• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 d tree's

d tree's

• Members
  • 212 posts
  • LocationSO Cal

Posted 14 April 2010 - 12:50 AM

Guys having a rough time finding a FWC or ATC that will fit my truck and be in my price range, but found a Viking in my price range anybody know anything about them good bad or ? thanks ,D

#2 simimike

simimike

• Members
  • 860 posts
  • LocationSimi Valley Ca.

Posted 14 April 2010 - 04:02 PM

Many years ago when I first decided to go with a pop-up camper I looked at Viking. I found them to be well made and well appointed. Back then I looked at other manufacturers that are now no longer making pop-ups, Such as Texsun and Sunlite. I felt Viking was the best of the lot and was surprised when they folded(pun intended).

As with any camper, hard side or soft side, check for water stains that would indicate a leak. Since Vikings are no longer being manufactured take a hard look at the canvas. Look for ware at the four corners ,top and bottom and at the crease marks where it folds up. A replacement canvas may be hard to find.

Hope this helps.

Mike

#3 d tree's

d tree's

• Members
  • 212 posts
  • LocationSO Cal

Posted 15 April 2010 - 04:25 AM

Many years ago when I first decided to go with a pop-up camper I looked at Viking. I found them to be well made and well appointed. Back then I looked at other manufacturers that are now no longer making pop-ups, Such as Texsun and Sunlite. I felt Viking was the best of the lot and was surprised when they folded(pun intended).

As with any camper, hard side or soft side, check for water stains that would indicate a leak. Since Vikings are no longer being manufactured take a hard look at the canvas. Look for ware at the four corners ,top and bottom and at the crease marks where it folds up. A replacement canvas may be hard to find.

Hope this helps.

Mike

Thanks Mike good stuff to think about esp the canvas replacement , got stood up tonight no call hopefully he didn't sell it on me ,D

#4 Mark W. Ingalls

Mark W. Ingalls

• Members
  • 1,248 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 15 April 2010 - 04:23 PM

http://www.vikingrv.com/

#5 d tree's

d tree's

• Members
  • 212 posts
  • LocationSO Cal

Posted 15 April 2010 - 04:30 PM

http://www.vikingrv.com/

Mark I didnt see any camper section ? only travel and folding trailers am I missing it ? ,D

#6 d tree's

d tree's

• Members
  • 212 posts
  • LocationSO Cal

Posted 15 April 2010 - 04:43 PM

Mark I didnt see any camper section ? only travel and folding trailers am I missing it ? ,D

Help with fit, guy who has camper says it still for sale its a good ways away for me , he says lower part of camper between wheel wells is 38" wide well my truck between wheel wells is 49" guys will it sit on top of wheel wells ? or is this made for a more narrow truck thanks for the help ,Derek

Couple of pics
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#7 Mark W. Ingalls

Mark W. Ingalls

• Members
  • 1,248 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 15 April 2010 - 05:48 PM

Still in business, not making tc's. Might have parts. Just sayin'.

#8 Argonaut20

Argonaut20

• Members
  • 432 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 02:22 PM

Get the measurement from the floor to the part that sits over the wheel wells. If it looks like you might have it sitting on the wheel wells, put something under it to lift it over the wheel well. It may need a plywood base or something taller made with plywood and lumber. The floor needs to be supported and you don't want it resting on the wheel wells or bed sides. From the pics it looks like it's in pretty good shape. Have fun.

2006 Tacoma, '66 AS Caravel,  2002 Eagle

#9 d tree's

d tree's

• Members
  • 212 posts
  • LocationSO Cal

Posted 17 April 2010 - 06:08 PM

Get the measurement from the floor to the part that sits over the wheel wells. If it looks like you might have it sitting on the wheel wells, put something under it to lift it over the wheel well. It may need a plywood base or something taller made with plywood and lumber. The floor needs to be supported and you don't want it resting on the wheel wells or bed sides. From the pics it looks like it's in pretty good shape. Have fun.

Well if the guy would say come get it , it would make my day <_< , first for me on CL usually its gone before I smell the coffee this guy has just been hard to arrange a time ,D

Posted Image

Im ready removed my shell and aux fuel tank and found the dimensions online.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users