5 replies to this topic

#1 backcountry

backcountry

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationBig Sky Country

Posted 01 May 2010 - 04:45 PM

I am looking for a bench seat folding bed mechanism from a newer four wheel camper. I know some folks have removed these to make more room.

I'm restoring an old International Scout Four Wheel pop up camper and would like to update my camper to the modern bench/bed setup that Four Wheel campers is using today.

I am specifically looking for the steel mechanism that allows the backrest to be folded over into a bed, but will consider purchasing the mechanism and the cushions. Doesn't matter what model as I will need to adjust the length of the cushions to fit my camper. See the below photo for reference.

thanks in advance!

Joel

image016.jpg
1976 International Scout Terra Diesel 4X4 Four Wheel Camper Scout Model - Built 1982 Contained Unit Turned Into a More Versatile Slide In Camper

#2 DLN

DLN

• Members
  • 1,111 posts
  • LocationGrass Valley Area, CA

Posted 02 May 2010 - 02:26 PM

Joel, call Chicali at FWC for if you can't find it used, they are very willing to help. Nice work so far and keep the pics coming.
DLN Ex- 2006 Eagle - 2002 Tacoma TRD - Ride Rite Air Bags Current - 2004 17' Casita SD

#3 Mark W. Ingalls

Mark W. Ingalls

• Members
  • 1,248 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 02 May 2010 - 02:47 PM

Anybody with your apparent skills can build a better couch|bed than the fip-over design. You will have more room in the bed position and more comfort in couch position.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 backcountry

backcountry

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationBig Sky Country

Posted 02 May 2010 - 03:51 PM

Anybody with your apparent skills can build a better couch|bed than the fip-over design. You will have more room in the bed position and more comfort in couch position.

Posted Image
Posted Image

I've been admiring your handywork, Mark. I have even thought about taking a stab at some of those....

I am, however, a little more intimidated by those mechanisms than butting plywood and laying linoleum ;-)
1976 International Scout Terra Diesel 4X4 Four Wheel Camper Scout Model - Built 1982 Contained Unit Turned Into a More Versatile Slide In Camper

#5 rich

rich

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 04:03 AM

I would also be interested in a set of these if two sets showed up but it looks like there's no luck so far. The brackets are $150 new from FWC. I've been thinking about it but haven't made a decision yet. I hate the back of the bench that just flops around in my old fleet but I have to go try out the new bracket bench and see how it feels. A lot of guys on here have complained about the angle of the backrest on it.
Rich 2007 Toyota Tundra Limited with 1989 FWC/ATC Fleet Hybrid fully refurbished

#6 jcfly

jcfly

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 03:56 PM

I've been thinking of doing this as well. My Hawk has the 3 slats that go across the gap to use as a bed. Anyone know how much of a job it is to convert this to the factory fold-over bed?
Jim 2009 Chevy 2500 HD / 2004 FWC Hawk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users