Sacramento to pick up our Bobcat. It was a non eventful trip up, no rush hour traffic and with my GPS navigating for me no wrong turns. Although, with out my old camper shell and tailgate, the Taco felt like a sports car.
Once at ATC, the guys (Jeff and Marty,Don was off hunting for a hunting location) went right to work. Before I knew it Jeff had the hood open and was pulling wire. Marty had to check out the donuts I brought, then showed me the ins and outs of how to pop up the top of the camper. He left me there to play, while they got the truck ready. But when I would wonder out of the camper, I would catch Marty dropping little donut pieces on Jeff while under the truck.
Then came Delvin. He is a cousin or something to the crew there. I guess he is a traveling mechanic for a large company and quite a character. With the three of them there, the place got very amusing. Since they are all so close, the insults were flying from all directions. A whole lot of love in this shop.
Then came the time when Jeff told me to back the truck under the camper (we named it Robert, you can figure that out). Being the first time it was a bit daunting. Needless to say it worked out fine. After a few minutes the boys had it plugged in and turn buckled up. Since I had those Super springs installed the truck barely dropped. Then came the fun part all three of the guys showed me how to work the whole camper. Told me what to expect while driving, and told me to call anytime I needed help.
The most fulfilling part of the day came next. The Bill. Once paid, Marty reminded me of the fine print of the warranty where it fails to exist once they cant see the camper any more. Of course he was joking (?)
The drive home was no problem. The truck did bob a bit on some part of the road, and it did feel heavier around some of the turns. But rides better then I though. With the Tacoma I have an "ECT" button on the extreme left side of the dash board. Before depressing that button, while in cruise control the truck would want to jump around with the gears causing the rpms to spike. After I pressed the ECT button, that took all of that away. It had no problem with the hills at 65 to 70 in cruise control.
I do have pictures and more to tell, but I have to get them off the camera later.
We are very impressed and Love our camper already. Today we get to shop (and I am excited about shopping for once) for goods to start outfitting it.

Scott, Valerie and Dukino 
2002 Tacoma Ext Cab TRD 4 X 4
2020 FourWheel Fleet, loaded

#2 marc

marc

Fire Proof

• Members
  • 1,121 posts
  • LocationSouth Shores California

Posted 03 October 2009 - 05:55 PM

Sounds great. Congrats

2016 Sprinter Silver Gray 144 Std. Roof 4x4. 3.0 diesle, Cooper "Dicoverer" ST Maxx 255/85/16

#3 Mark W. Ingalls

Mark W. Ingalls

• Members
  • 1,248 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 03 October 2009 - 06:32 PM

<snip>Today we get to shop (and I am excited about shopping for once) for goods to start outfitting it.

Target has Coleman 30 degree bags (X long) that match the blue interior of our camper. We got four, 'cause Edna loves them so much.

#4 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,316 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 03 October 2009 - 09:12 PM

Congrats on your new bobcat! You've got to be excited. Where's the first trip to?

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#5 Argonaut20

Argonaut20

• Members
  • 432 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 09:28 PM

You will have a great time with 'Robert'. We found plastic boxes that fit the cabinets at Target, light folding chairs that work well and are pretty comfy at WalMart, folding aluminum table at Camp World, etc. Now to organize it...

2006 Tacoma, '66 AS Caravel,  2002 Eagle

#6 simimike

simimike

• Members
  • 860 posts
  • LocationSimi Valley Ca.

Posted 03 October 2009 - 09:46 PM

Congrats. Now the fun begins.

#7 chnlisle

chnlisle

Post Master

• Members
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationThe Old Pueblo

Posted 03 October 2009 - 11:18 PM

Time to add Sunny's board rack.

Special Engel Pricing For WTW Members

Click here to see my ATC Cougar
JayAronowSales.com
(520)579-9610
jayaronow@gmail.com

#8 The Saints

The Saints

• Members
  • 239 posts
  • LocationSanta Cruz, CA

Posted 04 October 2009 - 04:00 PM

okay, here are some pictures, exciting to me but probably boring to you. They are of the guys installing our camper. Showing me the camper, installing the eye bolts and electrical.

Attached Thumbnails

• 100_0956.jpg
  • 100_0961.jpg
  • 100_0964.jpg

#9 The Saints

The Saints

• Members
  • 239 posts
  • LocationSanta Cruz, CA

Posted 04 October 2009 - 04:08 PM

We went out and bought all kinds of stuff to equip our camper yesterday. Rei sold us a stackable cook set, and a nice dog bed. Valerie did not like our old chairs so we bought some coleman ones that look like director chairs but are normal size chairs. they have a little tray on the side for snacking and drinks.
We went to Target for some blankets, because she doesn't want to use sleeping bags (**^%#%&*&)!! We bought some Corelle flatware because the camper is "just too nice for our old camp flatware" (the wife). And we bought several other items.
So next week we will go to the strand in Morro bay, for our first overnight trip, and since we are in town, ther sould be no problem if we forgot something important. The Big break in will be on Oct 19. We have a bit over a week off and will camp and surf our way down to San Diego where Valerie's best friend lives. Of course I will keep taking pictures, but promise to make them more exciting than shop pics.

#10 chnlisle

chnlisle

Post Master

• Members
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationThe Old Pueblo

Posted 04 October 2009 - 04:12 PM

Great New Fun!!! And she'll come around on sleeping bags after while and after making and making up the bed with blankets and sheets.

Special Engel Pricing For WTW Members

Click here to see my ATC Cougar
JayAronowSales.com
(520)579-9610
jayaronow@gmail.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users