59 replies to this topic

#11 MarkBC

MarkBC

The Weatherman

• Site Team
  • 6,600 posts
  • LocationBend, Oregon

Posted 10 September 2011 - 01:08 AM

Ooh, it comes with a filing cabinet. How handy.

Welcome DD. You'll find this to be a great web site with lots of good information. The folks here are very friendly and generally fun to hang out with. Hope to see you on the road sometime.
Mike

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

FWC Hawk (2005) on a Ford F250 Supercab, 6.8L V10 gas (2000)

#12 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,335 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 11 September 2011 - 10:44 PM

Welcome DD. You'll find this to be a great web site with lots of good information. The folks here are very friendly and generally fun to hang out with. Hope to see you on the road sometime. :rolleyes:

Mike

:lol:

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#13 DLN

DLN

• Members
  • 1,111 posts
  • LocationGrass Valley Area, CA

Posted 12 September 2011 - 02:00 PM

Hey DD, where are you picking up the camper? Delivery or the long trip to Sac?
DLN Ex- 2006 Eagle - 2002 Tacoma TRD - Ride Rite Air Bags Current - 2004 17' Casita SD

#14 pods8

pods8

• Members
  • 2,555 posts
  • LocationThornton, CO

Posted 12 September 2011 - 03:11 PM

Very cool, should be interesting to see how you like all your ideas incorporated into the Dirty Dog DenTM. :P

2022 F350 7.3L; family trailer at the moment and some aluminum stuck together to eventually form another truck camper

#15 DirtyDog

DirtyDog

Captain Leisure

• Site Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • LocationEugene, Oregon

Posted 12 September 2011 - 10:43 PM

Hey DD, where are you picking up the camper? Delivery or the long trip to Sac?

In Sacramento.

#16 marty

marty

• Members
  • 338 posts
  • LocationSacramento, California

Posted 16 September 2011 - 12:08 AM

Where is that guy with the camera. Now it is presentable. By friday afternoon it should even shine.

#17 pods8

pods8

• Members
  • 2,555 posts
  • LocationThornton, CO

Posted 16 September 2011 - 03:33 PM

Have you guys figured out how you're mounting this camper yet? Bolted down? Turn buckles off the jack brackets to the flatbed perimeter? Other?

2022 F350 7.3L; family trailer at the moment and some aluminum stuck together to eventually form another truck camper

#18 marty

marty

• Members
  • 338 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 03:49 PM

We are thinking a bolt down will be the most user friendly on this set up. We are not going to put on the jack brackets until the truck is here just in case we have to go with a side mount. The problem with a side mounting system is that it may cover some of the access doors and furnace.
So the answer will not come until next week.

#19 pods8

pods8

• Members
  • 2,555 posts
  • LocationThornton, CO

Posted 16 September 2011 - 06:41 PM

Cool, it'll be interesting to see what shakes out.

I haven't decided myself either but I have sometime (probably a good amount of time :lol: ). I don't have access doors in the vicinity I need to worry about though. I like the idea of turnbuckles for ease and quick install w/o too much alignment. Bolt through would be a cleaner external appearance for sure however I'm not sure if there are nice tricks for aligning things during the on/off of the camper (I'd like to pull mine at will, not sure if DD is planning to leave his mostly on), and will either require installing the nuts from the underside unless they're fixed as part of a mounting plate.

#20 marty

marty

• Members
  • 338 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 08:28 PM

You are right that turn buckels might be a little faster however DD has a lip on the edge of his flat bed that should make lining it up a snap. We will soon find out. Have a nice day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users