38 replies to this topic

#11 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,020 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 28 June 2007 - 09:42 PM

I use my stove mostly for making coffee. I'll get the pot all ready the night before so all I have to do is light the burner. Then I can take care of my morning needs while the coffee is on. If I'm not solo then breafast is usually a big deal and I need another burner anyway.

#12 chnlisle

chnlisle

Post Master

• Members
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationThe Old Pueblo

Posted 05 July 2007 - 10:22 PM

I have a new regret. As much as I love my Hawk I'm really sorry I didn't opt for a new ATC. Ben and the guys not only produce a great product, their product knowledge and the help they've given me and others over the past year shows what kind of outfit they run. And don't even get me started on how they're going out of their way to get a new screen door assembly to me. When you come accross a company like this you just want to do business with them.

Special Engel Pricing For WTW Members

Click here to see my ATC Cougar
JayAronowSales.com
(520)579-9610
jayaronow@gmail.com

#13 Sam

Sam

• Members
  • 312 posts
  • LocationCentral California Sierra Nevadas

Posted 08 July 2007 - 05:33 AM

No regrets, but two options I have that I would never live without are; the extended bed and the front slider.

#14 camelracer

camelracer

• Members
  • 960 posts
  • LocationGoleta, Ca

Posted 09 July 2007 - 03:21 AM

I just returned from a week in Moab with 105+ temperatures and would have gone sleepless if I didn't have the front vent / fan to keep a breeze on the bed. It also helps when you're just sitting on the couch.

I didn't order the front slider because I didn't have one in the truck but it was delivered with one anyway. It has come in handy for allowing window cleaning access. It can also be used for ventilation if the bugs aren't too bad.

I haven't used the awning, rear steps or water heater / shower very often but I think they'll get a good workout on next years Baja trip.

I like the refrigerator but it wasn't able to keep up with the Moab heat during the day.
2002 Fiat 2500 CTD 4x4, FWC Grandby 1951 Willys CJ3A

#15 chnlisle

chnlisle

Post Master

• Members
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationThe Old Pueblo

Posted 09 July 2007 - 04:19 PM

CR,
Did you get a chance to get down to Bluff for a float trip to Mexican Hat? Well worth a detour and its not too far from Moab. We a were all over the area last summer. It had been 10 years since we'd been in Moab. Wow!!! Urban sprawl has taken over the town I remembered with just one paved road.

JayAronowSales.com
(520)579-9610
jayaronow@gmail.com

#16 HERR42

HERR42

• Members
  • 797 posts
  • LocationSacramento, Ca

Posted 09 July 2007 - 04:28 PM

Camelracer:
my unit has the "magic fan" ....the small fan out on the vent duct on the fridge. IT MAKES A BIG DIFFERENCE!!!! wow.
on really hot days the cooling seems to diminish....flip on the fan and BOOM! its all frosty again!
Jeff Herr WW6L '07 Hawk & '00 F250 SuperDuty CrewCab, Warn 12K, BFG AT KO 'E' rated, TransferFlow 48Gal tank

#17 chnlisle

chnlisle

Post Master

• Members
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationThe Old Pueblo

Posted 09 July 2007 - 04:53 PM

Jeff,
Does it look like that fan can be retroed? Ben told me the fridge is supposed to be 40 degrees lower than ambient. So in 100+ it aint tooooo cool. Does the fan make a huge dif? Can you take a pic of it?
Thanks.

JayAronowSales.com
(520)579-9610
jayaronow@gmail.com

#18 HERR42

HERR42

• Members
  • 797 posts
  • LocationSacramento, Ca

Posted 09 July 2007 - 05:45 PM

its inside the upper exterior grille.....tough to see without backing out all those square drive screws.....

40 below ambient? odd....i had the inside of the unit below 40...i keep a thermometer in it. in fact i have been testing it to see how it behaves as my gas runs out. i had thought that it was over with due to reduced gas pressure...but no way....it was over a 100....4th and 5th was hot....i flipped the fan on a got a good surprise.

the tank says empty but stove hot water and fridge are still good.
Jeff Herr WW6L '07 Hawk & '00 F250 SuperDuty CrewCab, Warn 12K, BFG AT KO 'E' rated, TransferFlow 48Gal tank

#19 camelracer

camelracer

• Members
  • 960 posts
  • LocationGoleta, Ca

Posted 10 July 2007 - 07:07 AM

Jay,
I went throught Bluff and Mexican Hat on the way home but didn't stop. Couldn't wait to get back to the cool Santa Barbara mornings. I plan to go back and spend more time in the area but it will be in the spring or fall. The area is beautiful and there are great Jeep trails everywhere you look.

Jeff,
I have the refrigerator vent fan and it helped a little but not enough. The first couple of days I was in a park with shore power and tried the frig on both propane and 110v. The propane seemed to work better but not enough for an icy cerveza. I could freeze water bottles in the freezer over night when it cooled off a little but during the day the frig wouldn't stay cool enough to keep the food from spoiling. Maybe the box just isn't insulated well enough.
2002 Fiat 2500 CTD 4x4, FWC Grandby 1951 Willys CJ3A

#20 HERR42

HERR42

• Members
  • 797 posts
  • LocationSacramento, Ca

Posted 10 July 2007 - 01:08 PM

try one of those little battery powered interior fans that move air around inside the unit....and over the colling fins especially.

http://www.campingwo...or/skunum=21016

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users