#1 SLOJET

SLOJET

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • LocationSan Luis Obispo, CA

Posted 09 May 2010 - 10:06 PM

Hey been browsing the forum here for the past year or so soaking up all the good info, and decided a while back on a FWC Hawk to put on my Dodge diesel short bed.

Problem is...I'm going on 8 months now of daily searching(multiple times a day) of searching the craigslist search engines, the forums, and the used FWC site and nothing. I miss them all literally by hours and I'm getting a little frustrated. So I'm tossing out a hail mary here and seeing if anyone is looking to sell. Longshot but what the heck, I'm getting desperate! I'm amazed at the used market for these things...never seen anything like it.

Thanks guys....

I'm on the central coast of CA.
2001 Hawk on a 2009 4WD Dodge 2500 Diesel.

#2 Benicia

Benicia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 12:08 AM

Hey been browsing the forum here for the past year or so soaking up all the good info, and decided a while back on a FWC Hawk to put on my Dodge diesel short bed.

Problem is...I'm going on 8 months now of daily searching(multiple times a day) of searching the craigslist search engines, the forums, and the used FWC site and nothing. I miss them all literally by hours and I'm getting a little frustrated. So I'm tossing out a hail mary here and seeing if anyone is looking to sell. Longshot but what the heck, I'm getting desperate! I'm amazed at the used market for these things...never seen anything like it.

Thanks guys....

I'm on the central coast of CA.

Here is a thought: I have a nearly new Fleet model FWC that fits 6' to 6.5' beds. It is basically a Hawk designed to fit several short beds. Tom @ FWC has one on his Tundra 6.5 bed and mine is on a Tacoma 6'2" bed. I am four hours north of SLO.

#3 SLOJET

SLOJET

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 01:57 AM

Here is a thought: I have a nearly new Fleet model FWC that fits 6' to 6.5' beds. It is basically a Hawk designed to fit several short beds. Tom @ FWC has one on his Tundra 6.5 bed and mine is on a Tacoma 6'2" bed. I am four hours north of SLO.

I'll send you a PM.

#4 SLOJET

SLOJET

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 03:00 PM

Upped my craigslist searching to nearly hourly for two weeks and finally nailed one!
2001 Hawk sitting in the driveway... :D
Posted Image

#5 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,335 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 19 May 2010 - 04:13 PM

Congrats on the find and purchase! It can become a mission can't it? Relax and enjoy it now! Best wishes for happy travels.

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#6 Sprucelee

Sprucelee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 06:25 PM

Looks like a really nice setup!! Enjoy!

#7 SLOJET

SLOJET

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 06:36 PM

Congrats on the find and purchase! It can become a mission can't it? Relax and enjoy it now! Best wishes for happy travels.

Looks like a really nice setup!! Enjoy!

Thanks! A mission is an understatement, full time job/obsession is what it seems to take unless you just luck out. I've got it all opened up taking stock of everything right now and I'm impressed with the space, I really expected it to be smaller. Unfortunately this one has no heater or fridge, but being picky was no longer an option.... Still stoked though! :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users