38 replies to this topic

#1 cvc

cvc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 08:33 PM

If you were to order another camper would you change your options list?

When I order another camper I will ask to have the rear wall reinforced so I can mount a fuel/water can on the right and a hi lift jack on the left, if it doesn't interfere with the thing that holds the door open.

I bought a hitch mounted cargo carrier to haul this stuff, but I like the look when they're mounted to the camper! Live and learn....

cvc '99 F350, PSD, SD, Regular Cab, LB, 4X4

#2 erod

erod

• Members
  • 664 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 08:46 PM

well, i bought mine used so didn't really have any say in the options but i agree 100% with getting the wall reinforced...in my opinion that should be an option from the start. i would love to mount the hilift/jerry can etc. on the back out of the way. still trying to figure that out...was thinking about a roof rack but thinking twice because of the issues with added weight when popping the camper. i am also wishing i had a double battery hook up with solar panels too...so maybe i would order that as well. oh yea, and i really like fwc's new fold out bed/couch so i'd take on of those as well!

Erod 2002 Tacoma, TRD supercharger, exhaust, headers, URD 3.4L 5VZ-FE Toyota Truck Supercharger Fuel Upgrade Kit, ARB front bumper, OME shocks and coils, OME 7 leaf packs, Ride-rite airbags. 2002 FWC Eagle

#3 DirtyDog

DirtyDog

Captain Leisure

• Site Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • LocationEugene, Oregon

Posted 09 June 2007 - 10:15 PM

I never ended up using the rear sliding window or window boot.

#4 Ted

Ted

Magellan

• Site Team
  • 2,781 posts
  • LocationEast of Sacramento

Posted 10 June 2007 - 03:21 AM

Like DD, we don't use the slider much. The only time I use it is when I am hauling long pieces of wood from Home Depot and have to run it into the truck cab. We have never had a need to pass anything from the camper to the cab. Also, the force of the wind while driving in rain tends to push water through the weather seal between the solid glass and sliding section, i.e. - wet interior.

#5 erod

erod

• Members
  • 664 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 03:53 AM

i really like the sliding window...good for listening to music in the camper and hollerin' at the dogs from the front of the truck:D !

Erod 2002 Tacoma, TRD supercharger, exhaust, headers, URD 3.4L 5VZ-FE Toyota Truck Supercharger Fuel Upgrade Kit, ARB front bumper, OME shocks and coils, OME 7 leaf packs, Ride-rite airbags. 2002 FWC Eagle

#6 CLynn85

CLynn85

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 04:20 AM

The one thing I liked about the front slider was that it still allowed a little ventilation even when it was raining.
-Carl 2007 Tacoma TRD with Eagle/RangerII?????

#7 erod

erod

• Members
  • 664 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 03:51 PM

good point about the ventilation, also can help air the camper out while driving in the rain. with 2 dags and 2 people we get a little condensation when its cold at night...leaving the slidder open help aleviate that a bit too.

#8 Kilroy

Kilroy

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 02:25 AM

Wish we had gotten the extended bed for the extra mattress room and less hassel setting up/taking down. We have more hassel than most I suppose because wife needs extra padding or her hips get sore.

Haven't decided yet if I wish we had gotten the Granby instead of the Hawk, or ATC equivilent. Will need to get more time under the roof. Need to travel lighter!

#9 chnlisle

chnlisle

Post Master

• Members
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationThe Old Pueblo

Posted 27 June 2007 - 03:01 PM

I'm with Kilroy the extended bed would be a big advantage. Like Erod mine have all been used so its pretty much live with it. The last one had a sliding front window and we never used it. Oh yeah a screen door would be great.

I dont how many of you use the cook top. We have never used it but I guess if we were in a driving monsoon it would be nice. My feeling is we could live without it. And it seems to me the furnace is a little steep and a HeatBuddy with an open window would solve the heating problem for a lot less money.

Jay

#10 erod

erod

• Members
  • 664 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 04:16 PM

we use the cook top and the heater a lot hear in MT. and they are nice! i need both for sure...used a portable buddy for ever and it did the job but the forced air heat is the way to go...for me at least!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users