13 replies to this topic

#11 chnlisle

chnlisle

Post Master

• Members
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationThe Old Pueblo

Posted 13 August 2007 - 03:25 PM

Craig, my butt was puckering looking at the pictures. Terrific shots thanx for posting them. BTW great looking rig. I'm sure Mike will agree its the only way to go. Is it a Cummins and if so do you have cruise control?

Special Engel Pricing For WTW Members

Click here to see my ATC Cougar
JayAronowSales.com
(520)579-9610
jayaronow@gmail.com

#12 DLN

DLN

• Members
  • 1,111 posts
  • LocationGrass Valley Area, CA

Posted 13 August 2007 - 04:05 PM

Craig,

We've been up to the lookout twice. The first time we hiked it from the Packer Lake Road trail head and the second we drove my wifes old car, a '91 Subaru, as far up the dirt road as we could and then hiked the road. We sure wouldn't do that to her new Outback. Anyway, your shots of the stairs show well how hairy that last few hundred feet are. I was white knuckled each time up and down those stairs but well worth it for the view from the lookout.
DLN Ex- 2006 Eagle - 2002 Tacoma TRD - Ride Rite Air Bags Current - 2004 17' Casita SD

#13 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,000 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 13 August 2007 - 09:24 PM

Yep, its a cummins, only way to go. And btw, i do believe one of those towns had diesel. No cruise control. I bought the stripped down model. No power anything. Its was all (probably more but what the heck) could afford.

I'll admit, heights aren't my thing. I had the death grip on the handrail going up and down.

#14 chnlisle

chnlisle

Post Master

• Members
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationThe Old Pueblo

Posted 14 August 2007 - 02:43 PM

Craig send me a private message. Its way cheaper than you think.

Special Engel Pricing For WTW Members

Click here to see my ATC Cougar
JayAronowSales.com
(520)579-9610
jayaronow@gmail.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users