#221 MarkBC

MarkBC

The Weatherman

• Site Team
  • 5,791 posts
  • LocationBend, Oregon

Posted 31 August 2014 - 06:22 PM

Faucet Extension.

We all hate how the short faucet winds up splashing water all over the counter. 

My first thought was to use pvc. The o.d. on the faucet is 3/4". I just happened to have some clear hose with a 3/4" i.d. sitting in my project area so I thought I'd try that first.

IMAG0402_zps18ce79bc.jpg

As you can see the faucet doesn't extend very far over the sink. I unscrewed the the spout and cut it in the middle of the curve. A 4 1/2" piece of hose fit perfectly. I don't think it'll even need hose clamps. It now sits just about right in the middle of the sink.

IMAG0403_zpsac50b72e.jpg

Nice thing about the hose, if I decide it needs to be longer or shorter its only a minute project to modify it. I doubt I'll wind up needing something stiffer like the pvc.

Total time about ten minutes. Total cost=free

Clever, Craig. :)

FWC Hawk (2005) on a Ford F250 Supercab, 6.8L gas (2000)

#222 billharr

billharr

• Members
  • 2,590 posts
  • LocationStockton CA

Posted 22 September 2014 - 05:08 PM

Not my idea someone else on WTW suggested it. But I finally got levels inside my truck. Have some on the outside but this will let me know if I am close without hopping out of the truck.  There is not a flat spot on the dash of my 05 Tundra, so I stuck one level to the visor. The other I put on the door.

med_gallery_1903_734_836186.jpg

med_gallery_1903_734_1343381.jpg

#223 Lighthawk

Lighthawk

Fellow Wanderer

• Members
  • 2,825 posts
  • LocationNevada City, CA

Posted 22 September 2014 - 06:46 PM

Not my idea someone else on WTW suggested it. But I finally got levels inside my truck. Have some on the outside but this will let me know if I am close without hopping out of the truck.  There is not a flat spot on the dash of my 05 Tundra, so I stuck one level to the visor. The other I put on the door.

med_gallery_1903_734_836186.jpg

med_gallery_1903_734_1343381.jpg

I've been thinking of the same thing, Bill.  Kind of wish the Tundra had a flat spot somewhere.  

Andy
06 Tundra AC TRD 4x4, 08 Hawk, Ride-Rite bags, Helweg sway bar,18" BFG AT's

Photo galleries at Lighthawkphoto.com

#224 Bosque Bill

Bosque Bill

• Members
  • 643 posts
  • LocationAlbuquerque, NM

Posted 22 September 2014 - 07:20 PM

There is not a flat spot on the dash of my 05 Tundra, so I stuck one level to the visor. The other I put on the door.

Turns out the bottom of the cup holder on the console (the one to the rear of the shifter) of my Tacoma is flat and level with the truck. I put a bull's-eye bubble level there to get the camper level. It's not glued down, doesn't have to be. Works great.

"I'm not an expert; I'm an enthusiast!"
New Mexico, U.S.A - The Land of Enchantment
My Travel Blog - My NM Website - Travel Videos - 360ยบ Panoramas

2013 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab SR5 V6 4x4 - 2013 FWC Fleet

#225 Lighthawk

Lighthawk

Fellow Wanderer

• Members
  • 2,825 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 10:43 PM

Turns out the bottom of the cup holder on the console (the one to the rear of the shifter) of my Tacoma is flat and level with the truck. I put a bull's-eye bubble level there to get the camper level. It's not glued down, doesn't have to be. Works great.

I'll check that out.  I've got a center console with flip lid, but I could put a bubble level in there or in a cup holder.  

Right now, there's one glued to the couch support, but I have to jump out to look at it,

then jump back in and adjust,

then jump out . . .  you get the idea.

Andy

#226 Roger

Roger

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 05:23 PM

This is true also for the 2012 Tundra with the center fold down cup holder, stuff organizer.  So much easier than stopping, getting out and checking the fridge and backing up just one more 'smidge to get it level.

#227 camelracer

camelracer

• Members
  • 857 posts
  • LocationGoleta, Ca

Posted 15 October 2014 - 08:18 PM

Ever had the drip tray under the freezer in your fridge come loose on a rough road? I've had this problem on my old 3 way and the new compressor fridge. I glued a couple of magnetic strips on the tray and the back of the fridge and it seems to keep the tray where it belongs.

IMG_1947.jpg

IMG_1948.jpg

2002 Fiat 2500 CTD 4x4, FWC Grandby 1951 Willys CJ3A

#228 camelracer

camelracer

• Members
  • 857 posts
  • LocationGoleta, Ca

Posted 15 October 2014 - 08:26 PM

On my Grandby the switch for the rear flood lights is mounted just off the floor by the door. I once unknowingly kicked the switch when I was getting out in the morning and the lights were on all day which drained my batteries. To solve this problem I drilled a small hole in the switch and installed a lock pin. 

IMG_1953.jpg

2002 Fiat 2500 CTD 4x4, FWC Grandby 1951 Willys CJ3A

#229 billharr

billharr

• Members
  • 2,590 posts
  • LocationStockton CA

Posted 31 October 2014 - 09:33 PM

The wife wanted something to grab besides me when she got out of the bed. I build a hand hold and mounted it next to one of  my inside struts. Will give it a test after it stops raining. Bought a 6"  wide drawer pull at HD and mounted it on a 6"x2" 1/8 alum plate. Counter sunk back side and used tapered 8-32 allen screw with lock-tight on them to hold the handle to the alum plate. 

gallery_1903_734_106524.jpg

#230 Lighthawk

Lighthawk

Fellow Wanderer

• Members
  • 2,825 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 04:09 AM

Good job, Bill!  Nice job with the aluminum plate too.

Andy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users