Tiffany

TDawg

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationBend, OR

Posted 26 March 2010 - 07:57 PM

Hi everyone!
Lots of National Park action this week! The following parks were completed this week:

Grand Canyon National Park
Rocky Mountain National Park
Big Bend National Park
Arches National Park

Add your experiences to these new areas and their respective spots! Happy Friday!
Tiffany

#2 chnlisle

chnlisle

Post Master

• Members
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationThe Old Pueblo

Posted 26 March 2010 - 09:01 PM

Great Tiff. I hope Monument Valley is on the agenda soon.

Special Engel Pricing For WTW Members

Click here to see my ATC Cougar
JayAronowSales.com
(520)579-9610
jayaronow@gmail.com

#3 Dughlas Stiubhart

Dughlas Stiubhart

It's good to be Stew

• Members
  • 1,474 posts
  • LocationSE CO

Posted 27 March 2010 - 10:50 PM

Hi everyone!
Lots of National Park action this week! The following parks were completed this week:

Grand Canyon National Park
Rocky Mountain National Park
Big Bend National Park
Arches National Park

Add your experiences to these new areas and their respective spots! Happy Friday!
Tiffany

Keep them coming!!

Stew

2007 Custom All Terrain Camper Panther Shell on 2012 Toyota Tundra 4x4 in SE CO

#4 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,316 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 27 March 2010 - 11:49 PM

Great job WTW crew. So many places to explore and adventures to be had!

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#5 Tiffany

Tiffany

TDawg

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationBend, OR

Posted 29 March 2010 - 08:54 PM

We'll stick Monument Valley on the agenda! Thanks for the suggestion!

#6 Phird05

Phird05

• Members
  • 274 posts
  • LocationCrested Butte, CO

Posted 30 March 2010 - 03:20 AM

We'll stick Monument Valley on the agenda! Thanks for the suggestion!

Tiffany,

Thanks for the update pic's on the Black Canyon. I commented in the gallery, but wanted to share my appreciation here as well. The Black Canyon is only a short drive for me, and an area I frequent when I need a dose of alone time fly fishing and hiking. It's an awesome place......and close enough to get to, should anyone on the forum be there and want to throw back a beer or two. So, if anyone is in the neighborhood, drop me a note and maybe we can meet up there.

Good camping all,

Paul
2008 F-150 5.4L QC 4x4, ride rite air bags, 2009 Hallmark Milner LX

#7 Dughlas Stiubhart

Dughlas Stiubhart

It's good to be Stew

• Members
  • 1,474 posts
  • LocationSE CO

Posted 30 March 2010 - 05:18 AM

Tiffany,

Thanks for the update pic's on the Black Canyon. I commented in the gallery, but wanted to share my appreciation here as well. The Black Canyon is only a short drive for me, and an area I frequent when I need a dose of alone time fly fishing and hiking. It's an awesome place......and close enough to get to, should anyone on the forum be there and want to throw back a beer or two. So, if anyone is in the neighborhood, drop me a note and maybe we can meet up there.

Good camping all,

Paul

Yes, Tiffany is getting those NPs up one after the other. Great job!

And Paul,

I'm only a few hours east of you if I zip over on 50. Maybe we can meet on the North Rim where that nice little campground is. What a great place the Black Canyon is, eh?

Stew

#8 Phird05

Phird05

• Members
  • 274 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 03:58 AM

Yes, Tiffany is getting those NPs up one after the other. Great job!

And Paul,

I'm only a few hours east of you if I zip over on 50. Maybe we can meet on the North Rim where that nice little campground is. What a great place the Black Canyon is, eh?

Yeah, the BC is an awesome place. I am actually going to spend a few days in that area beginning the week of April 11. Right now, I am planning on doing a float one day and then hiking into the Gorge for a couple of days. I will be on the south side however. The access into the Gorge is better from that side.

#9 Dughlas Stiubhart

Dughlas Stiubhart

It's good to be Stew

• Members
  • 1,474 posts
  • LocationSE CO

Posted 02 April 2010 - 02:28 PM

Yeah, the BC is an awesome place. I am actually going to spend a few days in that area beginning the week of April 11. Right now, I am planning on doing a float one day and then hiking into the Gorge for a couple of days. I will be on the south side however. The access into the Gorge is better from that side.

Phird,

I am heading west later this month but most likely a week or two later than your trip. Do you camp down there by the river below the rim? Or do you hike into the gorge from the rim? I haven't explored the BC on foot; I've only camped on the rims while traveling east or west on 50. It is high on my list for a longer stay.

Stew

#10 Phird05

Phird05

• Members
  • 274 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 03:28 PM

Phird,

I am heading west later this month but most likely a week or two later than your trip. Do you camp down there by the river below the rim? Or do you hike into the gorge from the rim? I haven't explored the BC on foot; I've only camped on the rims while traveling east or west on 50. It is high on my list for a longer stay.

Hey Stew,

It depends on where I hike in. Sometimes I will hike in for the day if I can get an early enough start. I typically go in from the south rim however. I like to go down the Ute trail head or the Duncan trail head. Other times, I will hike up from the confluence of the North Fork of the Gunnison River and the main stem of the Gunnison River, just west of Hotchkiss. This way for me is always a day hike. If I have the time I will spend a couple of nights at the rivers edge, again going in at Ute or Duncan. The north rim trails are a bit more time consuming as they are steeper, and somewhat more technical, so for time sake, as I said, I usually use the south rim for my access.

My daughter will be visiting her mom during their school break during the week after next, 10th-18th. I will for sure be in the BC area during that time, but I haven't ruled out other options either. Maybe floating and fishing the Colorado River from Glenwood Springs to Newcastle. I just know I have a "Hall Pass" for that entire week....the camper will be on the truck....I will be hiking....I will be fly fishing....and may even throw a mountain bike ride in as well. After another 8 inches of snow yesterday and last night I have severe spring fever going on right now and am looking forward to finding warm weather and camping. :D

Paul

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users