#1 Fitwon

Fitwon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationCentral Oregon

Posted 13 July 2010 - 02:45 AM

Just got the good news from Oregon's DMV website. My Outfitter Caribou 8' does not meet the definition of a "camper" as the floor to ceiling height is less than 5'5" while it is in the travel position! MY outside floor to top distance is only 5'1" so I am no where near it------------------------------------------------------------------

Is this a great country or what?????? No license tax!! No registration tax!!! No state fees!!! No Plates!!! Are ya feeling the love?? My state of Oregon must love me!!!!!:D

Folks, I am going to take the few hundred dollars I saved for taxes, registration and fees and set it aside for my Yukon trip!!!

Attached Thumbnails

• Outfitter Caribou 8 in Colorado Mountains 020.JPG

2009 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 1500 4x4 2009 River Hawk 190XL, Evinrude E-Tech 115 2007 Outfitter Caribou 8 Yukon Next

#2 BSS

BSS

• Members
  • 432 posts
  • LocationState of Jefferson

Posted 13 July 2010 - 03:22 AM

yeah baby. B)

#3 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,255 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 13 July 2010 - 03:29 AM

Are ya feeling the love?? My state of Oregon must love me!!!!!:D

Yup! :D

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#4 Dughlas Stiubhart

Dughlas Stiubhart

It's good to be Stew

• Members
  • 1,474 posts
  • LocationSE CO

Posted 14 July 2010 - 01:39 AM

You will also save BIG bucks when you take your new rig to Alaska on the ferry!

Stew

2007 Custom All Terrain Camper Panther Shell on 2012 Toyota Tundra 4x4 in SE CO

#5 Barko1

Barko1

• Members
  • 1,635 posts
  • LocationSouthern Appalachians

Posted 14 July 2010 - 02:30 AM

I never thought about states hitting them up :angry: They haven't discovered that source of revenue in NM.
Granby on an F250 in S. NM

#6 Fitwon

Fitwon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationCentral Oregon

Posted 14 July 2010 - 02:57 AM

I never thought about states hitting them up :angry: They haven't discovered that source of revenue in NM.

hush--keep it on the down low--NM may be watching:o

I did pay my dog tax.049.JPG
2009 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 1500 4x4 2009 River Hawk 190XL, Evinrude E-Tech 115 2007 Outfitter Caribou 8 Yukon Next

#7 Fitwon

Fitwon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationCentral Oregon

Posted 14 July 2010 - 03:06 AM

You will also save BIG bucks when you take your new rig to Alaska on the ferry!

Tell me more Stew! I am planning a trip next summer to The Yukon then to Alaska for some Sockeye action and was considering ferrying back. I am heading to Watson Lake to trace my Dad's work on the Alaska-Canadian Hwy and "wet a line" along the way.

Outfitter Caribou 8 in Colorado Mountains 020.JPG

What will it cost Anchorage to Bellingham, Wa on the Ferry with my Ram and Outfitter on my way home? any idea?

:o

#8 Alex

Alex

• Members
  • 241 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area

Posted 14 July 2010 - 04:36 AM

What tax are you guys are referring to? You still need a plate for the truck right?

#9 Fitwon

Fitwon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationCentral Oregon

Posted 14 July 2010 - 05:30 AM

What tax are you guys are referring to? You still need a plate for the truck right?

In Oregon "Campers" are required to be licenced and titled by the State. However, FWC and Outfitters or any soft sided "camper" generally does not meet the definition of "Camper" by DMV (If floor to ceiling is less than 5'5" when in the closed/travel position it is not a "Camper").

So some soft sided pop ups (Like Outfitter Apex) are "Campers" and most are not (like Outfitter Caribou; FWC, Phoenix, Lite-Craft, Hallmark). All regular hard sided campers must be licenced and titled but not my rig.

Truck plates and title--yes--Outfitter Camper--no plates or title in Oregon. We are also a no sales tax state, so we pay no tax when we purchase a camper or car. However we pay up to 10% in income tax.

Life is better with low taxes and low fees. :rolleyes:Outfitter Caribou 8 in Colorado Mountains 004.JPG

#10 Alex

Alex

• Members
  • 241 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area

Posted 14 July 2010 - 05:33 AM

In Oregon "Campers" are required to be licenced and titled by the State. However, FWC and Outfitters or any soft sided "camper" generally does not meet the definition of "Camper" by DMV (If floor to ceiling is less than 5'5" when in the closed/travel position it is not a "Camper").

So some soft sided pop ups (Like Outfitter Apex) are "Campers" and most are not (like Outfitter Caribou; FWC, Phoenix, Lite-Craft, Hallmark). All regular hard sided campers must be licenced and titled but not my rig.

Truck plates and title--yes--Outfitter Camper--no plates or title in Oregon. We are also a no sales tax state, so we pay no tax when we purchase a camper or car. However we pay up to 10% in income tax.

Life is better with low taxes and low fees. :rolleyes:Outfitter Caribou 8 in Colorado Mountains 004.JPG

I see, camper tax and title.... :rolleyes: . Ya, no title/tax = more travel fund for you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users