122 replies to this topic

#1 chnlisle

chnlisle

Post Master

• Members
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationThe Old Pueblo

Posted 30 April 2011 - 04:22 PM

I've contacted the manufacturer of the Laguna Cockpit Table Base as well as Florida retailer. I'm hoping one or the other will give me a wholesale price or at the very least quantity discount. From my research my sense is the manufacturer is very slow (if at all) in answering product information questions. As soon as I get any response I'll post it here.

I'm not quite sure where this topic goes but since I'm an ATC dealer I'll put it here.

DD, please move this topic if I've got it wrong.

Special Engel Pricing For WTW Members

Click here to see my ATC Cougar
JayAronowSales.com
(520)579-9610
jayaronow@gmail.com

#2 chnlisle

chnlisle

Post Master

• Members
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationThe Old Pueblo

Posted 03 May 2011 - 05:07 PM

It turns out that in order to make more than $10 per Table Frame I'd need to import hundreds of these things and considering the $75 knock off I just don't see that happening. I'm sticking with my original design which in the long run I think will be more stable and when all is said and done will cost me less than $50.

The hinges I'm using have a positive lock open position making for less chance of movement.
cougar table_0001.jpg Cougar Leg Hinge.gif

These brackets are very stable. I've used them on sailboats and have been very satisfied.
table brackets.jpg

Special Engel Pricing For WTW Members

Click here to see my ATC Cougar
JayAronowSales.com
(520)579-9610
jayaronow@gmail.com

#3 NWCamper

NWCamper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 07:42 PM

So other than the dealers of the $300 Lagun pedestal, is there anyone out there who can vouch for the low quality of the $75 knock off? I'm a firm believer in getting what you pay for; however this items seems easy to duplicate at a much lower cost. Anyone tried the "Lagun-style" or the Springfield Marine version? Let's hear it.

#4 Overland Hadley

Overland Hadley

• Members
  • 1,365 posts
  • LocationLake Superior North

Posted 03 May 2011 - 07:55 PM

So other than the dealers of the $300 Lagun pedestal, is there anyone out there who can vouch for the low quality of the $75 knock off? I'm a firm believer in getting what you pay for; however this items seems easy to duplicate at a much lower cost. Anyone tried the "Lagun-style" or the Springfield Marine version? Let's hear it.

I was going to order the one from Ebay just to see what it was like, but "No Returns." So I will leave that to somebody else.
Nathanael - Large Format Landscape Photography
www.KuenzliPhotography.com

2012 Four Wheel Camper - The FWC Build
"If life was fair, Utah would be closer to home" DD

#5 NWCamper

NWCamper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 08:28 PM

Here is a source for both Lagun-style and Springfield pedestals:

http://www.cascadede...s/26/Categories

They have a seven day retun policy. I'm thinking about it.

#6 Kodachrome

Kodachrome

• Members
  • 369 posts
  • LocationColorado Rockies

Posted 13 May 2011 - 11:59 PM

I'll be watching this thread to see what happens.

I am a staunch believer in having as many things as possible serve more than one purpose. So I am thinking of replacing the wood table top with an aluminum one so I can replace the ratty wood on the roof rack that I stand on to photograph from, the table top would then reside on the roof until needed. In the Winter time I use the base as a deflector for the heater.

Instagram

407 HP Supercharged 2005 Tacoma / 550W Solarcharged 2009 ATC Bobcat.

#7 leadsled9

leadsled9

• Members
  • 935 posts
  • LocationLivermore, CA

Posted 14 May 2011 - 12:03 AM

I'll be watching this thread to see what happens.

I am a staunch believer in having as many things as possible serve more than one purpose. So I am thinking of replacing the wood table top with an aluminum one so I can replace the ratty wood on the roof rack that I stand on to photograph from, the table top would then reside on the roof until needed. In the Winter time I use the base as a deflector for the heater.

Do you have the couch or the dinette in your camper?

2010 Ford F250 4X4; 6.4 Powerstroke Diesel; Warn 16.5 winch; Airlift Springs; Transfer Flow 47 gal. fuel tank, BDS 4" lift kit, BDS dual steering stabilizer with upgraded Fox 2.0 shocks, Toyo 35X12.50X18 Open Country M/T tires, Pro Comp wheels;  2008 FWC Hawk Camper;  2000 Toyota Tundra.

#8 Kodachrome

Kodachrome

• Members
  • 369 posts
  • LocationColorado Rockies

Posted 14 May 2011 - 12:10 AM

Do you have the couch or the dinette in your camper?

Couch...

Instagram

407 HP Supercharged 2005 Tacoma / 550W Solarcharged 2009 ATC Bobcat.

#9 SWE

SWE

Don't Check WTW Often

• Members
  • 169 posts
  • LocationNM

Posted 17 July 2011 - 06:18 PM

Does anyone have a picture of one of these tables completed and installed? I am thinking about one in my dinette.

#10 leadsled9

leadsled9

• Members
  • 935 posts
  • LocationLivermore, CA

Posted 17 July 2011 - 06:42 PM

Does anyone have a picture of one of these tables completed and installed? I am thinking about one in my dinette.

I have one in my dinette and it is great! The best mod I've done so far besides the dinette. It allows you to get rid of the big disk and pole that is always in the way. There is so little room for feet with the dinette setup as it is.....and the pole and mounting disk take up to a third of what's there.

There was going to be a group buy....but then the price shot way up so interest fell through. There is a knock off selling much cheaper but I do not know what the quality is like.

The Lagun mount allows you move the table to where ever you want it. It allows up and down adjustment as well.

Warning......you cannot use it as it comes from the factory because it is too long (both pieces). I have a machinest friend who helped me cut the horozontal and verticle pieces so the mount would work in my Hawk. I chose to mount it completely out of the leg room area, so I had to have the mounting plate cut down as well....so the bolts would clear.

I will try to get you picutres later today.

2010 Ford F250 4X4; 6.4 Powerstroke Diesel; Warn 16.5 winch; Airlift Springs; Transfer Flow 47 gal. fuel tank, BDS 4" lift kit, BDS dual steering stabilizer with upgraded Fox 2.0 shocks, Toyo 35X12.50X18 Open Country M/T tires, Pro Comp wheels;  2008 FWC Hawk Camper;  2000 Toyota Tundra.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users