• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#11 RJones

RJones

• Members
  • 237 posts
  • LocationMtns of Colorado

Posted 04 May 2011 - 02:35 PM

I'm on Vail.net and having no problems here.
RJones

02 Eagle - 07 Tacoma TRD

#12 DirtyDog

DirtyDog

Captain Leisure

• Site Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • LocationEugene, Oregon

Posted 04 May 2011 - 04:33 PM

Still happening here. Says it's a driver error....

must be on my end.... I have no ideas....so unless it rights itself I'll be spendin less time here cus it's a pain.

have fun. Be safe

mtn

It might be that the time of day you are trying to access the site is when the overseas hackers are doing their business. I'll let my server guy know.

#13 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,316 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 04 May 2011 - 07:09 PM

"overseas hackers"...........so DD, us run of the mill regular folks, should we be concerned about this and being members of this site?

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#14 DirtyDog

DirtyDog

Captain Leisure

• Site Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • LocationEugene, Oregon

Posted 04 May 2011 - 09:52 PM

"overseas hackers"...........so DD, us run of the mill regular folks, should we be concerned about this and being members of this site?

No its just Denial of Service stuff they aren't stealing any info. I don't know what the motivation is but they flood the server with so many requests that it grinds to a halt.

#15 mtn-high

mtn-high

Campground Host- FUNKYTOWN

• Members
  • 954 posts
  • LocationHoward, CO

Posted 05 May 2011 - 12:02 PM

www.wanderthewest.com Driver Error
There appears to be an error with the database. If you are seeing this page, it means there was a problem communicating with our database. Sometimes this error is temporary and will go away when you refresh the page. Sometimes the error will need to be fixed by an administrator before the site will become accessible again.

You can try to refresh the page by clicking here

DD.....This is the message I'm seeing when i hit "new content" Any ideas? It's really frustrating to have mto go through the posts section by section....

Wherever ya go...there ya are.

#16 DirtyDog

DirtyDog

Captain Leisure

• Site Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • LocationEugene, Oregon

Posted 05 May 2011 - 04:38 PM

www.wanderthewest.com Driver Error
There appears to be an error with the database. If you are seeing this page, it means there was a problem communicating with our database. Sometimes this error is temporary and will go away when you refresh the page. Sometimes the error will need to be fixed by an administrator before the site will become accessible again.

You can try to refresh the page by clicking here

DD.....This is the message I'm seeing when i hit "new content" Any ideas? It's really frustrating to have mto go through the posts section by section....

Its the same problem, too many server requests causes the server to run out of memory and the db crashes.

#17 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,014 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 06 May 2011 - 01:20 AM

Ever hear of group called anonymous? They're pissed at Sony. No ones done any gaming all week.

https://www.soe.com/...ecentupdates.vm

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

#18 mtn-high

mtn-high

Campground Host- FUNKYTOWN

• Members
  • 954 posts
  • LocationHoward, CO

Posted 06 May 2011 - 04:00 AM

I "fixed" it by changing the settings on new content from "view all content I haven't read" to "view content since last visit".

I don't think it has anything to do with the server being busy as I tried 5 times today @ all hours of the day and it did the same thing each time.

whatevah...
Wherever ya go...there ya are.

#19 DirtyDog

DirtyDog

Captain Leisure

• Site Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • LocationEugene, Oregon

Posted 06 May 2011 - 05:11 PM

I "fixed" it by changing the settings on new content from "view all content I haven't read" to "view content since last visit".

I don't think it has anything to do with the server being busy as I tried 5 times today @ all hours of the day and it did the same thing each time.

whatevah...

Oh sorry i missed the part about the new content. This software has turned out to not be all that great in many areas unfortunately.

#20 rich

rich

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 11:26 PM

Hey Mtn.,

I had never actually noticed the "view new content" button, so thanks for your post on here. That is going to save me a lot of time...seems like no matter how web savy I get I am still tech defficient :D
Rich 2007 Toyota Tundra Limited with 1989 FWC/ATC Fleet Hybrid fully refurbished

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users