36 replies to this topic

#21 Nimbl Vehicles

Nimbl Vehicles

Gandalf the Grey

• Members
  • 413 posts
  • LocationColfax, CA

Posted 04 May 2010 - 05:10 PM

Very interesting. I don't think you dr are on the same page here :)
So you have the exterior shell, then some kind of closed cell insulation, then an interior shell? Or what?

It’s basically a sandwich composite construction.
Build just like a high end boat with no seams = no leaks

See rear corners of camper

Posted Image

#22 Nimbl Vehicles

Nimbl Vehicles

Gandalf the Grey

• Members
  • 413 posts
  • LocationColfax, CA

Posted 04 May 2010 - 05:47 PM

Camper in the UP position

Posted Image

Posted Image

And yet again having too much fun finding secluded spots in the West :lol:

Posted Image

#23 pods8

pods8

• Members
  • 2,555 posts
  • LocationThornton, CO

Posted 04 May 2010 - 07:55 PM

Thanks

The bed is Queen size and it doesn't need to slide out.

How wide is the camper at the bed? Assuming you are sleeping perpendicular to the camper some thought towards accommodating parallel sleeping wouldn't be bad for the taller campers so they're not touching the sides with head/feet, I know I like it better that way in my FWC since I build a longer bed extension. If you're already parallel, great! :D

Thanks for the shower clarification.

2022 F350 7.3L; family trailer at the moment and some aluminum stuck together to eventually form another truck camper

#24 Nimbl Vehicles

Nimbl Vehicles

Gandalf the Grey

• Members
  • 413 posts
  • LocationColfax, CA

Posted 04 May 2010 - 10:00 PM

How wide is the camper at the bed? Assuming you are sleeping perpendicular to the camper some thought towards accommodating parallel sleeping wouldn't be bad for the taller campers so they're not touching the sides with head/feet, I know I like it better that way in my FWC since I build a longer bed extension. If you're already parallel, great! :D

Thanks for the shower clarification.

Bed size is 60"x80"

#25 davinski

davinski

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 06:40 AM

Marc: Nice camper. would love to see it in person. If I were retiring and traveling full time or such, I could see me getting one of these.

One question, have never seen pics with anything on top. Do you recommend carrying kayaks or canoes up top? extra storage? Some photos of the storage areas would be nice just to get a feel of size.

Thanks

Dave in Seattle

#26 Nimbl Vehicles

Nimbl Vehicles

Gandalf the Grey

• Members
  • 413 posts
  • LocationColfax, CA

Posted 05 May 2010 - 09:23 PM

Marc: Nice camper. would love to see it in person. If I were retiring and traveling full time or such, I could see me getting one of these.

One question, have never seen pics with anything on top. Do you recommend carrying kayaks or canoes up top? extra storage? Some photos of the storage areas would be nice just to get a feel of size.

Thanks

Dave in Seattle

Hey Dave
I never carried anything on top since I don't own any kayaks. Also was never in need of any additional storage.
But sure; it can absolutely be done.
Keep in mind that you might cover up some of the solar panels and won't get 100% usage.

How does it lift??

A HYDRAULIC system.

The hydraulic jacks are made out of Aluminum and weigh 8 lbs each. All jacks are set up in series and work like a charm via a remote control.
They also can be field stripped pretty easily and repaired if necessary.
All units come with an extra set of gaskets and other necessary parts in case of failure.The roof can lift and hold over a 1000 lbs.

After struggling with lifting the manual pop top loaded with snow a or ice a few times I decided that I needed a lifting system capable of not only getting it up and down with a load; I also wanted to make it easy to use.
There are also no annoying turn buckles to deal with when opening the top; specially when they are frozen.
Just push the button; up she goes.

#27 DirtyDog

DirtyDog

Captain Leisure

• Site Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • LocationEugene, Oregon

Posted 06 May 2010 - 02:47 AM

There's a lot to like about your camper Marc - nice work! I really like the idea of being able to stow gear on the roof and being able to lift it. While the price certainly isn't cheap, it's a lot less than I expected for a basic model. Intriguing indeed!

#28 Nimbl Vehicles

Nimbl Vehicles

Gandalf the Grey

• Members
  • 413 posts
  • LocationColfax, CA

Posted 06 May 2010 - 04:05 AM

There's a lot to like about your camper Marc - nice work! I really like the idea of being able to stow gear on the roof and being able to lift it. While the price certainly isn't cheap, it's a lot less than I expected for a basic model. Intriguing indeed!

Thanks

You know the saying

You get what you pay for

No staples in this camper; but you do get all stainless steel screws and fasteners for longer camping expieriences and less maintanance down time.

There is also no caulking to deal with.. Life is simple.. Go Explore

#29 davinski

davinski

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 08:02 AM

"There is also no caulking to deal with.. Life is simple.. Go Explore "

almost sounds like a slogan....

Do like the idea and thanks for the info. Cool!

Dave

#30 Ted

Ted

Magellan

• Site Team
  • 2,781 posts
  • LocationEast of Sacramento

Posted 06 May 2010 - 02:43 PM

There's a lot to like about your camper Marc - nice work!

I agree. I see you are in SF and I read somewhere that you manufacture in Marysville. I'm located inbetween so hope I'll see one of your campers in person one of these days. Many of us end up showing our campers to others while on the road. This would be a change - I'll be the one asking for a tour. :)

"Not all who wander are lost. Except Ted, he's usually lost."  Dirty Dog

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users