60 replies to this topic

#31 highz

highz

Retreaded

• Members
  • 1,816 posts
  • LocationSacramento Mountains, NM

Posted 06 January 2012 - 08:06 PM

I'd also like to get iPhone and Android apps made for connecting from your mobiles (I will work on that soon).

If that includes uploading photos from iPhone/Pod/Pad and Android devices to the site, that would be cool. Some months back, IP.Board didn't have the functionality, but I haven't checked their site lately. If it takes a separate app, that's okay by me.

'99 Ford Ranger XLT, '08 FWC Eagle
-------------
“the clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness.” - John Muir

#32 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,014 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 06 January 2012 - 08:47 PM

That would be cool. I can usually wait till I get home to post, but I can see times that would be handy. Especially if you have breaking news ie: soandso pass just suffered an avalanche etc.

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

#33 Janet H

Janet H

• Adminstrators
  • 468 posts
  • LocationEastern WA

Posted 07 January 2012 - 03:25 AM

For the foreseeable future everything will remain the same.

except.....

Aarons new endeavors mean that his time here may be more limited and so we will explore setting in place a team of well respected community members to help manage the forum. While we can assist with some new functionality moving forward and lots of help, community members are best equipped to guide the forum. In the next few weeks you may find me asking for some help along these lines so that we can continue to keep the site as it was intended; content rich and member driven.

#34 Overland Hadley

Overland Hadley

• Members
  • 1,365 posts
  • LocationLake Superior North

Posted 07 January 2012 - 01:32 PM

It looks like this isn't your first rodeo.

Yeah, that is good to see. I have lurked some on those sites and it is nice to know you guys also run them as well.
Nathanael - Large Format Landscape Photography
www.KuenzliPhotography.com

2012 Four Wheel Camper - The FWC Build
"If life was fair, Utah would be closer to home" DD

#35 Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

• Members
  • 2,762 posts
  • LocationNE Calif/NW Nev

Posted 07 January 2012 - 05:24 PM

To Mr. Dog, thank you for providing this site to exchange information, tales and facilitate discussion. I wish you the best in your present and future endeavors.

To those how have contributed or whomever may care, thank you for your threads, photos and comments. Their influence on me has ranged from informational to entertaining to therapeutic.

To those who take over, welcome and I wish you the best in your future endeavors too. My second wish is you don't screw with the functionality of the the site. Of all the various sites I visit both personally and professionally this one is by far the easiest to use.

Aaron-really enjoyed this site, it really helped me in my "adventuring" around the west! Mining history can be interesting, it seemed like almost every isolated track of BLM land used to have an old mining claim and a story, enjoy your wanderings and adventures! I guess you have checked out the BLM Class I Historic Overviews, each and every BLM District has to have them written up as background data for making better management decisions, each state office usually has a list of studies and reports-if i remember right, Colorado, Alaska, Nevada and California had lots of good data and are good sources for future adventures.

Enjoy

Smoke!

Smoke
Smokecreek1:99F1504x4with05Granby

#36 firemen7

firemen7

• Members
  • 163 posts
  • LocationEscondido, CA

Posted 07 January 2012 - 05:53 PM

DD, Thank you for your service, advintures, trips and all the hard work that you provided to WtW. I have enjoyed the ride and some of the advintures that have been discribed thruoghout the website Thank you again.
Andy R, Welcome to WtW Let's Roll!

2009 Single cab Silverado Z71 & 2005 Hawk
2018 Crew cab Silverado 4X4 & 2018 Hawk

2020 RAM 2500 Crew Cab 4X4 & 2018 Hawk

#37 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,287 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 07 January 2012 - 07:48 PM

Aaron thank you for all your work to make this site the great tool it is.I have only been a member since Oct. 09 and have learned much,met lots of great members online and have added to the site with some of my thoughts and ideas.

Hope the site doesn't change much.It's so easy to use and there is definitely a big feeling of "community",one of the things which I like best.

To the new owners welcome and continue to work to make and keep this the best "camping" site out there.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#38 jcbrandon

jcbrandon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationHigh Desert, Northern Nevada

Posted 08 January 2012 - 06:02 PM

Yow. I've been gone for some time, just came back and found this big news.

Many thanks to Aaron for creating this community (and for more than a few laughs and good stories around a campfire). And welcome to the new team. Looking forward to the future.

cheers,

-J.
-J. Brandon (yup, it's just J.)
Treat others as you would like to be treated
www.americansahara.com

#39 rich

rich

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 12:13 AM

Just finished up my holiday wanderings and came back to hear this. DD - sad to see you go, this site has provided invaluable information and I have come to rely on it as the leaping off point for most of my vehicle assisted adventures and that is all due to the hard work you have put in over the years and the open spirit of the rest of the wanderers on here. Good luck in your next endeavors and if you ever want a mining tour of the Middle Fork of the American river for your mining site my offer still stands, come on out and go down the river!

To the new team, welcome, the proposed changes look great and we look forward to seeing where you take our little online community!
Rich 2007 Toyota Tundra Limited with 1989 FWC/ATC Fleet Hybrid fully refurbished

#40 buzzman

buzzman

• Members
  • 220 posts
  • LocationCrossville, TN

Posted 09 January 2012 - 03:52 PM

DD, sorry to see you go, but good luck with your future projects. Although I have not participated very much lately, this forum has been a valuable resource and an enjoyable to read over the years. This forum sure has grown and improved since 2007 when I joined! Thanks for all your hard work. Hope you see back here once in a while.

Welcome to Andy and the new team.

buzzman

2017 Ram 3500 6.4L gas SRW, CC, 2wd, 8' bed

2007 FWC Grandby--Sold

2015 Hallmark Ute XL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users