#61 Addie

Addie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, CO

Posted 04 May 2011 - 12:16 AM

I don't see any provision to open if from the inside when it's down, that is the part I'm trying to do. Just having over lapping doors isn't the issue.

I'll ask the lady on the next street about that tomorrow, she has a Hi-Lo sitting in her yard, and I know she said you could use areas of it in the down position, but never thought to ask if you can open the door from inside in the down..
'99 F250SD 4x4 CC SB

#62 pods8

pods8

• Members
  • 2,552 posts
  • LocationThornton, CO

Posted 04 May 2011 - 04:40 AM

I'll ask the lady on the next street about that tomorrow, she has a Hi-Lo sitting in her yard, and I know she said you could use areas of it in the down position, but never thought to ask if you can open the door from inside in the down..

If you can open it from the inside I'd love to see some pictures of the setup if so.

2022 F350 7.3L; family trailer at the moment and some aluminum stuck together to eventually form another truck camper

#63 jfb

jfb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 02:14 AM

You can access the inside of a HiLo from the outside, with the top lowered, but not from the inside, with the door locked. I will think about that, and see if there might be a practical way to do a mod to make it work, but just off the top of my head, seems it would be difficult to do. I have owned a couple of them thru the years, and still have my 1985, still looks good as new. Great camper, great wall and frame construction, very strong. I think the dual door concept would work well for a truck pop up, to eliminate the duck your head issue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users