171 replies to this topic

#51 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,283 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 16 October 2009 - 09:23 PM

hi all this is my first reply to the stie,as we are just new members.on tuesday past mid the driving rain here in northern ca we ordered a bobcat wow spent over two hours talking with the 'boys' at ATC.a great group.a week before we went to FWC and got the tour plus a price.i was ready to place an order but as we needed to sell our kamparoo tent trailer we decided to wait.than on saturday i found the WTW site,and all the great info about ATC.really impressed with them.also thanks for the pics from ARGONAUT 20 for the dinette plans .we liked them so we are including that in our order.i have other questions for future responses,like does anyone carry a canoe?what about different ways to help lift the roof with the additional 50#of canoe weight or is it needed.thanks again for any and all info.we are looking forward to december 1st when we get our bobcat.

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#52 chnlisle

chnlisle

Post Master

• Members
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationThe Old Pueblo

Posted 17 October 2009 - 01:01 AM

Where is Les when we need him?

You wont be disappoint by ATC.

Special Engel Pricing For WTW Members

Click here to see my ATC Cougar
JayAronowSales.com
(520)579-9610
jayaronow@gmail.com

#53 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,014 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 17 October 2009 - 03:42 PM

Welcome. I don't have my kayak yet, but I'm expecting to have to take it down to raise the roof. Doesn't take much weight up there to make it really hard to raise.

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

#54 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,283 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 09:56 PM

on the 13th of october we ordered our bobcat from atc.the week before we went to fwc and looked at their eagle ,really liked it and know ahead what the price would be as i built and priced one from their web site.really enjoyed talking with steve we asked a lot of questions and received good answers.we were ready to purchase one but had to wait and sell our kamparoo tent trailer.the next week we had just come back from reno where i delivered the trailer to the buyer.having sold the kamparoo we were now ready to order the camper.i also had an idea what one would cost there.my bobcat came to about 2200$ less than the eagle.its just not the price but they offer the extended cab bed with 4" mattress at no extra coast plus the camper is 4" wider allowing us to sleep across the bed instead of using and carrying all the extra bed cushions.they did raise the base price about 200$ but that includes a free screen door and sliding window and dead bolt.it all made better sense for us,plus we talked to the people who will build the camper.the old saying, 'you get what you pay for' isn't always right.sometimes you get over charged and get less.i read over the comparison between the two companies but it didn't always compare apples to apples.as with buying most things do some homework and make the best choice for you.we are looking forward to getting our bobcat the 1st of december and hope to use it as soon as possible.i really enjoy this forum and have gotten a lot of helpful info from all the posts.thanks frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#55 marc

marc

Fire Proof

• Members
  • 1,121 posts
  • LocationSouth Shores California

Posted 21 October 2009 - 11:41 PM

Wecome Casa

You will be happy with your new rig. Can't waite to see some pics. Congrats.

marc

2016 Sprinter Silver Gray 144 Std. Roof 4x4. 3.0 diesle, Cooper "Dicoverer" ST Maxx 255/85/16

#56 Darryla

Darryla

• Members
  • 318 posts
  • LocationLivermore, CA

Posted 22 October 2009 - 02:41 AM

We have a 2009 fully loaded Bobcat and we love it. We go to the mountains almost every weekend and if you use yours a lot, you will be very happy. The guys at ATC will take care of you. You have made the right decision.

Be safe and have fun out there.

Darryl

Bobcat, Tacoma 4x4
ATC Bobcat, 2001 Tacoma 4X4, Supersprings, Bilsteins, Hewig Stabalizer

#57 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,283 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 07:51 PM

Welcome. I don't have my kayak yet, but I'm expecting to have to take it down to raise the roof. Doesn't take much weight up there to make it really hard to raise.

#58 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,283 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 07:57 PM

thanks craig.my canoe is only 50# about as much as a solar panel so i don't think lifting the roof should be any harder than having solar up there.since any solar i have will be like les at lq between the truck cab and camper.i'll keep all posted as to how much effort this is to lift the roof.we just want to keep this as simple as possible.

frank

#59 mtn-high

mtn-high

Campground Host- FUNKYTOWN

• Members
  • 954 posts
  • LocationHoward, CO

Posted 23 October 2009 - 12:45 AM

For true comparison, the 85 watt solar panel installed on my Hawk weighs 18 pounds.

However, when lifting the front of the unit..it certainly feels much heavier than that. (are all of the buckles loose? LOL)

mtn
Wherever ya go...there ya are.

#60 Professor

Professor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 05:57 AM

ATC were friendly and seemed to care about what I wanted. FWC did even return my call for 3 days, and no e-mail's at all.
David

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users