45 replies to this topic

#21 Cort

Cort

Captain Moderation

• Members
  • 422 posts
  • LocationNear Arcata, CA/Northern CA

Posted 12 August 2010 - 03:20 PM

I wanted to reiterate what several others have said....

I do believe that the XP Camper is a "game changer". The camper is absolutely amazing. I have spent quite a bit of times around composites (gliders)both flying them and a bit of time fixing them and I was impressed with what I saw on the XP. After talking to Marc, with some rewording from DD, you can get into one of these campers for a reasonable price.

I am really jealous Marc and can't wait to see some pics of how the build progresses. No doubt with Gandalf involved you two are going to have a great time and come out with a quality build.

Cheers,

Cort

#22 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,332 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 20 August 2010 - 05:37 PM

Wow Marc, I just caught this thread and am exited for you! Looking forward to lots of pics and a full report when you take delivery. I hope it leads you through many grand adventures!

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#23 sdmarkus

sdmarkus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationCentral Oregon

Posted 01 September 2010 - 10:06 PM

Oh my, well I guess the secret is out ;)

Looking forward to watching your progress Marc!

#24 Overland Hadley

Overland Hadley

• Members
  • 1,365 posts
  • LocationLake Superior North

Posted 07 September 2010 - 01:44 AM

Any updates, e.g. photos?
Nathanael - Large Format Landscape Photography
www.KuenzliPhotography.com

2012 Four Wheel Camper - The FWC Build
"If life was fair, Utah would be closer to home" DD

#25 Nimbl Vehicles

Nimbl Vehicles

Gandalf the Grey

• Members
  • 413 posts
  • LocationColfax, CA

Posted 09 October 2010 - 10:23 PM

Marc was kind enough to let me use his shell to make some interior mold modifications!!
Thanks Marc :)

I changed out the tank size (from 80 Gallons to now "only" 75); increased the gray water tank to 27 gallons and ended up with even more storage than before.

The rear seat section is now 1 piece; before it was 2; there fore made it even lighter.
The whole rear seat section weighs less than 30lbs!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

#26 Ted

Ted

Magellan

• Site Team
  • 2,781 posts
  • LocationEast of Sacramento

Posted 10 October 2010 - 04:04 PM

Marc,
It is interesting to see the manufacturing process. Good moves on the disign changes you have made. Just curious, why is only one side seat in the rear seating mold? Is the drivers side part of the cabinet?

"Not all who wander are lost. Except Ted, he's usually lost."  Dirty Dog

#27 simimike

simimike

• Members
  • 860 posts
  • LocationSimi Valley Ca.

Posted 10 October 2010 - 04:12 PM

Ted, Ted, Ted, My dear friend. The reason why there is one seat is simple. That seat is for the husband. The wife doesn't need a seat. She'll be standing at the stove cooking for the husband. What ever you do DON'T let let my wife see this post!

mike

#28 Ted

Ted

Magellan

• Site Team
  • 2,781 posts
  • LocationEast of Sacramento

Posted 10 October 2010 - 04:20 PM

Mike, Mike, Mike. While your posts do amuse me, you just made a fatal flaw. You warned people not to let your wife see this post. You might as well have asked DD to hand deliver it in print to her. You are doomed my friend.

"Not all who wander are lost. Except Ted, he's usually lost."  Dirty Dog

#29 Nimbl Vehicles

Nimbl Vehicles

Gandalf the Grey

• Members
  • 413 posts
  • LocationColfax, CA

Posted 10 October 2010 - 04:26 PM

Ted, Ted, Ted, My dear friend. The reason why there is one seat is simple. That seat is for the husband. The wife doesn't need a seat. She'll be standing at the stove cooking for the husband. What ever you do DON'T let let my wife see this post!

mike

Too funny.......... :lol:

The other seat is part of the Galley mold.
There are 3 molds for the inside; so when assembling the camper they fit together like "Lego".
It's a pretty fast assembly; and always comes out the same. No margin for error.

Also; the inside construction is made with UV cured resin; the advantage is that there is basically no left over resin to fill the landfill.

#30 Accrete

Accrete

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • LocationExploring the western, USA

Posted 11 October 2010 - 01:02 AM

marc i also wanted to send my congrats on your project!
I hope we can meet up at an XPC rally sometime.

Fortunately for myself...my wife was sold on the XPCamper the first time i showed it to her : ) I daily play the devil's advocate and try to talk her out of it. So far her angelic self is winning.

Happy Trails,
Thom

Blogging from the WET! Coast of Oregon USA
2010 Chevy Express AWD Light Overland Vehicle
"You don't have to understand here, to be here." Charlie Crews

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users