12 replies to this topic

#11 Silvertip47

Silvertip47

The Chair Bandit

• Members
  • 478 posts
  • LocationBoise, Idaho

Posted 19 March 2010 - 01:53 PM

I drove my new F150 straight from the dealer to Les Schwab and got rid of those squirrely little car tires!!! I now have Toyo M/T 295/70/17 E's. I was also concerned about the stock wheels so I upgraded to forged aluminum.

Yes the Caddy ride is gone. But I also have a 2" lift that added a rear leaf and airbags. The ride is not harsh but very firm. I like it!!!

One word of caution about mail order tires. Some of these companies are not very efficient at rotating their stock. I've heard complaints of receiving new tires but were actually several years old.
2011 F250 SCAB 6.2 gas 373 FX4 Lariat 4" Lift 35" Toyos 16.5 Warn Locked & Loaded 2007 SunLite

#12 pods8

pods8

• Members
  • 2,552 posts
  • LocationThornton, CO

Posted 20 March 2010 - 10:37 PM

One word of caution about mail order tires. Some of these companies are not very efficient at rotating their stock. I've heard complaints of receiving new tires but were actually several years old.

Another reason to have discount tire or such price match them, you can inspect the tires before they go on if you like. The manufacture date is a 4 digit number first two are the week of the year, second two are the year.

One or even two year old tires isn't a huge concern but when they start trying to throw older stuff than that at you you need to be concerned. Supposidly after 6 years tires start to degrade in a manner the eye won't detect.

2022 F350 7.3L; family trailer at the moment and some aluminum stuck together to eventually form another truck camper

#13 David_h

David_h

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 02:53 AM

Next week I'll install the tires and report back on the ride without camper and then put the camper on and make a second report.
Dave
Marin County, CA

Got the tires installed a few days after placing the order and rode around all last week on them. I noticed a stffer ride but it was totally acceptable for me. Put the camper on this weekend and have driven around a bit and it starting to feel pretty good now. I've noticed a lot of 4x4 jeeps put on load range E tires too; presumably for the extra sidewall strength when driving those rocky roads. Next trip is Death Valley on April 7-10 after Disneyland with the kids. Thinking about the Racetrack Playa amoung other places.
Dave
'06 Hawk, F150 supercrew
Marin County, CA
David H 2005 Hawk 2008 F250 SuperCab 4x4 Mill Valley, CA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users