• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 banderswipe

banderswipe

• Members
  • 174 posts
  • LocationOntario Canada

Posted 10 September 2010 - 01:07 AM

Hi all, is there a forum etiquette section on wander the west. For some of us Noobs this is our first forum especially us older geezers and it would be nice to know there is somewhere to look for the do's and dont's before we plant both feet firmly in our mouths.
Thanks,
Kevin.(aka, banderswipe.)
Keep your eyes on the road and your hands upon the wheel and always have some body help you load or unload your camper.

#2 Argonaut20

Argonaut20

• Members
  • 432 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 03:46 AM

Don't know of a etiquette section here, but it works to keep religion and politics out of the posts. Folks that are quick to criticize others get wearisome, too. This forum seems to consist of helpful folks who share an interest in camping in out of the way places and writing it up. Guess that is the 'etiquette'.

2006 Tacoma, '66 AS Caravel,  2002 Eagle

#3 DirtyDog

DirtyDog

Captain Leisure

• Site Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • LocationEugene, Oregon

Posted 10 September 2010 - 04:43 AM

These are the the not so official guidelines:

1. No politics
2. Be polite and respectful
3. Pretend like the conversation you are in is at the dinner table with your family and behave accordingly

I just made that up but I think it covers it :)

#4 banderswipe

banderswipe

• Members
  • 174 posts
  • LocationOntario Canada

Posted 10 September 2010 - 02:06 PM

Thanks guys, I agree entirely with your comments. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.I guess there is no etiquette section except for the one that DD just made up.I have a specific question, whats the etiquette when using Links to other camper forums?

Thanks,
Kevin.
Keep your eyes on the road and your hands upon the wheel and always have some body help you load or unload your camper.

#5 pods8

pods8

• Members
  • 2,552 posts
  • LocationThornton, CO

Posted 10 September 2010 - 02:36 PM

About the only things that miff me a tad and all I do is point it out when it happens is when someone asks a question w/o obviously looking at the forum first (ie ask the same question that was just asked a week before and if they took a half second they'd see it) because I think its insulting in that it projects their time is more valuable than the rest of ours. Or when someone again posts w/o even bothering to read the forum for a half second like the dude who posted his camper for sale in the FWC forum right under neath DD's pinned thread "Please Post Campers For Sale In Gear Forum.", again that just comes off as insulting.

Outside that its pretty laid back in my mind. ;)

2022 F350 7.3L; family trailer at the moment and some aluminum stuck together to eventually form another truck camper

#6 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,321 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 10 September 2010 - 02:57 PM

Pretend like the conversation you are in is at the dinner table with your family and behave accordingly

Well said and good quick thinking on your feet DD!

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#7 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,014 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 10 September 2010 - 03:34 PM

I can't believe you forgot the number one rule. Its rude to post trip reports without pics. And yes, I've been guilty of that myself. I promise to rectify that in the future.

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

#8 DirtyDog

DirtyDog

Captain Leisure

• Site Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • LocationEugene, Oregon

Posted 10 September 2010 - 04:57 PM

Thanks guys, I agree entirely with your comments. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.I guess there is no etiquette section except for the one that DD just made up.I have a specific question, whats the etiquette when using Links to other camper forums?

Thanks,
Kevin.

I don't think we have ever had a problem with posting links to other sites.

#9 MarkBC

MarkBC

The Weatherman

• Site Team
  • 6,600 posts
  • LocationBend, Oregon

Posted 10 September 2010 - 06:10 PM

3. Pretend like the conversation you are in is at the dinner table with your family and behave accordingly

Well...I think that depends on the family. :blink: I find it easier to bite my tongue with my friends than with my family. ;)
But I get the point. :)

FWC Hawk (2005) on a Ford F250 Supercab, 6.8L V10 gas (2000)

#10 banderswipe

banderswipe

• Members
  • 174 posts
  • LocationOntario Canada

Posted 10 September 2010 - 10:30 PM

Thanks DD I think you answered my question but I am not sure wether Pods8 is mad at me or someone else.
Cheers guys may confusion rise when all else fails.
Kevin.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users