#31 GSBFree

GSBFree

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 26 May 2010 - 04:39 AM

I've gotta get there! Looks like a great trip. Thanks for sharing.
'15 Tundra Double Cab
'08 Hawk

#32 Ted

Ted

Magellan

• Site Team
  • 2,781 posts
  • LocationEast of Sacramento

Posted 26 May 2010 - 02:53 PM

Good stuff. We're disappointed we couldn't join you guys but will be covering some of the same ground soon. Your TR is already changing our plans a little, especially the lunch stop - gotta see this Burr Trail Grill for myself.

The photo of the three campers at Temple of the Sun and Moon is classic. Shots like that are why we do what we do. Thanks for the report.

"Not all who wander are lost. Except Ted, he's usually lost."  Dirty Dog

#33 DirtyDog

DirtyDog

Captain Leisure

• Site Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • LocationEugene, Oregon

Posted 26 May 2010 - 04:41 PM

Nice report and photos. Aaron, was Diego in 4HI or 4LOW when scouting the Stream crossing for U. :D

Diego wanted to be in 4 lo but like his dad was having trouble engaging it :D

#34 Barko1

Barko1

• Members
  • 1,635 posts
  • LocationSouthern Appalachians

Posted 26 May 2010 - 04:51 PM

Burr Trail Cafe is tasty! When we stayed at Cedar Mesa only one other camper showed up, in a FWC of course.
Granby on an F250 in S. NM

#35 Greatbasinguide

Greatbasinguide

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationCentral Coast California

Posted 26 May 2010 - 05:23 PM

First a quick note, I just registered, so this is my first post, that explains never having seen my "handle" before. In his photos of Death Valley, that is my silver Jeep he took pictures of;

Regarding "Stew". "Good job one-upping Stew. Where hasn't that guy been??" I have known Stew for close to 30 years, scary there.

He has done "homeless" right, nothing to hold him down, A life spent wandering.
"There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in wild places, or boats:)."

#36 Bajaxplorer

Bajaxplorer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationMesa, AZ

Posted 27 May 2010 - 07:58 PM

Great report on the San Rafael Swell area. Appreciate the info, wife and I are going there 12 June for a week. It will be our first trip to the area and you have given us a few things to look for.
Michael

I'm lost, but I'm making good time. Beer is good food. Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. Beer is the reason I get up every afternoon. Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy. Beer is water that has reached it's full potential.

#37 griz

griz

• Members
  • 233 posts
  • LocationCampbell River, B.C.

Posted 28 May 2010 - 05:21 PM

Very nice. Looked like I was watching a National Geograpic show. Very impressive.
If there is room, that area needs to be added to the bucket list. Again very nice. And thanks.
"Quando omni flunkus moritati"

#38 CSG

CSG

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationSouth Central Idaho

Posted 30 May 2010 - 03:13 PM

Picked up your link from ExPo. Great report and great photos. I've lived in Twin Falls since 1994 and have never been to Jarbidge! I've got to spend a little more time in my own backyard.

Heading to Southern Utah soon with my 10 and 12 year old in tow. They've wandered most of the west but there and Arizona. Hopefully it won't be too hot. Not taking our Cruiser but two-wheel drive camping van (Pleasureway Traverse) so we'll be somewhat limited in what we do but the scenery is still spectacular no matter which way you go.

2002 Lexus LX470

2002 Pleasure-Way Traverse camping van

2001 GMC 2500HD 4x4 EC/LB

#39 BillM

BillM

• Members
  • 293 posts
  • LocationReno

Posted 04 June 2010 - 06:14 PM

Wow, great trip and pics. We tried to drive into Cathedral from the south last fall but got stopped by a thunderstorm at the bentonite hills, talk about slick! We were lucky to be able to retrace our tracks and get out. Your report inspires me to get back out there and try again. Thanks!

Billm

2008 Frontier with a 2010 Eagle shell

#40 DirtyDog

DirtyDog

Captain Leisure

• Site Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • LocationEugene, Oregon

Posted 07 April 2011 - 05:46 AM

Spring is here! Bump for a great Spring trip.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users