58 replies to this topic

#11 SunMan

SunMan

King Taco

• Members
  • 2,362 posts
  • LocationOxnard, CA.

Posted 10 August 2010 - 07:09 PM

Next we headed into San Jose del Cabo and then on to Cabo San Lucas, I showed the co-pilot lands end and she was happy and excited to have finally made it to the tip. We loaded up on ice in Cabo and headed north towards the Todos Santos area to get out of the mayem that is CSL.

For those of us who still use ice chests you learn to sniff these places out in any town you enter:

Posted Image

Playa San Pedrito

Posted Image
Posted Image

And then back to "Rabbit Point" to get skunked again:

Laundry day (enough of those sweaty sheets from the East Cape!):
Posted Image

You can tell supplies must be getting low, but it wouldn't be a trip to Baja though without a bacon wrapped hot dog!

Posted Image

Sunman
2003 Four Wheel Camper -Hawk

2023 All Terrain Camper - Panther 
2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4WD
2017 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4WD

#12 sdmarkus

sdmarkus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationCentral Oregon

Posted 10 August 2010 - 07:53 PM

Looks like an incredible trip SunMan, thanks for sharing.

I used to enjoy frequent trips down to Puntas Cabras, but that's about as far south as I have been and not since they began having some issues down there years back.:(

How do you feel about traveling in Mexico these days?

#13 SunMan

SunMan

King Taco

• Members
  • 2,362 posts
  • LocationOxnard, CA.

Posted 10 August 2010 - 08:02 PM

Silvertip,
No issues with the dog ever. I do have vaccination paperwork but have never been asked to see them.

SDMarkus, thanks. I have no qualms about travelling in Mexico, i have made 3 trips and spent over 35 days in Mexico in the past nine months with nothing but good times and zero hassels.

Sunman

#14 SunMan

SunMan

King Taco

• Members
  • 2,362 posts
  • LocationOxnard, CA.

Posted 10 August 2010 - 08:22 PM

With the surf forcast fading it was time to head back over to the Cortez side and the last big area the co-pilot has not seen on Mex-1. We made a side trip into Loreto and cruised the Malecon and grabbed some supplies. I'm not sure if we even saw one single tourista while were were there, i asked a shopkeeper about it and she said it has been pretty bad there tourist wise lately. We left and headed north stopping at El Requeson for lunch and a swim. El Requeson Posted Image Posted Image One of the many beaches along the highway, there are just too many sweet little hideaways to stop at them all. 'Zat a pop up I see down there? Posted Image Our destination for the night was Playa Santispac and a nice dinner at Ana's Posted Image The co-pilot out for a snorkle Posted Image I had my own priorities: Posted Image Turns out the cook at Ana's went to Mulege for the night so we went to Playa Burro for dinner at Bertha's (had to crank a little Dead on the way there Posted Image ) Ceviche and camarones al la diabla...que bueno! Posted Image

Sunman

#15 SunMan

SunMan

King Taco

• Members
  • 2,362 posts
  • LocationOxnard, CA.

Posted 10 August 2010 - 08:30 PM

We popped into Mulege the next day...the damage from Hurricane Jimena last year is still evident. I stopped in an RV Park near Serenidad to fill up my water tank and they were still digging out, it's been 11 months. Off to Punta Abreojos for a long shot on the still fading swell...no dice but we did catch this great sunset...Posted Image Posted Image If you are going to make the drive down the peninsula you better be ready to pass hundreds of these guys on either side of the road...there is no margin for error. Posted Image
Posted Image Don't ask (sneaky co-pilot secretly revels in my pain!): Posted Image

Sunman

#16 SunMan

SunMan

King Taco

• Members
  • 2,362 posts
  • LocationOxnard, CA.

Posted 10 August 2010 - 09:00 PM

We left Abreojos with no real plan but to keep heading north. San Pedro Martir and/or Bahia de Los Angeles were options. After consultation with my navigator it was clear that warm water and white sand beaches would trump the mountains and pine trees on this trip. Bahia de Los Angeles it is then... Our first view of the Bay of L.A. Posted Image Posted Image We swam for awhile and weighed our options, i reckoned since the co-pilot had spent the last 14 nights in the camper she had earned a real shower and a bed for the last night. We found this little joint and called it good. Kayak rentals and other recreational gear were included in the rate. Overpriced? Yes, but we didn't care. Posted Image Posted Image Gunner found a local buddy to play with so he was stoked, here we have one happy dog! Posted Image Posted Image We logged some quality time in these babies: Posted Image And if one photo can sum up our trip I think this one pretty much says it all: Posted Image Thanks for riding along with us!

Sunman

#17 chnlisle

chnlisle

Post Master

• Members
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationThe Old Pueblo

Posted 10 August 2010 - 09:06 PM

This should be titled "Why We Love Sunny." I hope Ana had some of her wonderful fresh bread for you guys. Great stuff! Thank you.

Special Engel Pricing For WTW Members

Click here to see my ATC Cougar
JayAronowSales.com
(520)579-9610
jayaronow@gmail.com

#18 Ted

Ted

Magellan

• Site Team
  • 2,781 posts
  • LocationEast of Sacramento

Posted 10 August 2010 - 09:14 PM

I have been looking forward to this TR since you said you were doing a two week trip to Baja. Your report did not disappoint. Just one thing - you can't put in a photo of a bandaged finger and then say "Don't Ask". At least we know DD didn't do it to you. :D

"Not all who wander are lost. Except Ted, he's usually lost."  Dirty Dog

#19 RJones

RJones

• Members
  • 237 posts
  • LocationMtns of Colorado

Posted 10 August 2010 - 09:26 PM

Great report and pictures! You have to spill the beans on the finger.
RJones

02 Eagle - 07 Tacoma TRD

#20 Cort

Cort

Captain Moderation

• Members
  • 422 posts
  • LocationNear Arcata, CA/Northern CA

Posted 10 August 2010 - 09:57 PM

Awesome trip report...makes me want to head down to Baja. I have not been down there since I was 18 years old. Baja came up several times while a few of us were out in the Warners. Seems like several of us have been wanting to go down there but have been a bit concerned about the safety factor. I am glad to hear that you have had to problems. Its always good to travel in Baja with those that are familiar with it.

Cheers on an awesome trip,

Cort

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users