MakersTeleMark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 07:16 PM

Upgrading to a 3-way fridge.

Dan:

Spent 29 continuous hours installing your 3-way. Ripping out the old cabinetry, building a new one, plumbing propane and wiring, cutting the vent holes and installing and sealing the vents was a real chore. Needless to say, I had to make up for the delirium by napping heartily this weekend.

Spent 4 nights in the camper up on Indy Pass and the fridge worked flawlessly, both in DC mode while driving, and on propane mode while boondocking. It got really windy at times, and the flame never blew out. Maybe my venting and duct work solved the problems you were having with it.

Anyway, just wanted to pass on the news that your old fridge has found a new life for a long time to come. I have to say that the fridge is a real game-changer compared to the original icebox. Thanks, and happy travels.

Finally, my 85w panel provided more than enough power. Even with the 800w amp crankin' the tunes, the battery was still reading over 14 volts all throughout the trip.

#92 Kodachrome

Kodachrome

• Members
  • 369 posts
  • LocationColorado Rockies

Posted 19 June 2011 - 06:05 AM

Awesome, I bet the vent and duct work would help out a ton with the flame blow out issue. Did you install the re-lighter?

Our fridge is great too. Once I figured out that our 100 watt panel was not even hooked up right, it all worked out great.

Cheers,

Dan

Upgrading to a 3-way fridge.

Dan:

Spent 29 continuous hours installing your 3-way. Ripping out the old cabinetry, building a new one, plumbing propane and wiring, cutting the vent holes and installing and sealing the vents was a real chore. Needless to say, I had to make up for the delirium by napping heartily this weekend.

Spent 4 nights in the camper up on Indy Pass and the fridge worked flawlessly, both in DC mode while driving, and on propane mode while boondocking. It got really windy at times, and the flame never blew out. Maybe my venting and duct work solved the problems you were having with it.

Anyway, just wanted to pass on the news that your old fridge has found a new life for a long time to come. I have to say that the fridge is a real game-changer compared to the original icebox. Thanks, and happy travels.

Finally, my 85w panel provided more than enough power. Even with the 800w amp crankin' the tunes, the battery was still reading over 14 volts all throughout the trip.

Instagram

407 HP Supercharged 2005 Tacoma / 550W Solarcharged 2009 ATC Bobcat.

#93 Kodachrome

Kodachrome

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 06:06 AM

So I took a bunch of pics, but since I can't post them here, I did a blog post on my Kodachrome site:

http://kodachromeproject.com/blog/

Love the fridge, new solar, so far so good!

Instagram

#94 Jeff Wanamog

Jeff Wanamog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • LocationUpland, Ca.

Posted 19 June 2011 - 05:07 PM

Dan, I swear I have never seen pictures of the back of your rig. Great minds must think a like. (fuel can)Posted Image
Jeff

So I took a bunch of pics, but since I can't post them here, I did a blog post on my Kodachrome site:

http://kodachromeproject.com/blog/

Love the fridge, new solar, so far so good!

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!" — Hunter S. Thompson 2010 Tacoma DC 4X4 with highly modified 07 Eagle. Heart attack survivor 2/22/2010!

#95 Kodachrome

Kodachrome

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 10:01 PM

Dan, I swear I have never seen pictures of the back of your rig. Great minds must think a like. (fuel can)Posted Image
Jeff

Lol....Jeff: BFG AT/KO's?

Instagram

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users