2 replies to this topic

#1 Mr.Hiesey

Mr.Hiesey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Locationupstate New York

Posted 23 May 2010 - 09:12 PM

We recently purchased a Hawk, and today we are disinfecting the water tanks and making sure we know how everything works. Oddly, the seemingly simple shower hose is what is giving us problems. Although we connected our outside shower hose easily, to our chagrin, we can't get it unhooked. Can anyone give us any tips? We have tried everything we can think of--pushing, pulling, twisting, etc. We've also looked online for directions, but can't find anything.

It is a quick release hose that just snapped into place. It seems like we should push the end in, and turn it, to release it, but this doesn't seem to be working. We'd very much appreciate some help figuring this out!

#2 Mr.Hiesey

Mr.Hiesey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Locationupstate New York

Posted 23 May 2010 - 09:36 PM

We recently purchased a Hawk, and today we are disinfecting the water tanks and making sure we know how everything works. Oddly, the seemingly simple shower hose is what is giving us problems. Although we connected our outside shower hose easily, to our chagrin, we can't get it unhooked. Can anyone give us any tips? We have tried everything we can think of--pushing, pulling, twisting, etc. We've also looked online for directions, but can't find anything.

It is a quick release hose that just snapped into place. It seems like we should push the end in, and turn it, to release it, but this doesn't seem to be working. We'd very much appreciate some help figuring this out!

Just reposting to say we finally figured it out.

Apparently, the key to removing the shower hose is humbling yourself and asking for advice! Within a few minutes of posting my question, I figured out how to remove it. Prior to that, we had spent an hour or so trying to get it removed.

If anyone else ever has the problem, the key is to push the silver base toward the camper, and the hose will instantly be freed : )

#3 syvjeff

syvjeff

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationSanta Ynez, CA

Posted 24 May 2010 - 02:29 AM

Just reposting to say we finally figured it out.

Apparently, the key to removing the shower hose is humbling yourself and asking for advice! Within a few minutes of posting my question, I figured out how to remove it. Prior to that, we had spent an hour or so trying to get it removed.

If anyone else ever has the problem, the key is to push the silver base toward the camper, and the hose will instantly be freed : )

Thank you for the update. Luckily most of us that visit these boards don't fly commercial jet airliners for a living. Honesty is the best policy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users