#1 Freelheeler

Freelheeler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • LocationGardiner, MT

Posted 24 February 2010 - 04:12 PM

I've been browsing this site for a few years dreaming of being in the position to buy one of these setups. Well that day came a few weeks ago the wife (boss) gave me clearance, so here i am!! I've followed up on all the current leads from ebay, craigslist, used fwc, and wander the west (as of 2/24/10), and no go. So i'm posting a plea...

We're ready to buy and will travel, the only stipulation is it's a clean, non smok'd in unit. We aren't looking for a no frills unit or a mod'd shell would be preferred, (we do have a budget). Please list all mods and send pics

Thanks in advance for all the help, Joe

again,
Truck= 2003 Toyota Tundra (access cab)= Eagle, Finch or Hawk Models

Gardiner, Montana (north entrance of Yellowstone)
jarlarch@yahoo.com
406-223-7075

#2 Freelheeler

Freelheeler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • LocationGardiner, MT

Posted 08 March 2010 - 03:27 PM

Update... Still looking / waiting

I may start another post regarding other pop up camper manufactors, information based not a bash

#3 Mark W. Ingalls

Mark W. Ingalls

• Members
  • 1,248 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 08 March 2010 - 05:38 PM

As when telemarking... patience will serve you well.

#4 Skeeter

Skeeter

• Members
  • 187 posts
  • LocationWA and AZ

Posted 08 March 2010 - 05:43 PM

Welcome and here is a craigslist search engine that can help.My link I used it almost daily and found a camper within months. I was just up in your neck of the woods a few weeks ago, very beautiful place. -Joel
"Can you skin grizz pilgrim?" -Bear Claw - 03' Tacoma, 97' Ranger II

#5 Freelheeler

Freelheeler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • LocationGardiner, MT

Posted 08 March 2010 - 08:20 PM

yeah and it probably builds character too... Spring ski trips are on my mind and one of these campers would be so sweet.

Skeeter i would have loved to check out your setup, I should mention if anyone is traveling thru the area (Yellowstone) and is willing to let a stranger look in their rig i'd love to check out other setups. In trade i can point you to some cool camping spots (non-rv and NPS CG). As you can imagine FWC and ATC campers are far and few between in these parts.

In years past i've followed a few rigs with FWC thru the park in hopes of taking a look! To all those i scared i'm sorry! To all other FWC and ATC owners... you've been warned!

I'm also thinking of starting a website to allow toyota tundra owners to commiserate over looking for used FWC camper...

#6 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,316 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 08 March 2010 - 08:36 PM

Welcome, good to have another on board who likes to surrender to the fall line! Best of luck with your search. As with everything, patience pays off.

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#7 BLM

BLM

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • LocationBend, Oregon

Posted 13 March 2010 - 05:42 PM

Update... Still looking / waiting

I may start another post regarding other pop up camper manufactors, information based not a bash

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/rvs/1633192536.html

#8 Steve

Steve

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 05:08 PM

I am just writing a listing for a '98 Grandby. I'll give the full listing today. I have had it in a 2000 Silverado PU. What is the wheelwell distance and the tailgate opening on your truck?

Unit is clean, never smoked in. Has an icebox and no builtin heater. I used it in NoCal prior to moving to Seattle area.

I'm in Kenmore, WA. Will list for $6000.

I'll have pictures with the listing but sounds like you know what they look like. Drop me a line if you're interested.

#9 Freelheeler

Freelheeler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • LocationGardiner, MT

Posted 16 March 2010 - 11:28 PM

the tundra is 58 wide at the rails, if i remember the grandby is an 8ft unit?

#10 Freelheeler

Freelheeler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • LocationGardiner, MT

Posted 29 March 2010 - 09:36 PM

new owner... thanks for all the help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users