• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 DanoT

DanoT

• Members
  • 278 posts
  • LocationSun Peaks, B.C.

Posted 23 February 2011 - 05:58 PM

This camper was built in Colorado to my specs for use in the Canadian winter. With 2" of insulation throughout and a 20k btu furnace I have already used it at ski area parking lots in Colorado, Utah, and British Columbia and been comfortable at -18 C (0 F).

More pics to follow.

Attached Thumbnails

• Video 1 00m 03s.jpg
  • Video 1 00m 32s.jpg
  • Video 2 00m 17s.jpg
  • Video 2 00m 26s.jpg

1991 Dodge CTD, owned since new. 2011 Coyote RV Phoenix pop-up camper, custom made for the Canadian winter.

#2 SunMan

SunMan

King Taco

• Members
  • 2,362 posts
  • LocationOxnard, CA.

Posted 23 February 2011 - 06:09 PM

Sweet! Congrats.

Sunman
2003 Four Wheel Camper -Hawk

2023 All Terrain Camper - Panther 
2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4WD
2017 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4WD

#3 DanoT

DanoT

• Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 06:11 PM

This camper was built in Colorado to my specs for use in the Canadian winter. With 2" of insulation throughout and a 20k btu furnace I have already used it at ski area parking lots in Colorado, Utah, and British Columbia and been comfortable at -18 C (0 F).

More pics to follow.

Robby Rowe, builder and owner of Coyote RV is shown working on my truck's plug in. Also shown are recently completed campers at the factory.

One of the really nice features of Phoenix campers is that instead of turnbuckle tie downs they use a ratcheting strap, like truck drivers use to secure loads, to tie down the camper. This system offers some flexing thru the strap and allows retightening from outside the camper without accessing the little sliding panel from inside.

Attached Thumbnails

• Video 5 00m 00s1.jpg
  • Video 5 00m 06s.jpg
  • Video 1 00m 22s.jpg

1991 Dodge CTD, owned since new. 2011 Coyote RV Phoenix pop-up camper, custom made for the Canadian winter.

#4 Dughlas Stiubhart

Dughlas Stiubhart

It's good to be Stew

• Members
  • 1,474 posts
  • LocationSE CO

Posted 23 February 2011 - 06:21 PM

Does the tent section--the pop-up section--also have 2" inches of insulation or only the hard-sided part?

Stew

2007 Custom All Terrain Camper Panther Shell on 2012 Toyota Tundra 4x4 in SE CO

#5 rotti

rotti

• Members
  • 634 posts
  • LocationMile High

Posted 23 February 2011 - 06:40 PM

Vey nice. I see these guys are right here in the hood - I will have to go up and check them out.

How do they compare price wise and weight wise with the FWC?
2012 Chevy 2500HD 4WD LTZ CCSB gas
2012 FWC Hawk

#6 DanoT

DanoT

• Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 09:39 PM

Vey nice. I see these guys are right here in the hood - I will have to go up and check them out.

How do they compare price wise and weight wise with the FWC?

I think the base price is $14,500 and mine was more due to all the custom extras which also make it heavier. The thicker overhang which has under the bed storage also adds weight but since Coyote RV build custom, you can also get thinner lighter weight overhang.

The soft wall pop up is two layers of a thinsulate knock off sandwiched between two layers of fabric, so it is four layers in all.

#7 Vic

Vic

• Members
  • 350 posts
  • Locationcamping somewhere in the Sierra Nevada range

Posted 24 February 2011 - 05:31 AM

Nice camper and nice 1st gen Dodge diesel as well. I've been following Pheonix/ Coyote and they seem to have some really inovative things on the market including a pop-up camper for a Wrangler. Hope you have a great time with the new rig.

-Vic

"I took the road less traveled.  Now I don't know where I am"

2014 Dodge Ram 3500 diesel & Hallmark Everest.  (Former Rig - 99 Ram 2500/ 2000 Sunlite Eagle pop-up)

#8 Dughlas Stiubhart

Dughlas Stiubhart

It's good to be Stew

• Members
  • 1,474 posts
  • LocationSE CO

Posted 24 February 2011 - 04:11 PM

The soft wall pop up is two layers of a thinsulate knock off sandwiched between two layers of fabric, so it is four layers in all.

Thanks for the info DanoT. The insulation sandwich in the side liner sounds like a good idea.

Do you have any interior photos? Just curious.

Stew

2007 Custom All Terrain Camper Panther Shell on 2012 Toyota Tundra 4x4 in SE CO

#9 Ted

Ted

Magellan

• Site Team
  • 2,781 posts
  • LocationEast of Sacramento

Posted 24 February 2011 - 04:32 PM

Congrats on the new camper, DanoT. I'm curious about the awning over the rear door. Does it go up with the roof when it is raised or stay at the height seen in the photo? It looks like the arm might get in the way of the door when deployed. Do you have any photos with the awning out?

"Not all who wander are lost. Except Ted, he's usually lost."  Dirty Dog

#10 DanoT

DanoT

• Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 08:17 PM

The awning does not go up with the roof and the top of the door contacts the awning when the door is opened. The main reason for the awning is to minimize water getting into the camper when entering/exiting during a heavy down pour. it should work ok for this.

Attached Thumbnails

• Video door.jpg
  • Video 1 00m 38s.jpg
  • Video 1 00m 18s.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users