• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 Wilbur

Wilbur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 09:40 PM

I too prefer to have one cooler that is all packed with ice and then transfer it to my food and beer coolers as needed. I find the ice lasts really well that way.

Just a thing to point out that the article of the 3 way test stated that they used the same amount of ice which put the Coleman (as the biggest cooler) at a disadvantage. Is that enough to offset the better performance of the Engel? Prolly not but the Coleman does not appear to be as bad either. Now this is nothing about their hinges or handles which I too find weak. I just don't have $300 for a cooler! :blink:

#22 Skeeter

Skeeter

• Members
  • 187 posts
  • LocationWA and AZ

Posted 17 August 2010 - 11:41 PM

Had my Yeti out this weekend for a pool party. It was 110 and I the ice was completely melted within 30 hours. Only had about the bottom covered with cubes and the water was pretty cold till about 24 hours. The suds were nice and cold. It was in the sun for about 4 or 5 hours. Not bad considering how hot it was.
"Can you skin grizz pilgrim?" -Bear Claw - 03' Tacoma, 97' Ranger II

#23 griz

griz

• Members
  • 233 posts
  • LocationCampbell River, B.C.

Posted 27 August 2010 - 05:45 AM

At a 110 I would not be worried about the ice in my Yeti. I be looking for a walk in cooler. Man thats hot. The water in the pool must have bubbling.

The coleman extreme has a good name up this way as well.
"Quando omni flunkus moritati"

#24 Skeeter

Skeeter

• Members
  • 187 posts
  • LocationWA and AZ

Posted 27 August 2010 - 01:37 PM

At a 110 I would not be worried about the ice in my Yeti. I be looking for a walk in cooler. Man thats hot. The water in the pool must have bubbling.

The coleman extreme has a good name up this way as well.

Hahahaha! I agree Griz, if I was stuck at home all the time.....I think I would melt. I love the Sonoran very much, but this is the last time Im here in the summer. I will be a full time snow bird next spring. Just been to busy to find the summer home that is within a two hour drive of a major airport so I can commute to work. Know of any good places in your neck of the woods? -skeeter
"Can you skin grizz pilgrim?" -Bear Claw - 03' Tacoma, 97' Ranger II

#25 Barko1

Barko1

• Members
  • 1,635 posts
  • LocationSouthern Appalachians

Posted 27 August 2010 - 04:40 PM

I just bought a Coleman Extreme, 70 can capacity, all of $40 delivered from Walmart. Will test it next week on my month long Newfoundland trip :P
Granby on an F250 in S. NM

#26 Barko1

Barko1

• Members
  • 1,635 posts
  • LocationSouthern Appalachians

Posted 27 August 2010 - 04:43 PM

Just been to busy to find the summer home that is within a two hour drive of a major airport so I can commute to work. Know of any good places in your neck of the woods? -skeeter

What's a major airport :D Cloudcroft NM is less than 2 hours for the El Paso airport at at 8800' is has very nice summers.
Granby on an F250 in S. NM

#27 griz

griz

• Members
  • 233 posts
  • LocationCampbell River, B.C.

Posted 28 August 2010 - 04:02 AM

skeeter, know of lots of places. for one campbell river. a lot of cal. are here in the summer enjoying the wx. and head back home in the winter. that is the rite thing to do.
fish here in the summer and golf there in the winter. best thing about the walk in cooler is we use it for fish. ha ha
cheers

and yes, i hunt griz pilgrim...........................
"Quando omni flunkus moritati"

#28 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,320 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 28 August 2010 - 04:41 PM

griz, love the signature!

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#29 MakersTeleMark

MakersTeleMark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 10:11 PM

FYI, Coleman's are on sale at Cabelas right now.

#30 Overland Hadley

Overland Hadley

• Members
  • 1,365 posts
  • LocationLake Superior North

Posted 12 September 2010 - 02:59 PM

Just scanned through this thread and saw no mention of Galaxy Coolers. They used to be called Icee Kool.

I have one of the Icee Kools, and it is amazing. Top of the line, so it is not cheap, but a good option.

galaxycoolers.com/
Nathanael - Large Format Landscape Photography
www.KuenzliPhotography.com

2012 Four Wheel Camper - The FWC Build
"If life was fair, Utah would be closer to home" DD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users