• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

#21 leadsled9

leadsled9

• Members
  • 935 posts
  • LocationLivermore, CA

Posted 18 July 2011 - 08:36 PM

Bummer about needing to cut down the size. I am thinking I will have my table swing from one side of the camper into the middle, so it might work uncut for me. But I might be needing to make friends with a machinist.

I was lucky and got one of the last Lagun mounts before the huge price increase. With that said....knowing now how nice it turned out....I'd do it again in a heartbeat, even with the price increase. The table is such an integral and central part of the entire camper functionality. With such a small space inside of these campers...the table functionality becomes a major issue IMO. The before and after functionality of the table means having a table that can be easily adjusted to exactly where you want it.....instead of having a table that is always in the way.

A few issues that the Lagun table mount cleared up for me: 1) I had my table made to larger than normal specs...but that created an issue in that I couldn't open either lid on my under-the-seat storage to it's fully open position with the table mounted as the lids hit the table edge. Now I simply swivel the table over a few inches one way or the other to get full access to the storage boxes. 2) the table leg and mounting pedestal was always in the way for my feet...and I couldn't easily put my feet up on the opposite seat cushion....easy to do now. 3) I always had to dismount the table when traveling....not any more. 4) I like the table at different heights depending on whether I'm typing on my laptop or eating....easy to adjust now. 5) I like the table in different positions depending on what I'm doing....easy to adjust now. 6) the space between the two storage boxes is used for storing large items...and it was a pain to do with the table mounting disk in the way...no problem now.

The Lagun table mount is really a quality product. The materials and the machining work was top notch. My buddy didn't want to mess up the beautiful work on the original mount.....so he cut the necessary amount out of the MIDDLE of each piece...then welded it back together....ground it all down even....and refinished it with a beautiful powder coat. When he handed the mount pieces back to me....I couldn't even tell that they had been modified except that they were the correct length (see picture #1). You might want to consider doing the modifications the same way so as not to effect the machining or the design of the original mount. He did such a beautiful job and he wouldn't even let me pay him...so I bought him some Blue Moon beer....his favorite.

You may choose to alter the lengths of the vertical and horizontal mounts or not....but if you want to mount in the same place as I did...you will have to have the mounting plate modified so the nuts/washers will have clearance. The mount plate originally fit perfect if you didn't need the clearance. The height went right to the top edge of the shelf.

I advise those of you that wish to use a similar mount to get a table made that is larger than the standard FWC table. I'm very pleased with the way the mount turned out.

2010 Ford F250 4X4; 6.4 Powerstroke Diesel; Warn 16.5 winch; Airlift Springs; Transfer Flow 47 gal. fuel tank, BDS 4" lift kit, BDS dual steering stabilizer with upgraded Fox 2.0 shocks, Toyo 35X12.50X18 Open Country M/T tires, Pro Comp wheels;  2008 FWC Hawk Camper;  2000 Toyota Tundra.

#22 Overland Hadley

Overland Hadley

• Members
  • 1,365 posts
  • LocationLake Superior North

Posted 18 July 2011 - 09:15 PM

Thanks for the review. I copied it onto my build thread, and linked to this thread.
Nathanael - Large Format Landscape Photography
www.KuenzliPhotography.com

2012 Four Wheel Camper - The FWC Build
"If life was fair, Utah would be closer to home" DD

#23 DLN

DLN

• Members
  • 1,111 posts
  • LocationGrass Valley Area, CA

Posted 18 July 2011 - 09:57 PM

Overland,

I don't have any need for the base as I don't have the FWC any more. My interest in the subject goes back to when I remodeled our Eagle couch into a dinette and solved the table problem by mounting the base on the side step, cut the pole down, and made the table a two sided drop leaf. Table would rotate either direction with leaves down and provide more isle space. See "Mini Dinette for the Eagle" way back in the FWC forum if you have any interest in the history of the dinette development. Anyway, great looking set up you've got.
DLN Ex- 2006 Eagle - 2002 Tacoma TRD - Ride Rite Air Bags Current - 2004 17' Casita SD

#24 GpnAZ

GpnAZ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 18 July 2011 - 10:10 PM

I bought the Lagun knock-off for $75 from Springfield for a dinette conversion I'm just finishing up. I wrote a thread in EP - FWC forum (Interior Pics before the Conversion) if you want to see pictures of it. I also had to modify/shorten my horizontal bracket, but was able to do it with a hole saw, peanut grinder and drill bit. I would rate the build quality as mediocre, it really isn't too bad, but definitely not top quality. Hard to compare to the high dollar Lagun when I haven't seen it in person. It was worth the $75 I paid for it and time wise was very quick to receive. My table top is pretty heavy, 40 lbs after weighing it on my bathroom scale, but the Lagun holds it decently, but I will be putting it down when I travel and especially offroad. It definitely helps for legroom and BTW my table top is 30" by 24" and made out of Corian and 1/2" particle board.

Mark
2008' Dodge Power Wagon 2000' FWC Hawk 1997' Jeep TJ www.MarkLarsonPhotography.com www.Flickr.com/photos/gpnaz

#25 leadsled9

leadsled9

• Members
  • 935 posts
  • LocationLivermore, CA

Posted 18 July 2011 - 11:56 PM

My interest in the subject goes back to when I remodeled our Eagle couch into a dinette and solved the table problem by mounting the base on the side step, cut the pole down, and made the table a two sided drop leaf. .

DLN,

That post is what got me interested in the Dinette in the first place. Thank you.

2010 Ford F250 4X4; 6.4 Powerstroke Diesel; Warn 16.5 winch; Airlift Springs; Transfer Flow 47 gal. fuel tank, BDS 4" lift kit, BDS dual steering stabilizer with upgraded Fox 2.0 shocks, Toyo 35X12.50X18 Open Country M/T tires, Pro Comp wheels;  2008 FWC Hawk Camper;  2000 Toyota Tundra.

#26 K7MDL

K7MDL

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • LocationSnohomish, WA

Posted 19 July 2011 - 12:35 AM

I have been looking at LCD TV wall mounts, but have not found the perfect one yet.

I have the stock couch in my 2006 Grandby and envision a Lagun type arrangment with the stock table top, but mounted on the front of the cabinet, just aft of thermostat so it is located under the sink, in front of the water heater tank - I do not have a cabinet door there - wide empty space.

In fully deployed position, to store it I would
1. Rotate the table top 90 degrees
2. Push the horizontal arm forward 90 degrees so that the now vertical table top is in front of my open storage space (Grandby has, Hawks do not). Could push it aft also but would block access to cabinet doors. At first look it would look like a door in front of the open storage space.

Since is is stored vertical, it is out of the way of the seating. Since most of these extend, I can swing it out, level it, and pull it out so I can reach it from the couch easily, and if needed, adjust the height.

Still lookin for the right mount off the shelf, might fabricate my own. Will have to look at the Springfield one. Used their stuff on my boats in the past.

2016 F-150 FX4 XLT SCab | Ingot Silver | 6.5' | 3.5EB | 3.55 w/rear locker | Tow | IBC | 7050# GVWR | 1945# Payload | 36Gal | BFG A/T KO2 LT275/70R18E | Timbrens

2022 FWC Hawk Silver Spur | Front Dinette | Cassette Toilet | Cooktop | Hot Water | Outside shower | CR850 fridge | 160W rooftop solar panel | 15A MPPT controller | Dual 90AH AGM batteries | Yakima Rack | 2 Maxxair fans | Furnace | Fiama side awning | Mechanical Jacks

#27 Overland Hadley

Overland Hadley

• Members
  • 1,365 posts
  • LocationLake Superior North

Posted 19 July 2011 - 01:22 AM

I have been looking at LCD TV wall mounts, but have not found the perfect one yet.

Sounds interesting, keep us posted!
Nathanael - Large Format Landscape Photography
www.KuenzliPhotography.com

2012 Four Wheel Camper - The FWC Build
"If life was fair, Utah would be closer to home" DD

#28 ersatzknarf

ersatzknarf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 02:18 PM

Thank you for posting up about your experience with the (real) Lagun table support.

This comment says a lot !

I was lucky and got one of the last Lagun mounts before the huge price increase. With that said....knowing now how nice it turned out....I'd do it again in a heartbeat, even with the price increase. <snip> I'm very pleased with the way the mount turned out.

Cheers, Frank ______________ "airsotts-narf" Save a Life, Adopt : http://www.pawsofmichigan.com/

#29 ersatzknarf

ersatzknarf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 04:54 PM

Um . . .
Just by chance, I went back to the site where they sell the (real) Lagun table support and the price is now $275 ! (http://svhotwire.com/info/?p=772)
Could someone please double check ?
Maybe my bookmark isn't working right ?
Thanks.
Cheers, Frank ______________ "airsotts-narf" Save a Life, Adopt : http://www.pawsofmichigan.com/

#30 leadsled9

leadsled9

• Members
  • 935 posts
  • LocationLivermore, CA

Posted 19 July 2011 - 06:57 PM

K7MDL,

Are you looking for an LCD TV wall mount to mount a TV or to mount your table?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users