• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#1 Barko1

Barko1

• Members
  • 1,635 posts
  • LocationSouthern Appalachians

Posted 08 October 2010 - 01:41 AM

If I head down there I'll probably bring along a dual sport bike for the back roads. Cottonwood is a pleasant (NO GENERATOR) campground and there are back country sites as well.
Many roads, rough country http://www.nps.gov/b...it/bc_roads.htm
I think guy is on the forum
Posted Image
Granby on an F250 in S. NM

#2 simimike

simimike

• Members
  • 860 posts
  • LocationSimi Valley Ca.

Posted 10 October 2010 - 02:49 PM

Big Bend is on my list. Keep me posted on when and where. No generators? It's not camping without a generator(let the rants begin).

mike

#3 Mark W. Ingalls

Mark W. Ingalls

• Members
  • 1,248 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 10 October 2010 - 06:24 PM

When?!?

I *really* wanna go, but need to schedule.

#4 Barko1

Barko1

• Members
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 06:43 PM

When?!?

I *really* wanna go, but need to schedule.

Pretty much anytime after the holiday campers are gone and into February. That time of year staying by the river should be the warmer option. I figure I'll spend 4 - 5 days, some exploring via motorcycle, maybe a day hiking in the Chiso's, and just hanging out

#5 mtn-high

mtn-high

Campground Host- FUNKYTOWN

• Members
  • 954 posts
  • LocationHoward, CO

Posted 11 October 2010 - 12:30 PM

You'd better check the rules, barko. I don't think Rallies are allowed anywhere but Cali-O-gon these days. Posted Image

Too far from the Pliney brewery!

Don't want these boys to run out of booze with that new earthquake prediction looming for Cali! My guess is that the combined shake effect of these cats without substantial al-kee-hol in their systems could awaken the San Andreas!Posted Image

Attached Thumbnails

• SuperStock_1557R-64031.jpg

Wherever ya go...there ya are.

#6 Mark W. Ingalls

Mark W. Ingalls

• Members
  • 1,248 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 11 October 2010 - 02:09 PM

Pretty much anytime after the holiday campers are gone and into February. That time of year staying by the river should be the warmer option. I figure I'll spend 4 - 5 days, some exploring via motorcycle, maybe a day hiking in the Chiso's, and just hanging out

Let's agree to synchronize calendars as the days approach.

#7 marc

marc

Fire Proof

• Members
  • 1,121 posts
  • LocationSouth Shores California

Posted 11 October 2010 - 10:20 PM

You'd better check the rules, barko. I don't think Rallies are allowed anywhere but Cali-O-gon these days. Posted Image

Too far from the Pliney brewery!

Don't want these boys to run out of booze with that new earthquake prediction looming for Cali! My guess is that the combined shake effect of these cats without substantial al-kee-hol in their systems could awaken the San Andreas!Posted Image

Easy Cowboy. :)

2016 Sprinter Silver Gray 144 Std. Roof 4x4. 3.0 diesle, Cooper "Dicoverer" ST Maxx 255/85/16

#8 Barko1

Barko1

• Members
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 11:14 PM

:o

Let's agree to synchronize calendars as the days approach.

Sounds good although today I visited my local friendly neurosurgeon and he said I need urgent surgery, I guess I'm special as he said my disc on the MRI was among the worst 20 he has seen, out of 3200 :lol: :( :o He thought I'd be in a wheelchair and he winced when I told him I was out on the dirt bike a couple times this week. The MRI shows about 95% of the canal is squished good. If I do go under the knife the last time they said wait 3 months for high impact activities so I still might be late January. I better reserve some of that booze :D

#9 Mark W. Ingalls

Mark W. Ingalls

• Members
  • 1,248 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 11 October 2010 - 11:18 PM

:o

Sounds good although today I visited my local friendly neurosurgeon and he said I need urgent surgery, I guess I'm special as he said my disc on the MRI was among the worst 20 he has seen, out of 3200 :lol: :( :o He thought I'd be in a wheelchair and he winced when I told him I was out on the dirt bike a couple times this week. The MRI shows about 95% of the canal is squished good. If I do go under the knife the last time they said wait 3 months for high impact activities so I still might be late January. I better reserve some of that booze :D

Don't mess w/ this: get surgery. Maybe 'outgrow' falling off dirtbikes?

#10 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,316 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 11 October 2010 - 11:19 PM

Wow, Barko, that is not the kind of news you want to hear. Best of luck with your decision and hope all goes well for you. Please keep us posted.

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users