22 replies to this topic

#1 generubin

generubin

Electric Baja

• Members
  • 626 posts
  • LocationVentura, California

Posted 09 October 2011 - 03:14 PM

Yet again, an attempt to decrease protection, open land for mining and other extractions. http://azwmcl.org/bl...-wilderness-act

From Baja to the Arctic and all places between!

www.generubinaudio.com

Dodge 4x4 2500 Cummins, 6 spd manual, ATC Ocelot Shell. Tesla Model S, 85KWH, 2018 Tesla Model 3 (3 of them!!)

#2 MarkBC

MarkBC

The Weatherman

• Site Team
  • 6,592 posts
  • LocationBend, Oregon

Posted 09 October 2011 - 03:28 PM

I hadn't heard about this, Gene. It sure doesn't represent the way I want our public lands administered.

This is why it's important for citizens who don't want stuff like this to proceed to vote for representatives who will vote their interests and vote against this. Don't succumb to apathy and resignation -- it's important to vote -- both political sides are not the same.

FWC Hawk (2005) on a Ford F250 Supercab, 6.8L V10 gas (2000)

#3 chnlisle

chnlisle

Post Master

• Members
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationThe Old Pueblo

Posted 09 October 2011 - 03:58 PM

Where is George Hayduke when we need him most.

Special Engel Pricing For WTW Members

Click here to see my ATC Cougar
JayAronowSales.com
(520)579-9610
jayaronow@gmail.com

#4 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,269 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 09 October 2011 - 04:28 PM

Yet again, an attempt to convert our private lands for private use. http://azwmcl.org/bl...-wilderness-act

Thanks Gene for the heads up.Hopefully we the PUBLIC can save our lands.A letter to these reps might help.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#5 highz

highz

Retreaded

• Members
  • 1,816 posts
  • LocationSacramento Mountains, NM

Posted 09 October 2011 - 07:41 PM

Thanks, Gene. Yes, I've heard of it and have been writing legislators, but I didn't think to post about it at WtW. Good thinking.

'99 Ford Ranger XLT, '08 FWC Eagle
-------------
“the clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness.” - John Muir

#6 Barko1

Barko1

• Members
  • 1,635 posts
  • LocationSouthern Appalachians

Posted 09 October 2011 - 07:45 PM

BS, the Wilderness release act does nothing to sell off land and this is a great case of many environmental groups distorting the legislation to restrict our use of public lands.

“The bill that was referenced is H.R. 1581. Under this legislation, there is no ‘sell-off’ of land. The bill simply opens certain land to multiple uses, while keeping them under federal ownership. The Department of the Interior has studied these lands and has deemed them unsuitable for wilderness designation.

If you want to use your camper to access the public lands in a responsible manner you should support this bill. Many areas were declared wilderness simply as a way to lock up the land without meeting the legal definition of wilderness, this bill seeks to restore responsible use.
Granby on an F250 in S. NM

#7 MarkBC

MarkBC

The Weatherman

• Site Team
  • 6,592 posts
  • LocationBend, Oregon

Posted 09 October 2011 - 08:09 PM

I think there are plenty of roads on public lands already -- enough for my use, anyway. Providing an opportunity for more people to drive on more roads in no way improves my enjoyment of the outdoors.

Declaring an area off-limits to vehicles in no way locks it up. On-foot is the best way to travel if you want to experience what an area is like in its natural state. Not physically able to travel by foot? Well...I don't believe that everything needs to be made handicap accessible. I'm not in good enough shape to hike/climb to some places in the some wilderness areas, and that's fine with me -- it's enough to just know that they're there -- protected. Posted Image

#8 highz

highz

Retreaded

• Members
  • 1,816 posts
  • LocationSacramento Mountains, NM

Posted 09 October 2011 - 08:48 PM

I think the main point in posting on WtW is to ping us so we get active, and at least write your legislators whichever side you are on.

'99 Ford Ranger XLT, '08 FWC Eagle
-------------
“the clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness.” - John Muir

#9 MarkBC

MarkBC

The Weatherman

• Site Team
  • 6,592 posts
  • LocationBend, Oregon

Posted 09 October 2011 - 10:20 PM

I think the main point in posting on WtW is to ping us so we get active, and at least write your legislators whichever side you are on.

I think you should get the WTW nickname, "Peacemaker" or "The Diplomat", highz! Posted Image

#10 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,255 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 10 October 2011 - 12:29 AM

I think there are plenty of roads on public lands already -- enough for my use, anyway. Providing an opportunity for more people to drive on more roads in no way improves my enjoyment of the outdoors.

Declaring an area off-limits to vehicles in no way locks it up. On-foot is the best way to travel if you want to experience what an area is like in its natural state. Not physically able to travel by foot? Well...I don't believe that everything needs to be made handicap accessible. I'm not in good enough shape to hike/climb to some places in the some wilderness areas, and that's fine with me -- it's enough to just know that they're there -- protected. Posted Image

Nice to know there are clear independent thinkers out there.

I thank the heavens above there are still small remnants of our West where we cannot drive, or need to.

I write. Someday I hope we may get a representative that can read.

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users