15 replies to this topic

#1 valkraider

valkraider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 07:03 PM

Any chance you guys might turn on the Tapatalk plug-in for IPBoard so that we can browse the forums natively on our iPhones, Androids, and iPads?

:)

#2 MarkBC

MarkBC

The Weatherman

• Site Team
  • 6,599 posts
  • LocationBend, Oregon

Posted 23 January 2012 - 08:37 PM

I agree that a smartphone-friendly version of WTW would be great :) ...but on the stock Android browser it is possible to view and post now -- I'm posting this on my Droid Bionic.
But, yes, either a dedicated app or just a mobile version for browser would be a worthwhile improvement!

FWC Hawk (2005) on a Ford F250 Supercab, 6.8L V10 gas (2000)

#3 valkraider

valkraider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 01:13 AM

I agree that a smartphone-friendly version of WTW would be great :) ...but on the stock Android browser it is possible to view and post now -- I'm posting this on my Droid Bionic.
But, yes, either a dedicated app or just a mobile version for browser would be a worthwhile improvement!

I posted that from my iPhone.

;)

It is just so much nicer using Tapatalk - I have all my other forums in there... Car, Truck, Motorcycles, Geek stuff, it's all there. They make plug-ins for almost every forum site software that exists and all forum admin have to do is just turn it on... This board uses IP.Board and Tapatalk support is built in, if they just turn it on.

:)

#4 MarkBC

MarkBC

The Weatherman

• Site Team
  • 6,599 posts
  • LocationBend, Oregon

Posted 24 January 2012 - 02:21 AM

It is just so much nicer using Tapatalk.....if they just turn it on.

Well, I ain't agin it. :)

#5 valkraider

valkraider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 12:54 PM

Just in case anyone is interested, here is what I am referring to:

Tapatalk forum app

#6 Janet H

Janet H

• Adminstrators
  • 468 posts
  • LocationEastern WA

Posted 01 February 2012 - 09:47 PM

Thanks for the suggestion - we're looking at this and several other options and will keep you updated.. :)

#7 BobM

BobM

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 10:14 PM

If you need motivation, Exedition Portal does work on tapatalk

#8 valkraider

valkraider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:18 PM

Any progress on this front?

While on-the-road wandering it is much easier to participate via Tapatalk than it is via the web interface. :)

Our new toy is on it's way from the factory to be delivered and I am sure we will want to post stuffs about it from our phones. :)

nudge nudge

#9 MarkBC

MarkBC

The Weatherman

• Site Team
  • 6,599 posts
  • LocationBend, Oregon

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:28 PM

Any progress on this front?

Uhh...yeah...well, I've been told that the Administration (the site owners) decided to have dedicated apps (iOS and Android) made for the site instead of enabling Tapatalk. And that app-writing is in progress.
That sounds fine...but I don't see why Tapatalk functionality couldn't be installed/enabled as well, since the add-on/plug-in for it is free for the site. Maybe it has something to do with ad revenue...Posted Image

#10 valkraider

valkraider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 04:16 PM

Uhh...yeah...well, I've been told that the Administration (the site owners) decided to have dedicated apps (iOS and Android) made for the site instead of Tapatalk. And that's in progress (app writing).
That sounds fine, except I don't see why Tapatalk functionality couldn't be installed/enabled as well, since the add-on/plug-in for it is free for the site. Maybe it has something to do with ad revenue...Posted Image

Oh well. I'm not going to install it then, having a separate app for each forum is really annoying. Stuck with desktop access only (unless your mobile template improves).

Thanks for the update though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users