• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#31 Stan@FourWheel

Stan@FourWheel

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationWoodland, CA

Posted 03 June 2010 - 09:38 PM

here are a few pictures of people out "wheelin" their four wheel pop-up campers ...

Attached Thumbnails

• 1.jpg
  • 2.jpg
  • 4.jpg
  • 5.jpg

Stan Kennedy --- Four Wheel Pop-up Campers
1400 Churchill Downs Avenue, Suite A

Woodland, CA 95776
(800) 242-1442 or (530) 666-1442
www.fourwh.com  ---  e-mail = stan@fourwh.com

#32 davidshourd

davidshourd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationPortland Oregon

Posted 04 June 2010 - 12:19 AM

go to youtube and type in "Four wheel camper elephant hill" I think I put 3 or 4 videos from last year climbing up elephant hill with the camper on. Some endero motorcycle guys at the bottom decided not go up, there yet a big, heavy, wide, hard sided camper. but to each there own, I think there are so many brands and models out there, you just need to figure out what you are into. Good luck and keep us posted.

2008 FWC Eagle, 3 way fridge, heat, custom cabinet top/side hatch, solar charge system. all that sitting on an 07' Nissan Frontier, lifted, locked and ready.

#33 c.traveler2

c.traveler2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationMoreno Valley,CA.

Posted 16 June 2010 - 05:18 AM

Greetings everyone, this is my first posting on this site and while browsing I spotted this topic. Hardsides and the WRT make for a very interesting expedition. Having done this in June of 2008 hauling my Lance815 on a F250 LB 4x4 and heading back this coming Sept 2010.
Green River side
Posted Image
Click on pic for video
Posted Image
The most interesting and challenging was Pucker Pass in Long Canyon ear Dead Horse Point State Park.
Click on pic for video
Posted Image
Click on pic for video
Posted Image
Click on pic for video
Posted Image
White Rim Trail was the most challenging place I've done.

#34 DirtyDog

DirtyDog

Captain Leisure

• Site Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • LocationEugene, Oregon

Posted 22 June 2010 - 10:31 PM

Those are some great vids c.traveler. I wouldnt want to take that big camper on those roads but good on you for a successful run :)

#35 B. Eagle

B. Eagle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 07:44 PM

I thought I would provide some feedback on the coyote RV folks as I too am conducting my own due diligence on companies with my wife and I looking for a camper. I understand that the dominant feedback is coming from the FWC and ATC owners and for all I know this site is for FWC/ATC campers only. While I know there is likely a natural bias, I would put little stock in those 5th grade opinions that say something to the order of "I've heard some things......... not so good......." etc, etc. There are benefits to custom builds and their are drawbacks. The same goes for factory builds as in the case with FWC.

I have yet to order a camper (2 yrs running of "planning"). That said, my experience with Coyote/Phoenix thus far has been nothing short of outstanding. It is true that they are a boutique family owned business. As a small business owner myself, I can relate and I do not see this as a problem but potentially as a real benefit to their customers. I have harrassed them no less than 20 times in the past year with random "what if" questions and they have been gracious every single time. I've visited their facility twice, checked out their frames and how they weld them (Bomber welds), the material that they use from the countertops to the bedding. Trust me I've looked at everything.

Robby also took the time to create and send me a blueprint with all the intricacies that I was looking for. Want to pick our your own material for the cushions and bed? Fine. Want to put in LED's in the ceiling? No problem. Need some extra girth to handle a 3 foot overnight dump of snow at Jackson Hole? We can do that. They even designed the camper for me that would allow a full queen bed over my cab with no slide outs needed and even built room for a months worth of clothes under the bed. Pretty cool. I hope you get my point.

Like I said, there are benefits and drawbacks to either custom or factor builds. Phoenix allow you to dream up your camper, and they'll build it for you. FWC makes a bomber camper each and every time with zero customization other than the components. It's what matters most to you. I just think that as you do your homework to not rule out the folks at Phoenix. I am strongly leaning their way.

Thanks,

Brian

#36 pvstoy

pvstoy

• Members
  • 2,760 posts
  • LocationCarson City, NV

Posted 29 June 2010 - 10:26 PM

The days of buying a car and having any choice of color as long as it is black is the way of the past. There is such variety out there to suit everybody unique taste. You are heading in the right path for you and with all the research time will settle on your choice for the moment.

Brian Thanks for sharing a different view, but why wait 2 years…get one and get out there and start enjoyingPosted Image . Life is too short!

Patrick

2015 FWC Hawk Flatbed

#37 Tomas Tierra

Tomas Tierra

• Members
  • 1,071 posts
  • LocationHollywood Beach, Alta California

Posted 01 July 2010 - 01:19 AM

Passed through this little area the other day and thought of this thread..not sure a full size/hard sider would have made it..

Attached Thumbnails

• 37small.jpg
  • WTW topa topa \'10 038small.jpg

Was, 1988 Toyota custom cab 4by with 1984 fwc Fleet
Then,1995 Toyota T-100 4by with 1984 fwc Fleet
Then,1993 Toyota T-100 longbed 4by with 2002 fwc Ranger
Then, 2002 Toyota Tundra AC 4by with 2002 fwc Ranger
NOW, 2005 TOYOTA TUNDRA DOUBLE CAB 4x4 WITH 2001 FWC HAWK EXT

#38 brianjwilson

brianjwilson

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • LocationPortland Oregon

Posted 11 July 2010 - 08:57 PM

Well I'm glad to see there have been a couple of posts in here still! ;)

Thanks B Eagle for your thoughts on Coyote RV.

Unfortunately nothing has really changed right now. I ended up getting a new car for my wife a couple of weeks ago so I guess that puts things back a bit again. I still don't believe I'll be in the market as long as I'm living here, I will probably wait until I can get work that will allow us to get back to Oregon/Washington. Hopefully sooner than later! My job here keeps me on such a short leash that I would likely never get to use it anyway, ugh.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users