King Mountain

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 captainkettel

captainkettel

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 03:46 AM

Here is a photo of my spot in the Alaska SRA campground at King Mountain. That is about 50 miles south of Palmer Alaska on the way to Glennallen. Also is a photo of Sheep Mountain along the Glennallen Highway. Nice campground and wonderful scenery!

Attached Thumbnails

• AK506.JPG
  • AK606.JPG

#2 Brian

Brian

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 01:39 PM

Cap.n,
Great pictures! Thanks for posting them. How many bear did you see on your trip?
Brian

#3 captainkettel

captainkettel

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 04:17 PM

Didn't see as many bear as usual. Could have been the time of year or the weather. Lots of thunder storms in Canada. No bear seen in Alaska this year. No griz in the Yukon either. Only a few blackies.

Attached Thumbnails

• B1.jpg
  • B2.jpg
  • B3.jpg

#4 Brian

Brian

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 03:38 AM

Nice shots Cap'n. I love bear....As I said in another post, I lived and mechaniced in Denali Park for several seasons and my duty station was out in the Park about 50 miles at the Toklat River road camp. We had griz in camp nearly daily and my two young sons got quite used to them being around. In fact my youngest, Jed, the same lad who fished out of Homer, spent the summers with me out there while his brother stayed in headquarters and helped the dog ranger, Sandy Kogl, with the dog team. Jed had some amazing bear experiences, all between the age of 7 and 10. One time he had his bike out by the main road and a sow and cub showed up between him and camp on the access road......he had to go out and ford several river braids with his bike to get back to camp. I think that growing up in Alaska made two very capable and confident lads out of them.

Brian

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users