I have seen the posts where people have added those shock things to the outside of there campers that help lift the roof. They look like they are attached to the roof and the body of the camper.
What I need is help locating the correct ones. I want one that is made to be outside in the elements and strong enough that it does most the lifting for when my wife needs it. So it needs to be able to lift what 50, 75, 100 lbs?
Help me out here. I plan on attaching one to the front and one on the rear of the camper.
Below are links to a few other WTW Topics related to roof-lift-assist shocks/struts and other approaches to roof-lift-assist. Please send me (MarkBC) a message if you know of other (non-Alaskan) roof-lifting threads that could be added to this list.
- New roof lifting struts installed on 2009 Hawk (dorocks, Jun-2011)
- Help needed with roof struts! (DonC, May-2012)
- Problem with lift assist gas struts and wind (DirtyDog, Mar-2012)
- Roof Lifter Shocks Redux (dsrtrat, Jan-2012)
- Question for Stan on Lift Assist (Sam, Jan-2010)
- Can the lift system lift 150 pounds? (KLSRDS, Jul-2011)
- Another Roof Lifting Mechanism (Mark W. Ingalls, Apr-2011)
- Roof Lifting Device and Interior Mods (dsrtrat, Jan-2008)
- Roof lift gas struts (buckland, Aug-2014)