55 replies to this topic

#51 Cort

Cort

Captain Moderation

• Members
  • 422 posts
  • LocationNear Arcata, CA/Northern CA

Posted 18 November 2010 - 03:59 AM

Ever go higher than 35psi with the MV50? Is that your standard highway/pavement pressure? My tires are at about 60psi. Posted Image

I regularly go from 15 to 50 in the rears and from 15 or a bit lower to 40 in the fronts

#52 Mark W. Ingalls

Mark W. Ingalls

• Members
  • 1,248 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 18 November 2010 - 07:25 AM

I regularly go from 15 to 50 in the rears and from 15 or a bit lower to 40 in the fronts

That pump fully inflates my 'E' rated tires to 80 psi in the summer in South Texas (so far).

#53 MarkBC

MarkBC

The Weatherman

• Site Team
  • 6,599 posts
  • LocationBend, Oregon

Posted 18 November 2010 - 01:53 PM

That pump fully inflates my 'E' rated tires to 80 psi in the summer in South Texas (so far).

Good to know, thanks. Nearly all the reviews (user and other) talk about how fast it inflates to 35 or 40psi, but I really want to run [my Goodyear Wrangler LT265/75R16 E-range] a lot harder than that on pavement, for gas-mileage reasons.

FWC Hawk (2005) on a Ford F250 Supercab, 6.8L V10 gas (2000)

#54 ntsqd

ntsqd

Custom User Title

• Members
  • 2,881 posts
  • LocationNorth So.CA

Posted 18 November 2010 - 05:58 PM

I have had one of my MV's fail. Under the cover that the switch resides in there is a std 'sugar cube' relay. The connections are soft soldered in place rather than using terminals. One of those popped loose. I wired around the relay to be able to continue re-charging the pneumatic spud cannon and then re-soldered it once home.

Search TOS as there is an over the top thread on "hot rodding" these compressors. Even if you do none of the mods in the thread it is an informative read.
Thom

Where does that road go?

#55 Mark W. Ingalls

Mark W. Ingalls

• Members
  • 1,248 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 18 November 2010 - 06:05 PM

I have had one of my MV's fail. Under the cover that the switch resides in there is a std 'sugar cube' relay. The connections are soft soldered in place rather than using terminals. One of those popped loose. I wired around the relay to be able to continue re-charging the pneumatic spud cannon and then re-soldered it once home.

Search TOS as there is an over the top thread on "hot rodding" these compressors. Even if you do none of the mods in the thread it is an informative read.

Que es "TOS"?

#56 ntsqd

ntsqd

Custom User Title

• Members
  • 2,881 posts
  • LocationNorth So.CA

Posted 19 November 2010 - 06:55 PM

Sorry, "That Other Site", i.e. Expo
Thom

Where does that road go?

0 user(s) are reading this topic