Photo
- - - - -

On a 5 week trip and the 3-way fridge quit working!

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#11 leadsled9

leadsled9

• Members
  • 935 posts
  • LocationLivermore, CA

Posted 09 August 2011 - 04:37 PM

Needed more than field cleaning, got a new igniter and things work again!

My igniter went out about 1 week after I got the camper. This made it a two man operation to light my refrigerator.

Well....I have had absolutely horrible luck with those manual sparker systems. Every one I've ever had has flailed. So instead of just replacing the factory igniter I did the relighter mod. Now to light the refrigerator all I have to do is turn the relighter on then go inside and hold down the red button until it lights. Works great.

2010 Ford F250 4X4; 6.4 Powerstroke Diesel; Warn 16.5 winch; Airlift Springs; Transfer Flow 47 gal. fuel tank, BDS 4" lift kit, BDS dual steering stabilizer with upgraded Fox 2.0 shocks, Toyo 35X12.50X18 Open Country M/T tires, Pro Comp wheels;  2008 FWC Hawk Camper;  2000 Toyota Tundra.

#12 Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

• Members
  • 2,761 posts
  • LocationNE Calif/NW Nev

Posted 09 August 2011 - 08:47 PM

My igniter went out about 1 week after I got the camper. This made it a two man operation to light my refrigerator.

Well....I have had absolutely horrible luck with those manual sparker systems. Every one I've ever had has flailed. So instead of just replacing the factory igniter I did the relighter mod. Now to light the refrigerator all I have to do is turn the relighter on then go inside and hold down the red button until it lights. Works great.

Learn something everyday! I'll put it in the file to do when it happens again-as it will. And your right about it being a two man job and my dog couldn't hold the button long enough for me to light it-so a was a new sparker or pay my border collie more!
Smokecreek1:99F1504x4with05Granby

#13 leadsled9

leadsled9

• Members
  • 935 posts
  • LocationLivermore, CA

Posted 09 August 2011 - 09:27 PM

Learn something everyday! I'll put it in the file to do when it happens again-as it will. And your right about it being a two man job and my dog couldn't hold the button long enough for me to light it-so a was a new sparker or pay my border collie more!

With the relighter mod you never have to worry about the wind blowing out the flame (either from storms or driving down the freeway). Then you won't have to pay the dog more either!

2010 Ford F250 4X4; 6.4 Powerstroke Diesel; Warn 16.5 winch; Airlift Springs; Transfer Flow 47 gal. fuel tank, BDS 4" lift kit, BDS dual steering stabilizer with upgraded Fox 2.0 shocks, Toyo 35X12.50X18 Open Country M/T tires, Pro Comp wheels;  2008 FWC Hawk Camper;  2000 Toyota Tundra.

#14 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,014 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 10 August 2011 - 02:35 AM

I'm also a member of the procrastinators club. Set up camp. Turn on propane. Hmmm, quarter tank, wasn't I going to refill that before leaving? Good thing a little goes a long ways.

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

#15 Barko1

Barko1

• Members
  • 1,635 posts
  • LocationSouthern Appalachians

Posted 10 August 2011 - 03:07 AM

-so a was a new sparker or pay my border collie more!

I won't be having that problem as my Border Collie is named Sparkie!
Posted Image
Granby on an F250 in S. NM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users