• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 CLynn85

CLynn85

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 04:16 AM

Just returned from my first major trip in my FWC. We created a blog for the trip at www.clcrosscountry.blogspot.com
-Carl 2007 Tacoma TRD with Eagle/RangerII?????

#2 simimike

simimike

• Members
  • 860 posts
  • LocationSimi Valley Ca.

Posted 09 June 2007 - 06:54 PM

What a great trip. Sounds like you had a great time. I've always wanted to see the worlds largest ball of twine. Thanks for the pics. It is a for sure on my list of things to see.

Cheers,

Mike

#3 erod

erod

• Members
  • 664 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 08:14 PM

sweet blog! thanks for posting, glad you had a good trip! the camper is looking really good! could you post some pics...we started interior and exterior threads. cheers!

Erod 2002 Tacoma, TRD supercharger, exhaust, headers, URD 3.4L 5VZ-FE Toyota Truck Supercharger Fuel Upgrade Kit, ARB front bumper, OME shocks and coils, OME 7 leaf packs, Ride-rite airbags. 2002 FWC Eagle

#4 erod

erod

• Members
  • 664 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 08:15 PM

sweet blog! thanks for posting, glad you had a good trip! the camper is looking really good! could you post some pics...we started interior and exterior threads in the FWC section. interested what it looks like compared to mine (found a 1993 Ranger II)...cheers!

Erod 2002 Tacoma, TRD supercharger, exhaust, headers, URD 3.4L 5VZ-FE Toyota Truck Supercharger Fuel Upgrade Kit, ARB front bumper, OME shocks and coils, OME 7 leaf packs, Ride-rite airbags. 2002 FWC Eagle

#5 CLynn85

CLynn85

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 04:30 AM

Congrats on the new ranger II, erod, hope you like it.

I saw a handful of other FWC's on my trip. I never got to meet any other owners face to face but it was cool to see them on the road. I even saw one setup on a late 80's Chevrolet Full size near Denver for $4500. I was tempted to fly back out and buy it :)

#6 erod

erod

• Members
  • 664 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 03:44 PM

thanks for the congrats...we are really happy with the new camper. looks really similar to yours with the modified wings...but yours is definately newer looking just at the pop up fabric. sounds like a similar situation too what you ran into, we just found a deal we couldn't pass up...i had a feeling all this time searching would pay off:D ! i would love to see some interior shots if you have any...i am trying to figure out what to do with the space between the counter and the slifing window...thinking about a pantry or something similar...any ideas? cheers and welcome back....we are headed out on a month long journey to maine at the end of july and starting a blog seems like a good idea to document the adventures. thanks again!

#7 CLynn85

CLynn85

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 03:48 PM

I used some nylon strapping material and self tapping screws/washers and mounted a battery charger in that little space. I wish I'd taken some pictures before I pulled it and the porta-potti out of it. I put the porta potti in the floor against the front and put 2 eye-bolts in the floor with a strap up and over it to hold it in place, worked wonderfully.

#8 erod

erod

• Members
  • 664 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 03:50 PM

thanks for the congrats...we are really happy with the new camper. looks really similar to yours with the modified wings...but yours is definately newer looking just at the pop up fabric. sounds like a similar situation too what you ran into, we just found a deal we couldn't pass up...i had a feeling all this time searching would pay off:D ! i would love to see some interior shots if you have any...i am trying to figure out what to do with the space between the counter and the slifing window...thinking about a pantry or something similar...any ideas? cheers and welcome back....we are headed out on a month long journey to maine at the end of july and starting a blog seems like a good idea to document the adventures. thanks again!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users