#11 Walldiver

Walldiver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:25 PM

Stan,

Are you saying that if you order a new Hawk with the large 3.0L fridge, it already comes with a fan in it for better cooling?

Kilroy,
Yes that is what Stan is saying, I have a 2010 Hawk that has the fan. It does help, I have forgot to turn it on during a hot day and noticed the difference. I also run 2 ref fans inside, I place them on the bottom of the ref in each corner blowing up thru the cooling vanes which also helps. Just wish they would push more air then they do. You also have to make sure that you don't place objects above them on the racks to block the flow of air, I am constantly jumping on my Wife's back about doing that. In regards to the freezer in the 3 Way, mine has no problem keeping anything frozen solid.

#12 Roger

Roger

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:56 AM

I added two computer fans to my Ranger a while ago and they are still both working fine after several thousand miles.

I can keep the fridge cold even in very warm weather. I also added an exhaust vent to the top of the stack...

I posted a write up here:

http://www.wanderthe...hp?/topic/4980/

#13 Walldiver

Walldiver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:40 AM

After reading this post, I realized that I also needed to try to improve my frig performance in hot conditions. Did research on the web and I came up with these mods. Finished this weekend and here are the pics.

1st picture is 2 80mm fans installed on .090 alum brackets.
2nd picture is 1 80 mm fan installed on a .090 alum L bracket below the upper 2 fans between the 2 other fans.

IMG_0016.jpg IMG_0018.jpg

#14 Walldiver

Walldiver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:17 AM

Here are 2 more pictures of my frig mod.

1st is where I fabed layers of Reflectix to fill the 2 3/4" open dead space above the frig to elimnate the heat being trapped.

2nd is where I fabed a pad that is attached to the inside of the outside wall of the Frig compartment that extends the entire length and from the bottom edge of the upper vent to the top edge of lower vent.

IMG_0020.jpg IMG_0022.jpg

#15 Walldiver

Walldiver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:24 AM

This is the last picture of my mod.

This is the .032 alum baffle installed at the upper edge of the lower vent. The bottom edge of the Reflectix pad that I installed on the wall is attached to it.

Now I will have to wait a few months for the weather to heat up to see how much of a improvement it makes. I will report back then on the results.

IMG_0025.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users