• Please log in to reply
171 replies to this topic

#41 dsrtrat

dsrtrat

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 02:25 AM

Customer service

This is my first post on this forum although I am a long time lurker.

I was able to purchase a used All Terrain Panther and just picked it up. I am very impressed with the design and craftmanship shown in the construction.
In a world of mass produced goods it is nice to find a product that still shows hand built quality.

Ben at all Terrain was very helpful in sending me the instructions and hardware for mounting the camper. He went out of his way to send me the hardware quickly and sent pictures with the verbal instructions on mounting locations.

Talk about service after the sale! Thanks Ben.

#42 Tomas Tierra

Tomas Tierra

• Members
  • 1,071 posts
  • LocationHollywood Beach, Alta California

Posted 02 October 2007 - 03:57 PM

Welcome to the forum!

Lets see some shots of your '02 Tundra set up! I'm putting my '02 Tundra into camper service this week, getting her ready.

WE LIKE PICTURES!!!

Tom

#43 DLN

DLN

• Members
  • 1,111 posts
  • LocationGrass Valley Area, CA

Posted 02 October 2007 - 05:13 PM

dsrtrat,

Welcome to the forum and send pictures soon, we all love pictures.
DLN Ex- 2006 Eagle - 2002 Tacoma TRD - Ride Rite Air Bags Current - 2004 17' Casita SD

#44 Herbabell

Herbabell

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 05:18 AM

This is the reason I am ordering a ATC vs a FWC. I visited FWC in Riverside and ATC in Sacramento. I thought the guys at FWC were cold and had no social skills, aside from that, I have a 2006 ford crew cab with the short bed, which is 5.5ft not the 6.5. In addition the bed is deeper on the newer fords. FWC builds a false floor and only a 6.5 camper. I called asked if they would build a shorter camper to fit my truck and they said it would be to much work and could not be done. Also I wanted the camper sides higher and not a false floor. FWC said no way.

I headed over to ATC and told them what I wanted and they all sat around saying this and that and then looked at me and said, NO PROBLEM. They would build me a camper to fit the short bed on my crew cab truck and the side wall of the camper higher to fit the deeper beds on the ford trucks. That was all I needed to hear, and soon I will have my new camper.

I have been camping forever, from Cabo to Alaska and this time around I wanted the biggest-smallest rig I could get, so I went for the crew cab for storage and the short bed to keep the length down. I’ll let you all know how it turns out.

#45 Tomas Tierra

Tomas Tierra

• Members
  • 1,071 posts
  • LocationHollywood Beach, Alta California

Posted 01 November 2007 - 05:28 AM

Can't wait to see some pic's Herb! Welcome aboard..

Maybe Ben can put a Super Freak paint job on there for ya as well.

Just kidding..

Customer service seems to be priority one over there at ATC!

#46 cabezon23

cabezon23

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 10:21 PM

I think ATC's (and Ben's) "can do" attitude does make a huge difference.

It seems that nothing is impossible and he is willing to go the extra mile (or 3000 miles like his trip to Florida).

Ben will honestly tell you if he thinks that your special requests are impractical, plain crazy or with little benefit in real life.

Customer satisfaction and safety goes over the fast buck (on the long run). He's living proof of it.

It's always nice to do business with good people, he's one of the few.

BTW, I'm VERY happy with my new Bobcat. Even if I just can't resist to take the interior apart, modify and improve it. Let me tell you, the interior of the cabinets, storage spaces etc is as well finished as the rest of the camper. It's a pleasure to work on it.
03 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4, D Cab, Air-Lift, Schroth Safety Harness, Recaro Seat (finally) on board laptop w GPS, ARB Front Bumper, Manual Hubs.

#47 Kilroy

Kilroy

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 04:41 PM

Ben,
Are you guys still using the outside storm flaps for the windows? If so, do you see an advantage over the window system that FWC uses? The FWC system seems much easier to use.

Thanks
David Bybee 2004.5 Dodge 3500 4x4 diesel 2004 Tundra DC 1998 Alaskan 10' Cabover

#48 ScottBailey

ScottBailey

• Members
  • 649 posts
  • LocationMesa, AZ

Posted 09 November 2008 - 05:48 AM

When I took delivery of my ATC, I talked to Marty about the storm flaps. This is my take on it, based on that discussion and my own observations:

• The storm flaps are mostly unnecessary.
  • In a serious storm, you might want them.
  • The storm flaps are a bit of a pain--untill you need them.
I initially thought storm flaps went in the con column, but now I'm inclined to put them in the pro category.

Scott Bailey -- W7SEB
2007 F350 XLT Diesel CC SRW SB 4x4
Cheap tent and a Partner Steel stove. 
Future? Really like the Hiatus, but I'm broke AF, so dreaming about a DIY.
SOLD: 2008 ATC Panther:dinette, 5th wheel

#49 benburnett

benburnett

• Members
  • 771 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 03:43 AM

Kilroy,

Scott's post pretty much sums it up. They are a bit of pain to use but we believe in a really heavy rain they are worth it. Not so much when you are camping as when you have to drive through a heavy rain to get home or out camping.
Sincerely,

Ben

www.bsbinstitute.com

email: benbntt@gmail.com

#50 Argonaut20

Argonaut20

• Members
  • 432 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 01:28 AM

It's all been said before, but I chose ATC over FWC because I felt Marty and Jeff would build what I wanted, not what they wanted. The approach was to outline what the basics were for, then add what I thought was necessary FOR ME. When I called FWC over a used camper I was considering, how I wanted to mod it to make it what I wanted, the answers were pretty much "That isn't possible" or "We don't do that". No explanation.

When I approached Marty about building a dinette and sent him my ideas, it was "We'll see what we can do." In the process of finalizing the dinette structure, Marty and Jeff took the time to build a mock up to see if it would really work in the limited space of a Bobcat. I got a call from Marty to give me the final dimensions and what he and Jeff had to do to make it a quality build. When I saw the final result (when I picked up the camper), it was better than what I had in mind. My wife said it all when she said she felt it had been built especially for us. You don't get that feeling much in today's world.

Thanks ATC.

2006 Tacoma, '66 AS Caravel,  2002 Eagle

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users